Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB and JS nomination week 10 @ Philly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt79511

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
Man, offense can't move the ball and it's all on Garrett? Run:pass was basically 1:1, not Jason's fault that the line can't block a four man front.

Not the run pass ratio rather the actual design of the plays

How so? Nothing so egregious to me. Of course, I'm of the opinion that no play is doomed to failure and that it comes down to execution, and that blaming playcalling for anything is silly.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
Man, offense can't move the ball and it's all on Garrett? Run:pass was basically 1:1, not Jason's fault that the line can't block a four man front.

Not the run pass ratio rather the actual design of the plays

How so? Nothing so egregious to me. Of course, I'm of the opinion that no play is doomed to failure and that it comes down to execution, and that blaming playcalling for anything is silly.

If you watched some of the routes the WR's were running they were constantly blanketed. Then the few passes we had open up were underneath. Often on third down. For less than the 1st. It's a culmination of poor pass designs and brilliant secondary defense by the eagles.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gameballs to Felix, Vickers, Romo, Harris Tyron, Demarcus, Carter, Spencer and Carr.

Jockstraps to Claiborne, Garrett, Free.

#JDI
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Balls: Felix Jones, Dwayne Harris, Jason Hatcher, and Bruce Carter

Jock Straps: Morris Caliborne, Jason Garrett

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many penalties did Claiborne have? I've never seen an offsides on a cornerback, let alone two (I've seen an encroachment a few weeks ago).
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
How many penalties did Claiborne have? I've never seen an offsides on a cornerback, let alone two (I've seen an encroachment a few weeks ago).

Too many, especially in the second half. He played like a lost rookie today. Thankfully, Foles played like a rookie as well.

Northland wrote:
waremd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB: Carter
Hm: Harris

JS: Mo, Free

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Too many, especially in the second half. He played like a lost rookie today. Thankfully, Foles played like a rookie as well.

iirc, MO had 5, the 2 off sides and 3 holding.

EDIT: Almost forgot my nominations...

GB: D and ST units. Much needed boost today...even if it damage was done against rookie QB and Eagles struggling ST unit.

JS: Claiborne. Rookie, had a rookie day

EDIT #2

An honorable mention GB goes to Mo as well....

via Twitter -
Quote:

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon
Mo Claiborne stood up in the locker room and promised his teammates he'd never play that poorly again.

Way to take acocoutantibilty for your play and take a stance on it kid. You've learned in 3.5 mo, something many on this team have yet to discover after 5-7 yrs.

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club

Last edited by WizardHawk on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

iirc, MO had 5, the 2 off sides and 3 holding.

It was like Claiborne was trying to catch Free for the team league in penalties in one game.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
bwareovdware94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Ball: Romo, Carter, Carr

Jock Strap: Hatcher, Free

50 feet of crap

Morris Claiborne

19 targets, 8 receptions, 81 yards, 5 drops, 0 tds.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

I haven't seen a quarterback that inaccurate since Tim Tebow.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Then you haven't watched many QBs. Foles looked like a rookie who was thrust into action before he was ready. Nothing more. Given the situation and the circumstances, he didn't play that poorly. Could many of his throws have been picked off? Absolutely. But, people like me say the same thing about Romo nearly every week only to be told that his play wasn't bad.

Pick your poison, I guess. Foles looked like the kind of player he is: a young, inexperienced rookie who is adapting to the speed and style of the professional game after spending his college career playing in a spread offense. It's very unreasonable to expect a rookie to come in under those circumstances and set the world on fire.

Northland wrote:
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Then you haven't watched many QBs. Foles looked like a rookie who was thrust into action before he was ready. Nothing more. Given the situation and the circumstances, he didn't play that poorly. Could many of his throws have been picked off? Absolutely. But, people like me say the same thing about Romo nearly every week only to be told that his play wasn't bad.

Pick your poison, I guess. Foles looked like the kind of player he is: a young, inexperienced rookie who is adapting to the speed and style of the professional game after spending his college career playing in a spread offense. It's very unreasonable to expect a rookie to come in under those circumstances and set the world on fire.

Not really. Go back and watch the throws. They were wildly inaccurate. Even Eli has been more accurate than that the last three weeks. There's a difference between making rookie mistakes such as bad decisions and making inaccurate throws. Inaccurate throws are inaccurate throws.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Not really. Go back and watch the throws. They were wildly inaccurate. Even Eli has been more accurate than that the last three weeks. There's a difference between making rookie mistakes such as bad decisions and making inaccurate throws. Inaccurate throws are inaccurate throws.

You don't know much about football, do you? Rookies make mistakes. They make inaccurate throws. They make bad decisions. And many of those bad decisions lead to inaccurate throws. Why? Because they're learning a brand new system and are adjusting to the speed of the game. I don't need to go back and watch the throws. You're making it seem as if Foles is some seasoned veteran who suffers from similar mental lapses as Tony Romo does. Today was the first time Foles took a snap in a regular season game, so how does that make him comparable to Eli Manning or Tim Tebow? It's not as if he was expected to play. Vick got hurt and he was thrown to the wolves before he was ready. That happens.

Oh, and in case you forgot or never watched them play, if you want to see two QBs make a ton of inaccurate throws and make some terrible decisions, just throw on a tape of Troy Aikman's rookie season in 1989 or Peyton Manning's rookie season in 1998. They both stunk.

Northland wrote:
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

You don't know much about football, do you? Rookies make mistakes. They make inaccurate throws. They make bad decisions. And many of those bad decisions lead to inaccurate throws. Why? Because they're learning a brand new system and are adjusting to the speed of the game. I don't need to go back and watch the throws. You're making it seem as if Foles is some seasoned veteran who suffers from similar mental lapses as Tony Romo does. Today was the first time Foles took a snap in a regular season game, so how does that make him comparable to Eli Manning or Tim Tebow? It's not as if he was expected to play. Vick got hurt and he was thrown to the wolves before he was ready. That happens.

Oh, and in case you forgot or never watched them play, if you want to see two QBs make a ton of inaccurate throws and make some terrible decisions, just throw on a tape of Troy Aikman's rookie season in 1989 or Peyton Manning's rookie season in 1998. They both stunk.

I'm willing to bet more of their interceptions were from bad decisions, confusion, and risk taking... I also don't understand what those players have to do with him making really inaccurate throws.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: