Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL General Game Day Discussion II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
RGIII and Wilson both attempted 393 passes

Luck attempted 627 passes

RGIII and Wilson both had RBs that rushed for 1600 yards and 10+ TDs

Luck had Vick Ballard, who rushed for 800 yards and 2 TDs

Luck won't win RoY, his stats aren't pretty enough. He'll have far and away the best and longest career of the 3.

If anything you just stated why he will win it. No running game, 240 more pass attempts , 9 gm improvement and basically a one man show works in his favor. Those complaining about the TO aren't taking that into account. Guarantee if Luck had a 1600+ yd RB at his disposal like the other two he never attempts 627 passes nor has 1/2 of his TO. Both Wilson and RGIII couldn't be in a more friendly environment for success then with their respective teams. Neither would have nearly the amount of success had they landed in Indy instead and that's not even debatable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Luck has a worse quarterback rating than Michael Vick on the year.

All you need to know to not give him ROY.

Argument over I win.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Argument over I win.

The fact you brought QBR into the conversation should automatically eliminate you from any further discussion. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like RG3 for ROY over Luck just as I liked RG3 in the draft over Luck. I have yet to see anyone say that RG3 makes Alfred Morris a better performer. People talk about how Morris is a 6th round rookie, but they never go as far as to link the dynamics that RG3 brings to the field with his own ability to carry the football as something that is contributing to the success of Morris. People rather reach back 10 years ago to the success Mike Shannahan had in Denver with his many late round under appreciated running backs in an effort to explain the success of Morris. Why did it take Shannahan so many years to find another RB to produce at a high level? It's because RG3 is aiding the success of Morris. Before this season Shannahan hasn't produced an 1100+ yard RB since 2004.

The Colts have a cupcake record, a true #1 receiver, and a veteran defense that has guys with a Super Bowl ring and as many as two Super Bowl appearances. The Colts were good before Peyton got injured and was replaced by QBs that had no business in the NFL. Well when you replace Peyton with a true starting NFL QB like Luck then the Colts become good again. People act like the Colts were terrible for 10 years before Luck was drafted. They were horrible for a single season and that's because they didn't have a QB to insert that had any business starting in an NFL game. That decision ruined the entire franchise, for a season. A season. The Colts were bad for a season. A single Season.

The Redskins before this season didn't have a winning record since 2007.
Blahman88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Luck is better, you can see by the way he actually plays on the field, how he leads etc, Griffin is a gimmick, he'll be Cam Newton style next year......

Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Ponder, who has the league's best RB and league's only real run-first team still has nearly 90 more throwing attempts than RG3.

The fact that Shanahan only let RG3 throw 18 times in an absolute must-win game speaks for itself, let alone the fact he completed 9 passes and still won.

The Colts basically ride or die with Luck, and he has shouldered the load PLUS the fact that his head coach had cancer.

Luck ROY, not even a debate. Get your hype and Redskin love out of this thread.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Argument over I win.

The fact you brought QBR into the conversation should automatically eliminate you from any further discussion. Wink

Not the new espn stat the one that has been used for years. His rating is lower than Blaine Gabberts too.

He was actually so bad statistically this year it should be questionable if he starts next year instead of winning awards.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Christian Ponder, who has the league's best RB and league's only real run-first team still has nearly 90 more throwing attempts than RG3.

The fact that Shanahan only let RG3 throw 18 times in an absolute must-win game speaks for itself, let alone the fact he completed 9 passes and still won.

The Colts basically ride or die with Luck, and he has shouldered the load PLUS the fact that his head coach had cancer.

I consider the colts run to be a fluke, because Luck did not play well enough for them to win games. Their season is some weird anomaly. I don't think Luck deserves rookie of the year because of that.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Luck has a subpar D and an abysmal run game but yet they made it to the playoffs 1 year removed from Peyton Manning. He deserves ROY over RGIII.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
I have yet to see anyone say that RG3 makes Alfred Morris a better performer. People talk about how Morris is a 6th round rookie, but they never go as far as to link the dynamics that RG3 brings to the field with his own ability to carry the football as something that is contributing to the success of Morris.

Quote:
Phire wrote:
RG3 is a prime example of what establishing a running game can do for a quarterback.

You have to admit though, RG3 was a big reason as to why that running game was established. They averaged 4.0 yards per carry in 2011 and currently average 5.2 yards per carry this season and I suspect that isn't all because of Alfred Morris, although that boy does run hard.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15384113#15384113

I did friend!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of the difference between the two is their respective offenses.

Luck gets 65% of his passing yards in the air. (65/35)
Griffin gets 55% of his on YAC. (45/55)

15% of Luck's passes are behind the line of scrimmage.
40% of Griffin's are behind the line.

This equates to a tilting of the QB rating based on the difficulty of the throws being made.

I am not saying that the Washington offense is "dumbed-down" for Griffin, either.
It is just tailored to his strengths.

The Colts' offense is the Colts' offense.
Luck has had to adapt and it has worked against him at times.
I am somewhat surprised he has done so well in such a vertical offense.
Had he been indoctrinated into a modified WCO offense like Griffin I think you would see a significant hike in his numbers.

Griffin is very good.
Luck is better.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ROY award isn't the "who's the purer pocket QB award." I don't believe that Griffin would have thrown 18 interceptions for any team and offensive philosophy in the entire NFL. Luck does have a true #1 receiver with a hall of fame type career.
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:

I consider the colts run to be a fluke, because Luck did not play well enough for them to win games. Their season is some weird anomaly. I don't think Luck deserves rookie of the year because of that.

That's literally exactly what he did?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since a lot of you seem dense. I will help you out.

Andrew Luck's rankings: Now I won't include irrelevant stats like total yards and total completions we know luck threw it a lot that means nothing.

Completion percentage: 54.1 % NFL Rank: 31

YPA: 6.98 NFL Rank: 17

TD: 23 NFL Rank: 14

INT: 18 NFL Rank: TIED 29th (threw as many as buttfumble)

RAT: 76.5 Rank: 26

Andrew Luck is the most overrated qb in nfl history. He did not have anything coming close to a good season. Those are ugly numbers.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:

That's literally exactly what he did?

I say the colts won in spite of his failures as a qb.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 60 of 99

Jump to: