Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 post game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
I love Andy Reid. I respect the hell out of the man. He did things for this city, for this team, for this fanbase, that should and will never be forgotten. He reinvigorated a stagnant franchise, he turned an afterthought into a powerhouse, he consistently put together teams that you knew would be competitive, that you knew would challenge for the big one, that had heart and soul and became the heart and soul of our great city. He coached up many many hall of very good, and a few hall of fame, players and his accomplishments as a coach of the Philadelphia Eagles may never be matched. And to top it off, he went through something that must've been incredibly painful this year, and did his best to remain the rock for this team, for his locker room, for these players. He cares about this team, and he loves this city. I'm sure in hindsight most of the hateful rhetoric being posted about him here will seem silly to those posting it. He may have never won the big one, but he made this franchise legitimate again.

The problem is the past tense in most of those statements. He's no longer an innovative mind in the game, he no longer has a talented coaching staff at his disposal, he no longer has the pillars that he coached up playing on this roster. The team is a shell of his early Eagles, if that. He got too comfortable, his job was too secure. The game has passed him by, his coaches have been plucked out one by one and promoted over the years. He can be arrogant and he's loyal to a fault. He wouldn't relieve "his guys" of their duties until it was too late and didn't matter. His style of offense is antiquated and has no place in this new-look NFL. He lost his defensive guru and had no clue how to replace him. He was never the best judge of talent coming out of the draft, and that's hurt him more and more as he gained more and more power in the drafting process. As someone, I think Phire, pointed out, Vick sprung out of nowhere in 2010 and turned a rebuilding team into a win-now team. Problem was Andy didn't have the roster for it, and couldn't build the roster for it. And in trying to build that roster, the fanbase and the media placed unreasonably lofty expectation on his shoulders and on the shoulders of the empire he had built, was trying to rebuild. He was set up for failure, all the while inadvertently setting himself up for failure.

So he needs to go. He needs a change of scenery, some time off, to do something else altogether. I don't know. He just needs to be gone, and I'll probably get a bit caught up in reiterating that these next few weeks. He's not the coach he was, he's not the coach he's sometimes made out to be. It's frustrating to watch. But that doesn't mean he's not one of the best coaches, maybe the singular best coach, the Eagles have ever had. I'll go back to feeling nothing but good thoughts about the man and his time here the day after he's fired. But for now, for the next two months, I want him gone. This city needs a change, and so does he.

I wish him well.

This is the most eloquent, smartest post that we could possibly see at this point and is a realistic, reasonable, and rational summation of Andy's past, present, and future with this team.

Great post.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
IMO, you're not bringing Chip Kelly to run his read option offense.

You bring him in for his head coaching skills - motivation, innovation, going for it on 4th downs.

I would see him hiring experienced coaches and morphing his offense into a more pro style - similar to what the Pats have done this year.

First off you'll need to throw a boat load of money at him coaches aren't paid for motivation these are professionals they don't need motivation.

And you can't re-invent the wheel so he's not innovating anything. He may have a different perspective on offense but historically his defenses are not NFL worthy.

Periodically running a fast break Off leaves too many questions IMO...Besides QB, Defense? I read he runs a great practice but besides offense how does that translate to the field? To me it just means he's highly organized.

Give me a coach who's system has been tried and worked in the NFL over a college guy.

Eh?

Head Coaches are paid to motivate players. I'd much prefer to have a head coach who can motivate players than one who is a genius playcaller - we've seen many brilliant playcallers be awful as a head coach.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
I just got home and saw the highlights....what was being said about dez bryant's diving td "catch." As I understand the rules, that is not a catch in the NFL...he did not maintain control of the ball after it hit the ground, especially when it rolled out of his hands and touched the ground at the end.

To say I was SHOCKED when that call stood is an under statement but what you may not have seen in the highlights was the pass interference call. So, if the call had been overturned, the Cowboys get the ball at the 1, first and goal. That PI made the replay slightly less controversial, it was either a TD or first and goal from the 1.

It wasn't a PI though, he hardly touched Dez. I'm not even sure he did Laughing

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice post LOLKK, agree completely.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
mco65 wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
I just got home and saw the highlights....what was being said about dez bryant's diving td "catch." As I understand the rules, that is not a catch in the NFL...he did not maintain control of the ball after it hit the ground, especially when it rolled out of his hands and touched the ground at the end.

To say I was SHOCKED when that call stood is an under statement but what you may not have seen in the highlights was the pass interference call. So, if the call had been overturned, the Cowboys get the ball at the 1, first and goal. That PI made the replay slightly less controversial, it was either a TD or first and goal from the 1.

It wasn't a PI though, he hardly touched Dez. I'm not even sure he did Laughing

There was no interference at all.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What pisses me off more is people say Dez burned DRC on that play.. not only was there absolutely no PI on the play, but DRC was right there with him... like wtf. And again, that call was terrible, the ball clearly rolled, he didn't have possession the whole way through... just horrible all around by the refs there.
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
What pisses me off more is people say Dez burned DRC on that play.. not only was there absolutely no PI on the play, but DRC was right there with him... like wtf. And again, that call was terrible, the ball clearly rolled, he didn't have possession the whole way through... just horrible all around by the refs there.

For real, DRC was nowhere close to being burned Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PI was NOT OBVIOUS.. in fact I don't remember the refs actually calling the PI but the announcers mentioned it and I did see the flag which I thought might have been for holding by DRC.

The Cowboys definitely caught a break there, first one all year.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
The PI was NOT OBVIOUS.. in fact I don't remember the refs actually calling the PI but the announcers mentioned it and I did see the flag which I thought might have been for holding by DRC.

The Cowboys definitely caught a break there, first one all year.

Now do something with it and steal the division from the VaGiants.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Quote:
The Eagles are 3-0 when LeSean McCoy gets 20 carries or more and 0-6 when he doesn't.
Coach Andy Reid can't blame game flow. In three of the six losses, the Eagles were either tied or leading in the fourth quarter. All three of their wins have come in come-from-behind fashion. It's just another case of Reid and OC Marty Mornhinweg abandoning the run game for no good reason. We'd like to think McCoy will see a boost in carries if Nick Foles starts in Week 11, but the Eagles' play-calling rarely makes sense.

Per rotoworld, what we've been saying for the last decade.

Didn't Troy/Joe say something last night about the Eagles averaging 29 rushing attempts per game this season, the most in nearly Andy's tenure? Or did I mis-hear the stat?

Sig courtesy of mack.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Didn't Troy/Joe say something last night about the Eagles averaging 29 rushing attempts per game this season, the most in nearly Andy's tenure? Or did I mis-hear the stat?

You did hear that. But I'm surprised that a smart, veteran poster like yourself failed to realize that Vick accounts for 7 or 8 of those rushes per game, mostly on plays that were designed to be passes but Vick ended up taking off on. So it's not the same 29 carries per game that a pocket passing QB lead team would generate.
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are running the ball more.

We just don't have the line to run anymore.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

We don't have the line to do most things.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:

We don't have the line to do anything.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:

False starts and illegal hands to the face?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: