Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How should we draft?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: How should we draft? Reply with quote

With an eye on the up coming draft and the Jets most likely to finish at 8-8 or worse and having needs at almost every position, How should we draft. First lets look at the needs. Beginning the season and as a carry over from last season every Jet Fan was crying out for OL help. This year is no different, the Jets have to make wholesale changes to the OL. Do you pay a Slaughson 500k or invest in a first round player for 3 million for 4-5 years? I go with the first rounder. Next up can we afford to carry Ducasse who can't beat out Slaughson? Than there is 33 year old Moore. It's apparent the Jets need 2 OL. The Jets need some bonified offensive playmakers another TE,WR. It's not so far fetched to say that as bad as the defense has been the offense has been worse. Defensively the LB crew is old and the Jets are dying for a legitimate pass rush. There are so any areas of need one draft will not suffice in getting us back on track as a contender. IMHO offense is the way to go, but the board usually dictates the first round. Okay your up, where do we go from here?
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Slauson.

I'd prefer if we went O-Line(guard) in the 1st Round. Whether we take Chance Warmack with our first pick, or trade back into the 18-26 range and take Jonathan Cooper while gathering more picks.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Mattmanz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coples and wilk are both improving so I would rather have a DE in the first round, Damontre Moore would be my first choice but I like Dion Jordan as well. Then in the second round take either an offensive guard or a wide receiver, slausson hasn't been that bad and Howard is alright as well for now. The jets O line is ranked 5 th in the league right now overall Sanchez just makes it look worse because when he gets pressure he freezes in the pocket ad makes poor decisions. Just my opinion
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our OL needs work, but i dont think its the TOP proirity. I also think that drafting a gaurd in the early first would be a reach. IF we traded back (i hope we do) then I am all for a gaurd. I agree with you where two OL would be ideal.
However, I think first round we need to revamp our LB core. Depending on the board a OLB would be ideal.

I really hope Tanny gets the axe because i cant handle anymore of him.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talent, talent, and more talent.

This team just needs help. It won't all be accomplished in this one offseason, but the Jets need to make headway into the talent deficiency that has come over the team. I don't particularly care what position the Jets draft, outside of CB really, so long as he's talented. Take the best player there. If that's a Guard, so be it, if that's an OLB, great, if its Manti Te'o, do it. Just start accumulating good football players.

That all may sound like a given, but what I'm basically saying is I don't care how much of a need OLB is, if a top-5 or top-10 guy is sitting around when we pick, grab him. This team needs too much help to be picky about where it comes.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Talent, talent, and more talent.

This team just needs help. It won't all be accomplished in this one offseason, but the Jets need to make headway into the talent deficiency that has come over the team. I don't particularly care what position the Jets draft, outside of CB really, so long as he's talented. Take the best player there. If that's a Guard, so be it, if that's an OLB, great, if its Manti Te'o, do it. Just start accumulating good football players.

That all may sound like a given, but what I'm basically saying is I don't care how much of a need OLB is, if a top-5 or top-10 guy is sitting around when we pick, grab him. This team needs too much help to be picky about where it comes.
While I agree. I don't know how we can pass up on an O-Lineman like Warmack. Not sure if you consider O-Line "talent".

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack improves all running backs so you do it if he's the best available. Would be nice if we could stock up on offense like Warmack then Gio then a WR.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets draft an offensive weapon! Lets look at our offensive rankings:

Passing Yards: 28th
Rushing Yards: 12th
Receiving Yards: 27th

Lets get a playmaker QB/WR/RB and start putting up points again

Gmen4ev wrote:

No man should be able to consume the amount of alcohol you do ... therefor you must be an alien
green24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyLikeAJet wrote:
Lets draft an offensive weapon! Lets look at our offensive rankings:

Passing Yards: 28th
Rushing Yards: 12th
Receiving Yards: 27th

Lets get a playmaker QB/WR/RB and start putting up points again

That makes no sense... Laughing
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Warmack improves all running backs so you do it if he's the best available. Would be nice if we could stock up on offense like Warmack then Gio then a WR.
Not sure if Gio makes it to our 2nd round pick. But I'd sure as hell love that. My dream...

1st: Chance Warmack
2nd: Giovani Bernard
3rd: Markus Wheaton

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Not sure if Gio makes it to our 2nd round pick. But I'd sure as hell love that. My dream...

I think even Sanchez could look good with that. Or go 2nd Patterson 3rd Randle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I think even Sanchez could look good with that. Or go 2nd Patterson 3rd Randle
Agreed. I might even like C-Patt & Randle better because C-Patt is a huge YAC kind of player. Exactly the type of player we need on offense. We have our burner in Hill. We have our 3rd down target in Kerley. Patterson would be huge for this offense.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.

But I still have a problem with not addressing OLB.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming we don't trade down and get extra picks, this is my ideal draft for the first several rounds.

1) Barkevious Mingo
2) Jonathan Cooper
3) Mike Gillislee
4) Brandon Jenkins
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
Assuming we don't trade down and get extra picks, this is my ideal draft for the first several rounds.

1) Barkevious Mingo - No way do I want Keke in the 1st. High bust potential and hasn't even put up good numbers this year.
2) Jonathan Cooper - He's not making it into the 2nd Round, he'll be a mid-1st Round Pick
3) Mike Gillislee - I'll take a pass on a injury prone scat back.
4) Brandon Jenkins - Another injury prone player that isn't even the 2nd best DE on his own team.

^^

Jamison.'s Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: