Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas @ Eagles post game thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
I usually watch the game and then go back and read the GDT. For some reason I have trouble doing both at the same time. I made it to page 25 of that trash before I had to exit out. There are about 5 of you that may actually be insane.

I haven't read it. What was said?

Also - slam, what do you mean cork soaker?

This game is fixed!
We are doomed!
We are down by 7, why even play the rest of the game!
Mo Clai is a bust!
We should have never wasted a 2nd round pick on Mo!
TNew is doing so much better in Cinci than Mo Clai! < actually said
Can't believe we wasted a 1st and 2nd on this trash!
Here is the start of our downward spiral!
Hatcher sucks!
Spencer sucks!
Brent Sucks!
Coleman Sucks!
Spears Sucks!
Can we please get someone to return punts next year!
Our season is over!
A 1st and a 2nd on someone he should be able to walk on water! < actually said
is that Austin hurt? I'm done with him!
Ratliff Sucks!
This game is over!
This game is set up!
It's rigged!

All of this largely when we we were down by 7 in the first quarter.....

And the we.... won the game.

I do think all we are doing is ruining our draft pick. 8-8.

Don't worry, bro. The draft is the one time of the year you want Jones to be your owner. Trading is how he made his millions. With the way they paid top ten picks before, it made it hard for him to move, but now with the rookie cap....I think we will see a lot of what we saw last draft. Jerry has always liked to move around, and now with the rookie cap he is going to get us at least one elite pick every draft. Bank on it.

Now who he decides to pick in the spot may be a different story.... But I wouldn't be surprised if we pick in the top 10 every year from here on out, despite our record.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a good feeling to beat Philly and when you do it in Philly.. Dancing
Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reaction when you guys got Vick

Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Mo finally hit the rookie wall...big surprise, it was bound to happen eventually.

Nice to see us finally get some life on special teams and to finally get a pick six (from Brandon Carr, no less).

Also...it sounds like pass rush was an issue again. I'm really starting to think going DL or LB in the 1st may not be such a bad idea and just pick up the best OL in round two.

^^^mack
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great WIN! Not only did this win get us back in to the race...it also ENDED the Eagles playoffs hope and ended Andy Reid/Michael Vick era. Andy Reid and his teams has consistently destroyed the Boys for many years. Now hopefully begins their rebuilding year.

On a negative note: OUR OLINE is the SUCK.
waremd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a positive outlook:

We were swept by both the Eagles and Giants last year leading to us missing the playoffs. This year we were 2 inches from being 3-0 in the division and in first place. Have beaten both Philly and the Giants in their stadium and we now have a formidable defense. If Garrett can sit down with Callahan and put good game plans together, there is no reason to think we can't go 7-1 the rest of the way. All I am saying is there are positives and I am very grateful for beating both Philly and the Giants this year.

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
I usually watch the game and then go back and read the GDT. For some reason I have trouble doing both at the same time. I made it to page 25 of that trash before I had to exit out. There are about 5 of you that may actually be insane.

This game is fixed!
We are doomed!
Mo Clai is a bust!
TNew is doing so much better in Cinci than Mo Clai! < actually said
Can't believe we wasted a 1st and 2nd on this trash!
Hatcher sucks!
Spencer sucks!
Brent Sucks!
Coleman Sucks!
Spears Sucks!
Our season is over!
Ratliff Sucks!
This game is over!
This game is set up!
It's rigged!

I do think all we are doing is ruining our draft pick. 8-8.

Don't worry, bro. The draft is the one time of the year you want Jones to be your owner. Trading is how he made his millions. With the way they paid top ten picks before, it made it hard for him to move, but now with the rookie cap....I think we will see a lot of what we saw last draft. Jerry has always liked to move around, and now with the rookie cap he is going to get us at least one elite pick every draft. Bank on it.

Now who he decides to pick in the spot may be a different story.... But I wouldn't be surprised if we pick in the top 10 every year from here on out, despite our record.

Problem is we will need an OLB and G/C help. If we pick in the top 10, we have a legit shot at a premiere pass rusher, and can grab a top guard/center early in the 2nd.. If we are 8-8. It will cost us a mint to move up in the top 10. We were lucky Blackmon had been taken, so the Rams were looking at 4 players, which they felt they could get one at #14. Doubt we get so lucky next year. Also, unless something wild happens, it doesn't look as if there will be any premiere guard free agents available.
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General. Would you be up to trading one of the core players to get an additional 2nd? I'm thinking Witten and/or Austin. We could in FA get Fred Davis and Mike Wallace. It depends on the Salary Cap which confuses me to no end. However, if we have multiple picks for Austin and Witten. We can grab the OL and DL or OLB via additional picks.
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
General. Would you be up to trading one of the core players to get an additional 2nd? I'm thinking Witten and/or Austin. We could in FA get Fred Davis and Mike Wallace. It depends on the Salary Cap which confuses me to no end. However, if we have multiple picks for Austin and Witten. We can grab the OL and DL or OLB via additional picks.

I don't think there are ANY teams willing to give a 2nd round pick for a 30 year old TE even if he is a HOFer... You might get lucky with Austin but not Witten. Personally I keep both and sign a FA or hope you get a good OL in the draft.
cromagnum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched some of this game as i was at a Christening..From what i saw Dallas beat a team that is a bigger mess then they are..Still saw alot of the same mistakes that i always see with Dallas..Maybe they get hot and get on a little win streak but in the end i see 8-8..
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

This game is fixed!We are doomed!
Mo Clai is a bust!
TNew is doing so much better in Cinci than Mo Clai! < actually saidCan't believe we wasted a 1st and 2nd on this trash!
Hatcher sucks!
Spencer sucks!
Brent Sucks!
Coleman Sucks!
Spears Sucks!
Our season is over!
Ratliff Sucks!
This game is over!
This game is set up!
It's rigged!

All bold print was written by me, RTNLDAVE. If you are going to have the stupidity to take bits and pieces of written material and use it to try to validate your points, at least have the common sense and decency to include the context in which it was written.

I also seem to remember writing something to the effect of: "I'm not sure if I am calling this a fix because I am trying to protect my ego as a Cowboys fan and not endure the pain of them losing to such a terrible team OR if I am trying to protect my intelligence as an educated man and say this can't be for real, no team is this stupid."

Yeah, didn't see you post that you jackarse!

Also, if I said we should trade Romo or Jenkins for a 1st AND 2nd round pick you would all scoff and laugh me off the site. You would say something to the affect of: "OhMy GOD! Are you crazy???!!! No way he is worth all THAT!"

Now think about this, we are talking about accomplished NFL players at 2 of the most coveted positionsin the NFL. And you would all say NO WAY we get that, I am dreaming. and you know what? I would agree with you.

So.....why in the he!! would we give up a 2nd round pick to move up so many spaces to take an unproven player at a position we just shoveled out 50 million dollars for in FA??? Think about that.

We need Oline help like never before. And ask yourself, is Claiborne having that big of a year?

Ok, he's a rookie I get it. So as a rookie he has 1 pick and almost single handedly cost us the game last night against a team so pathetic they quit on their coach, their fans on their own field. If your not from Philly I can guarantee you that is blasphamey of the highest caliber around here.

So yes, if we are going to use 25% of our draft on 1 player at a position we already fullfilled in FA, then HE BETTER DAMN WELL BE ABLE TO WALK ON WATER! There I said it again, you shocked?

Oh and ah, BTW Newman IS having a much better year than Claiborne. OMG, The HORROR!!!!!!!!! Shocked
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Ok, he's a rookie I get it. So as a rookie he has 1 pick and almost single handedly cost us the game last night against a team so pathetic they quit on their coach, their fans on their own field. If your not from Philly I can guarantee you that is blasphamey of the highest caliber around here.

So yes, if we are going to use 25% of our draft on 1 player at a position we already fullfilled in FA, then HE BETTER DAMN WELL BE ABLE TO WALK ON WATER! There I said it again, you shocked?

Dave...here's the thing. Morris started off slow earlier in the year, then started to show progression. Last week and tonight showed that maybe he's starting to hit that "rookie wall".

The thing is, he's shown he has the potential to be a damn good corner. He has a great attitude and plays with cockiness and fire. He owned up to his mistakes and apologized to his teammates and said he would never have a game that bad again, that shows maturity and a desire to get better.

People want to gripe we used a 1st round pick on Claiborne after signing Carr. With Jenkins injury issues popping up once again and Scandrick being strictly a nickel corner...do you see why they did so?

^^^mack
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

Dave...here's the thing. Morris started off slow earlier in the year, then started to show progression. Last week and tonight showed that maybe he's starting to hit that "rookie wall".

The thing is, he's shown he has the potential to be a damn good corner. He has a great attitude and plays with cockiness and fire. He owned up to his mistakes and apologized to his teammates and said he would never have a game that bad again, that shows maturity and a desire to get better.

People want to gripe we used a 1st round pick on Claiborne after signing Carr. With Jenkins injury issues popping up once again and Scandrick being strictly a nickel corner...do you see why they did so?

I get that and I appreciate the time you took to explain it to me. But be accurate in your description. We used a 1st AND 2nd round pick on a position we just covered in FA knowing full well our O line was swiss cheese. We signed 2 cast-offs in FA and you see how that is working. We are not even using the players we had last year to give them a chance to develop: Arkin, Kowalski, (ok Costa is hurt). Also our NT position is laughable.

Now, since ONLY selected parts of my posts were presented to make me look, how was it put, INSANE, I seem to remember posting something like this as well:

"Other teams watched Mo's perfromance tonight and guess who they will be targeting in the upcoming games....? We will soon find out if Mo was worth the compensation we gave up for him..... If he does his homework and knows his assignments we will know I am wrong."

So, I am not totally giving up on the guy, I'm just saying I think the price was too high and Jerry drafts for hype and not brains. Mo now has a target on his back. If he has ANY brains he will make damn sure he uses that to his advantage ie: study film and tendecies of the QB/WR combos he willbe facing. Look for tells, things that tip off which direction the play is going, jump routes and get some INT's, etc. You see a top flight pick like that can make those sort of adjustments. If he is ONLY hype, you will see more of last night's performance. As I stated earlier, time will tell.

And make no mistake, I don't mind being called out, I don't mind being challenged or flat out contradicted. Just do it in a way that includes EVERYTHING I posted, not just the stuff that validates your points. Thank You.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave - we weren't sure what we had with Mike Jenkins or if he'd even be healthy enough to return. Behind him we had Scandrick who is purely a slot CB with no potential to play outside. So even after signing Carr our ONLY CB's left were a busted shoulder who had 1 good year to his name and a slot CB.

Even with Carr signed, CB was still a huge need

Sig courtesy of mack.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Dave - we weren't sure what we had with Mike Jenkins or if he'd even be healthy enough to return. Behind him we had Scandrick who is purely a slot CB with no potential to play outside. So even after signing Carr our ONLY CB's left were a busted shoulder who had 1 good year to his name and a slot CB.

Even with Carr signed, CB was still a huge need

Agreed, but keeping Romo upright and opening holes for our RB's is bigger, in my opinion. What good is it having a solid secondary if your offense cannot protect your QB? Just my opinion. P.S. I still think we gave up way too much for the guy, that's all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: