Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas @ Eagles post game thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2926
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
If not for our ST, a lucky bounce for an INT and a late sack/Fumble/TD, Mo's performance could have cost us the game last night.


If not for our ishy secondary last year, the Giants would have been sitting at home instead of winning the Lombardi.



Yeah.... Miles Austin not driving to the ball on that 3rd down in the 4th quarter had nothing to do with that loss. Nothing at all. And the only reason the ball was thrown so far out was becasue the PRESSURE was in Romo's face due to an inept O line!

And as for the defense, no pressure on Eli = Loss for us. Even with a good secondary we still probably lose that one.



Manning Last year: 746 yards, 5tds and 1 int in two games.

Manning this year: 405 total yards, 1 td and 1 INT in two games.





..............



...........





That's all you got? 1 series between us and the NYG. How do you know that wasn't due to B. Carr? Your argument is ridiculous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24332
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Statistics are now ridiculous but expecting a top 10 pick to walk on water because he cost two picks isnt?

How I feel.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2926
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

You see, that is exactly my point. If not for our ST, a lucky bounce for an INT and a late sack/Fumble/TD, Mo's performance could have cost us the game last night. Given the history of people's posts on this site in the past after a loss, I sincerely doubt everyone would be as forgiving today.


Laughing

If it weren't for for the uniforms, the location, the completely different roster and staff, the Cowboys would be the Eagles.

If it weren't for the bed, the engine, and the size, my truck would be a car.

If Romo would have thrown 5 ints, feilx would have fumbled, and and Dez would have slapped a ref they would have cost us the game.

So I guess we agree Dave. If things would have been different, then things would have been different. Very rational of you sir.



There you go again, taking ONLY what you want people to see to give your point some credibility. I'm too damn tired to go searching for the part I wrote immedietly after that describing what a "team" actually is. The point is the kid stunk it up big time for us last night in a lot of ways. If I'm an opposing team's OC I'm targeting him all day long. We will see how he stands up to it and weather or not he was worth 25% of our draft. Just not a fan of trading picks for players.

Oh, btw, IF the queen had stones she'd be the king. Try that one on for size. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2926
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:


Statistics are now ridiculous but expecting a top 10 pick to walk on water because he cost two picks isnt?

How I feel.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........... Boo hoo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2926
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:


Statistics are now ridiculous but expecting a top 10 pick to walk on water because he cost two picks isnt?

How I feel.



What are they your boyfriends?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27627
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:


Statistics are now ridiculous but expecting a top 10 pick to walk on water because he cost two picks isnt?

How I feel.



What are they your boyfriends?


Rtnldave, those kind of comments aren't needed.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24332
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:


Statistics are now ridiculous but expecting a top 10 pick to walk on water because he cost two picks isnt?

How I feel.



What are they your boyfriends?


Touched a nerve, I see.

You have made outlandish statements. You have criticized those with different opinions than your own. And now you have broken the forum rules by trying to attack me.

Relax. Think before you post.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2926
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:


Statistics are now ridiculous but expecting a top 10 pick to walk on water because he cost two picks isnt?

How I feel.



What are they your boyfriends?


Touched a nerve, I see.

You have made outlandish statements. You have criticized those with different opinions than your own. And now you have broken the forum rules by trying to attack me.

Relax. Think before you post.



To my understanding this is a forum dedicated to discussing and debating football. Not posting every piece of internet garbage to berate other people posting on this site.

I made statements about football and my opinion of players and the manner in which they were drafted.

If you find that outlandish, that is your prerogative. I'm touched by your sensabilities, honestly. But my remarks were centered around football related topics.

Your images were a direct attack on me. They had nothing to do with football. So who attacked who first? And I have read the rules. I notice there has been a lot of questionable imageing in regards to the rules.

If you don't want people to miss interpret your images, don't use them. Say what you mean and leave it at that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24332
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:

To my understanding this is a forum dedicated to discussing and debating football. Not posting every piece of internet garbage to berate other people posting on this site.

I made statements about football and my opinion of players and the manner in which they were drafted.

If you find that outlandish, that is your prerogative. I'm touched by your sensabilities, honestly. But my remarks were centered around football related topics.

Your images were a direct attack on me. They had nothing to do with football. So who attacked who first? And I have read the rules. I notice there has been a lot of questionable imageing in regards to the rules.

If you don't want people to miss interpret your images, don't use them. Say what you mean and leave it at that.


Well. For what it's worth, I wasn't insulted. Because even if they were - that would not bother me. Nor do I particularly care. I just expect better out of our members. We disagree. Cool. Would it have been better if I used this? Laughing

You are refusing to have a rational debate with people. And that's fine. But you can't expect to tell someone their logic is faulty when you are clearly ascribing to the same.

So. Again. Relax. If you feel someone has attacked you - don't attack them. PM a mod. Let them deal with it. Breaking the rules because someone else did it first doesn't get you very far.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2926
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

To my understanding this is a forum dedicated to discussing and debating football. Not posting every piece of internet garbage to berate other people posting on this site.

I made statements about football and my opinion of players and the manner in which they were drafted.

If you find that outlandish, that is your prerogative. I'm touched by your sensabilities, honestly. But my remarks were centered around football related topics.

Your images were a direct attack on me. They had nothing to do with football. So who attacked who first? And I have read the rules. I notice there has been a lot of questionable imageing in regards to the rules.

If you don't want people to miss interpret your images, don't use them. Say what you mean and leave it at that.


Well. For what it's worth, I wasn't insulted. Because even if they were - that would not bother me. Nor do I particularly care. I just expect better out of our members. We disagree. Cool. Would it have been better if I used this? Laughing

You are refusing to have a rational debate with people. And that's fine. But you can't expect to tell someone their logic is faulty when you are clearly ascribing to the same.

So. Again. Relax. If you feel someone has attacked you - don't attack them. PM a mod. Let them deal with it. Breaking the rules because someone else did it first doesn't get you very far.


Ok, I'm relaxed. But at what point did I refuse to have a rationale debate with anyone?
Again, I posted my opinion. I agree it is a bit over the top, but it IS how I feel. I debated all of my points with facts or at least opinions based upon facts.

I saw things that I had written being taken out of context. I almost always try to write the pro and con of a situation. It seems people only took what they wanted to use to make their points. Granted, they did it ananomously, but the point is for every outlandish thing I posted, I posted a reason why or at least my thought process on it.

As for all these clips being posted. I believe they are ruining the forum. And it's a shame because I do enjoy posting here and reading what many of you have to say.

Lately, the forum is a collection of stupid clips or pictures, sometimes as many as 5 or 6 with a little caption at the bottom that has nothing to do with football.

I don't care about the picture you posted. It just bugs me that these clips are all I am seeing anymore.

My apologies for my remarks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 3937
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young players, regardless of their pedigree, are going to have bad games. It's a right of passage. And Claiborne had a monumentally bad game with multiple self imposed penalties and brain cramps. You know what else? He will get burned for some big passes, maybe even some TD's. It's life on the island that is CB in the NFL. Getting beaten or burned happens to the best of them. Sounds like he took ownership and apologized to his teammates. Good on him and issue over as far as I am concerned.

As far as debating whether we should have drafted Claiborne the debate will not end and both sides have merit. I get it that when you have a chance to land the player you have rated as the top defensive player on your board who will fill a huge need you do it. I also hear, and agree with the Sturm position: that when you have multiple glaring needs on your team (both lines, especially offensive line) can you really afford to give up the #45 pick to move up? In drafting Claiborne we bought a Mercedes. But now we can't afford to buy groceries or pay the rent. Both arguments are valid. The challenge for the Cowboys is that they will now be in scramble mode to upgrade the O Line. And our skill position people, minus Dez and Murray, aren't getting any younger.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2926
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
Young players, regardless of their pedigree, are going to have bad games. It's a right of passage. And Claiborne had a monumentally bad game with multiple self imposed penalties and brain cramps. You know what else? He will get burned for some big passes, maybe even some TD's. It's life on the island that is CB in the NFL. Getting beaten or burned happens to the best of them. Sounds like he took ownership and apologized to his teammates. Good on him and issue over as far as I am concerned.

As far as debating whether we should have drafted Claiborne the debate will not end and both sides have merit. I get it that when you have a chance to land the player you have rated as the top defensive player on your board who will fill a huge need you do it. I also hear, and agree with the Sturm position: that when you have multiple glaring needs on your team (both lines, especially offensive line) can you really afford to give up the #45 pick to move up? In drafting Claiborne we bought a Mercedes. But now we can't afford to buy groceries or pay the rent. Both arguments are valid. The challenge for the Cowboys is that they will now be in scramble mode to upgrade the O Line. And our skill position people, minus Dez and Murray, aren't getting any younger.



Very well put North.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37398
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO7 - if you are going to use a picture, use one more appropriate:





Laughing



No offense to RTN obviously. Its just a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2926
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
TO7 - if you are going to use a picture, use one more appropriate:





Laughing



No offense to RTN obviously. Its just a joke.


UGH, me and my big mouth! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
waremd


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 933
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
If not for our ST, a lucky bounce for an INT and a late sack/Fumble/TD, Mo's performance could have cost us the game last night.


If not for our ishy secondary last year, the Giants would have been sitting at home instead of winning the Lombardi.



Yeah.... Miles Austin not driving to the ball on that 3rd down in the 4th quarter had nothing to do with that loss. Nothing at all. And the only reason the ball was thrown so far out was becasue the PRESSURE was in Romo's face due to an inept O line!

And as for the defense, no pressure on Eli = Loss for us. Even with a good secondary we still probably lose that one.



Manning Last year: 746 yards, 5tds and 1 int in two games.

Manning this year: 405 total yards, 1 td and 1 INT in two games.





..............



...........





That's all you got? 1 series between us and the NYG. How do you know that wasn't due to B. Carr? Your argument is ridiculous.


Because the Giants have two elite receivers, which requires two CBs to shut them down. Claiborne was on Nicks 95% of the time and allowed less than 100 yards in two games to one of the best WRs in the league. Dallas was playing a half-press almost the entire game just asking Mo to shadow Nicks with safety help over the top and he did very good at letting almost nothing go, Eli looked his way a combined 9 times in two games.
_________________
Future Starting Safety for the Cowboys

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group