Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB and JS nomination week 10 @ Philly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
I'm willing to bet more of their interceptions were from bad decisions, confusion, and risk taking... I also don't understand what those players have to do with him making really inaccurate throws.

As I said before, bad decisions lead to inaccurate throws. As do the adjustments to the speed of the game. Passes which would normally be completed in college often fall incomplete or are intercepted in the NFL because it's much faster than the college game. That's why QBs go through a growth and learning curve with the position. Why is this so hard for you to accept?

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB: Spencer (Glad I an tell alot of you I told you so)

JS: Mo. It was bound to happen, brings him
Back down to earth.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:

I don't expect it to last, but he had a great game.

Quote:
Back down to earth.

Exactly. Rookies make mistakes. But, the fact that he owned it and took accountability for the mistakes, apologized to his teammates and said that he'll never play that poorly again says a lot. In fact, it says a helluva lot more than 99% of the players on this team who have never taken accountability for their poor play on the field.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
thesickness89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwayne Harris for the game ball. Damn that feels good to say, I saw him make that play a few times in person at ECU. Would like to see him get some targets on O, even if its only a touch or two during the game.

Jockstrap, meh, MO, Hatcher, and just the ton of penalties that kept the Eagles alive.

#FIREHOKE2014
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

EDIT #2

An honorable mention GB goes to Mo as well....

via Twitter -
Quote:

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon
Mo Claiborne stood up in the locker room and promised his teammates he'd never play that poorly again.

Way to take acocoutantibilty for your play and take a stance on it kid. You've learned in 3.5 mo, something many on this team have yet to discover after 5-7 yrs.

Well if he promised.....hey wait don't see anything about pinkies being involved, he didn't mean it...it's not legit. Don't do it cowboys...spit at that empty promise.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

Exactly. Rookies make mistakes. But, the fact that he owned it and took accountability for the mistakes, apologized to his teammates and said that he'll never play that poorly again says a lot. In fact, it says a helluva lot more than 99% of the players on this team who have never taken accountability for their poor play on the field.

Agreed 100%.

If you make a mistake, own up to it. That kid is maturing rather quickly.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB: Dez Bryant. (I think the ball moved on his TD catch, but after fate gave Bryant the finger in the giants game, Ill let it slide.)

JS: Offensive line. (If Romo was and egg, and the Defense were little squirmies, then the offensive line was a busted condom.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB: Felix Jones. I felt Felix looked better than he has all year. He ran HARD every time he touched the ball and that 1st QTR TD was highlight material!

JS: Claiborne... not for his coverage which was not great but not terrible either but for the penalties.. hopefully we don't see many more of these.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

I don't expect it to last, but he had a great game.

He's had a great season - and he was pretty darn good before this season. One comment taken out of context and he became the nasty Ogre that was the cause of all our problems.

Quote:
Quote:
Back down to earth.

Agreed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with a lot of Garrett's play calling was that even after the O-line proved it could not hold up longer than 1 sec, he continued to call passing plays, where the receivers and TE's ran routes that required at least 3 secs to run.

GB: The review booth on Dez's "touchdown". Pass D, excluding Mo. Matt Bryant(traitor) for getting b slapped, and allowing Harris to score.

JS: Mo. Run D. Oline. Phillips.
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't much like the play calls on the Cowboys 1st possession in the 3rd qtr. They had proven they could run the ball effectively in the first half so what do they do on their 1st possession in the 2nd half, 3 straight passes. Of course if they had effectively moved the ball it would have been hard to argue the play calling but since they failed to pick up even 1 first down.. argh!

I think the Cowboys offense got a gift in this game. They tied the game up at 17 with a nice late 3rd qtr drive and the next time they touched the ball they had a 14 point lead and never threw the ball again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: