Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame (Junior)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheGoldenChild


Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 2557
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame (Junior) Reply with quote



Prince Shembo
Position: OLB
School: Notre Dame
Size: 6'2", 255
40: 4.76 (estimated)

2012 stats (through 9 games): 44 tackles, 10 TFL, 7 sacks, 11 hurries


Thoughts on Shembo?

Game film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYqgMkUbF2Q

Favorite play is at 1:27. Absolutely destroys the LT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26623
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think he should stay and flood next year with ND talent. Laughing
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5411
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will be an elite run defender in the NFL and still a quality pass rusher who can get you 7-10 sacks a year.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColumbusCrewzer


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 8190
Location: VA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother played against his brother in high school. He was pretty good player but went D3. As for Prince I don't see him coming out but he'll be a solid prospect next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 4509
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive player, Reminds me of a young Tamba Hali
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Cryptkeeper


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 2464
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tough to discern how good Shembo is himself and how much he benefits from having a ton of talent around him, but he looks like he could definitely stick around the league for a few years. Nix and Tuitt are exceptional D-line prospects- Prince benefits from that and playing next to T'eo.

I love the job he's been doing for us, I just want to see more of it before I'm sold on his NFL prospects.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8099
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Impressive player, Reminds me of a young Tamba Hali
I was trying to think of a comparison, I was kind of thinking Hali, but I think Shembo is a quite a bit better athlete, little more upside than Tamba.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 4509
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Impressive player, Reminds me of a young Tamba Hali
I was trying to think of a comparison, I was kind of thinking Hali, but I think Shembo is a quite a bit better athlete, little more upside than Tamba.
That,too but I think Shembo has a similar motor as Hali
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8099
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Impressive player, Reminds me of a young Tamba Hali
I was trying to think of a comparison, I was kind of thinking Hali, but I think Shembo is a quite a bit better athlete, little more upside than Tamba.
That,too but I think Shembo has a similar motor as Hali
Yep and he uses his hands well like Tamba, the things I see that are better are the athleticism/speed rush and maybe a slightly better bull rush. But yeah, very similar.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16827
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cryptkeeper wrote:
It's tough to discern how good Shembo is himself and how much he benefits from having a ton of talent around him, but he looks like he could definitely stick around the league for a few years. Nix and Tuitt are exceptional D-line prospects- Prince benefits from that and playing next to T'eo.

I love the job he's been doing for us, I just want to see more of it before I'm sold on his NFL prospects.


This is exactly how I feel. Need to see more because that D is playing so well as a unit, it's tough to evaluate him individually. Maybe be easy for others, just tough for my amateur scouting abilities...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26623
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
The Cryptkeeper wrote:
It's tough to discern how good Shembo is himself and how much he benefits from having a ton of talent around him, but he looks like he could definitely stick around the league for a few years. Nix and Tuitt are exceptional D-line prospects- Prince benefits from that and playing next to T'eo.

I love the job he's been doing for us, I just want to see more of it before I'm sold on his NFL prospects.


This is exactly how I feel. Need to see more because that D is playing so well as a unit, it's tough to evaluate him individually. Maybe be easy for others, just tough for my amateur scouting abilities...


Teams could be wary since McCargo busted being the third best on that line.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Abe56


Joined: 21 Nov 2005
Posts: 7897
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites
Scout tells me prospect most impacted off field Notre Dame's Prince Shembo. After comprehensive background check, off virtually Every Board
_________________
Adopt a Jet - Muhammad Wilkerson

39 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 14 QB Hits, 7 Stuffs, 3 PD



Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83907
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abe56 wrote:
NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites
Scout tells me prospect most impacted off field Notre Dame's Prince Shembo. After comprehensive background check, off virtually Every Board


What did he do?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Abe56


Joined: 21 Nov 2005
Posts: 7897
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue, just thought it was interesting
_________________
Adopt a Jet - Muhammad Wilkerson

39 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 14 QB Hits, 7 Stuffs, 3 PD



Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonkavikes27


Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 799
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

battle2heaven wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
@NFLDraftBites: Scout tells me prospect most impacted off field Notre Dame's Prince Shembo. After comprehensive background check, off virtually Every Board


What's the character issue with Shembo? Did he shank someone or something?


http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/23/former-notre-dame-lb-prince-shembo-addresses-sexual-assault-allegation/

He had a sexual assault charge brought up against him, the female who brought the charge up ended up committing suicide.

Quote:
“I’m innocent,” Shembo told ESPN.com. “I didn’t do anything. I’m, pretty much, I’m the one who ended it and pretty much told the girl that we should stop, that we shouldn’t be doing this and that’s what happened. So, I don’t know.”


Quote:
“The reason I wanted to talk was just to clear up my name,” said Shembo. “My name was in flames, pretty much.”

_________________

Vikings Dream Draft:
1. Mack/Mosley
2. Joyner
3. Mettenberger
3. Billy Turner
4. Justin Ellis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group