Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas @ Eagles post game thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here I am. And to quote Mr. Fox from Pulp Fiction" "Before all start Suc....." well, you all saw the movie.

This is what I take away from this. We won in spite of ourselves. Period. Nothing to gloat about here. We faced a 3rd round rookie QB, that just happened to burn us for a 50 yard TD, and took them down to score to make it a 1 score game. Our defense dropped more INT's than it made and should have had more than that, thanks to the continuing penalty party we are having.

Now, there is some reason to celebrate. The NYG lost today and have the Packers next week. They also have a very trying schedule the rest of the way. We have 5 out of 7 at home. We will be getting Murray back, some day, and we have a better divisional record than the NYG.

Case in point, and I can't believe the words are coming out of me mouth, we have a legetimate shot at the playoffs. To what point and purpose? I have no idea. this team makes wayyyyyyyyy to many mistakes to even consider competing at that level in the "tournament" to quote the Tuna.

But I didn't see anything except a rejuvinated Felix Jones, yeah...he looked good, and the continuing emergence of Carter.

Claiborne better have 3 picks in the next 3 games after this performance. And I will tell you all something else, upcoming teams are going to watch this footage and guess who they are going to go after???? (Hint: he was drafted in the the 1st round last year costing us 2 picks, a 1st and 2nd.) That's right, Mo Claiborne.

You see, this is when you will find out if he was worth the picks. Knowing other teams are going to target him now, he should know his assignments and step it up and make some plays. Time will tell.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...what did I miss?

^^^mack
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Tha King wrote:
Seriously,the people who offer negativity only don't show up after the wins.

yup... slam is the only one of the delta bravo group man enough to post after a win.

Just like you are the only one of the cork soaker group to post after a Dallas loss. Interesting.

I am as negative (I prefer grounded) as anyone and I am here rain or shine.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Tha King wrote:
Seriously,the people who offer negativity only don't show up after the wins.

yup... slam is the only one of the delta bravo group man enough to post after a win.

Just like you are the only one of the cork soaker group to post after a Dallas loss. Interesting.

I am as negative (I prefer grounded) as anyone and I am here rain or shine.

Apparently being grounded is frowned upon in this establishment.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
dahobofest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just celebrate while it lasts?
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:

Celebrate and enjoy the win over a hated rival, on the road no less. Just don't get too ahead of ourselves. This team is schizophrenic and we have no idea what type of performance we are going to get week to week. All the more reason to enjoy the wins I guess. Any time you can get a special teams and defensive TD good things should happen. It was nice to see the ball bounce our way on Carr's TD for a change.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:

You know what we need? That's right! We need some party boy...

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
DEZ88PLAYMAKER2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like a classic Cowboy build up for failure but it really is still possible, especially this year with no team really looking dominant. That said going on a run with this oline would be one of the greatest accomplishments in NFL HISTORY! Doubt it but I'm hopeful....

Thanks for the sig mike23md
dahobofest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is Costa supposed to return.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:

Part of the problem with celebrating wins is what happens the following week: the inevitable letdown loss. Have you already forgotten what happened in Week 2 when we spent more time celebrating than we took preparing ourselves mentally for our next opponent and working to correct the mistakes made in Week 1?

Being happy with the win is perfectly fine with me. I'll never be unhappy with a win against the Eagles. But, keep things in perspective: it's 1 of 16 games. We need to spend more time working to improve the mistakes we made in this game rather than reveling in the win. Because if we don't work to correct the mistakes, we will repeat them, as we've seen week after week, year after year. A team should always work to improve after a loss, but it should work even harder to improve after a win.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Last edited by plan9misfit on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Part of the problem with celebrating wins is what happens the following week: the inevitable letdown loss. Have you already forgotten what happened in Week 2 when we spent more time celebrating than we took preparing ourselves mentally for our next opponent and working to correct the mistakes made in Week 1?

Being happy with the win is perfectly fine with me. I'll never be unhappy with a win against the Eagles. But, keep things in perspective: it's 1 of 16 games. We need to spend more time working to improve the mistakes we made in this game rather than reveling in the win. Because if we don't work to correct the mistakes, we will repeat them. As we've seen week after week, year after year. A team should always work to improve after a loss, but it should work even harder to improve after a win.

NEWSFLASH: WE DON'T PLAY THE GAME. WE JUST WATCH.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Being happy with the win is perfectly fine with me. I'll never be unhappy with a win against the Eagles. But, keep things in perspective: it's 1 of 16 games. We need to spend more time working to improve the mistakes we made in this game rather than reveling in the win. Because if we don't work to correct the mistakes, we will repeat them. As we've seen week after week, year after year. A team should always work to improve after a loss, but it should work even harder to improve after a win.

But players behave exactly the same way. So, yelling "NEWSFLASH!!!!!111!!1!!1one!!11!!" means nothing.

Northland wrote:
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

But players behave exactly the same way. So, yelling "NEWSFLASH!!!!!111!!1!!1one!!11!!" means nothing.

So what does us celebrating have anything to do with the players?
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakin Fantastic win today. On the road against a division rival who we tend to suck against. I don't care if they had given up on the season, no one here can tell me they didn't give it their all to beat the Dallas Cowboys. Awesome, awesome win.

Best part: Zero turnovers

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

So what does us celebrating have anything to do with the players?

Oh, I dunno...because they celebrate, too? Did you not read Jerry's comments after Week 1 when he told the team to take MORE time to celebrate the win over the Giants? How'd that work out for us?

Northland wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: