Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's time to go QB shopping - GenoSmith,Murry,Wilson,Klein?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
the quarterbacks in this years draft are pretty bad. Those of you wanted manuel or geno.... i dont have a clue where your head is at.

Would you like to offer a little more insight? These are two prospects that have tools to succeed in the NFL, and one of them is right in the thick of the #1 overall pick talk.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
the quarterbacks in this years draft are pretty bad. Those of you wanted manuel or geno.... i dont have a clue where your head is at.

Would you like to offer a little more insight? These are two prospects that have tools to succeed in the NFL, and one of them is right in the thick of the #1 overall pick talk.

I don't see how anyone could hate Geno, he's got the tools to succeed. Honestly, KC is probably going to end up with him because of their record.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
skrILL wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

I don't see how anyone could hate Geno, he's got the tools to succeed. Honestly, KC is probably going to end up with him because of their record.

He doesn't have a huge arm. Its adequate but its not special. His delivery is terrible. Its slow and its a looping motion. He also comes from a spred offense. His stats are padded. He wont be able to have anywhere near that kind of success in the NFL. I think hes a less athletic Vince Young, with probably a slightly better football IQ (for the simple fact that VY was borderline retarded). Geno is the most overrated prospect in the country IMHO. I think taking him in the top 5 is a big mistake.

However this is an extremely tough QB class to analyze. Theres not one guy thats a clear cut stud. Matt Barkley is not that guy, but hes a safer pick than Mark Sanchez was in 09. Barkley will be what many thought Sanchez's ceiling would be, a solid above average QB. Im not drafting a guy like that #1 overall, so whoever does, god bless them. I still think a guy like Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson or Landry Jones could be had in rounds 2-3 and could be successful for us. I want a day 2 QB and one of these guys.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
skrILL wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

He doesn't have a huge arm. Its adequate but its not special. His delivery is terrible. Its slow and its a looping motion. He also comes from a spred offense. His stats are padded. He wont be able to have anywhere near that kind of success in the NFL. I think hes a less athletic Vince Young, with probably a slightly better football IQ (for the simple fact that VY was borderline retarded). Geno is the most overrated prospect in the country IMHO. I think taking him in the top 5 is a big mistake.

However this is an extremely tough QB class to analyze. Theres not one guy thats a clear cut stud. Matt Barkley is not that guy, but hes a safer pick than Mark Sanchez was in 09. Barkley will be what many thought Sanchez's ceiling would be, a solid above average QB. Im not drafting a guy like that #1 overall, so whoever does, god bless them. I still think a guy like Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson or Landry Jones could be had in rounds 2-3 and could be successful for us. I want a day 2 QB and one of these guys.

Not trying to start an argument, because it is a rather simple topic, but...

Are you even watching WVU's games? His stats are padded because he has to play come from behind football in almost every game due to a High School level defense. If you haven't seen the games then think about the Broncos and Peyton or Brees and the Saints, it's very similar situation in WVU. Also his spread offense doesn't work since he works best out of the shotgun and different scheme. And he's made plenty of long throws so idk what your talking about with the arm. He's in the same area as Matt Barkley to me, but with a higher ceiling.

Anyways, Yeah I agree about Bray, Wilson, haven't seen enough of Jones to tell, but anyone is upgrade from Mark.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
skrILL wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

Not trying to start an argument, because it is a rather simple topic, but...

Are you even watching WVU's games? His stats are padded because he has to play come from behind football in almost every game due to a High School level defense. If you haven't seen the games then think about the Broncos and Peyton or Brees and the Saints, it's very similar situation in WVU. Also his spread offense doesn't work since he works best out of the shotgun and different scheme. And he's made plenty of long throws so idk what your talking about with the arm. He's in the same area as Matt Barkley to me, but with a higher ceiling.

Anyways, Yeah I agree about Bray, Wilson, haven't seen enough of Jones to tell, but anyone is upgrade from Mark.

Ive watched him play several times this year and come away thinking that I find it extremely hard to believe he'll be able to have even similar success at the next level. Cant play out of the gun on every play. A lot of the longer throws he makes are to wide open targets. Hes had an awesome season and deserves all the credit in the world, I just dont necessarily believe hes a good prospect, and I would want my team to stay away.

I want a cerebral QB, like chad was. A guy that understands the game very well and can change the play at the line if necessary.

swi7ch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Flynn > any of those the OP named in the title
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
Matt Flynn > any of those the OP named in the title

Based on WHAT? 3 professional games? You realize how ridiculous you sound? Nobody has any clue what Matt Flynn could be. He could be worse then Sanchez for all we know. Seattle was pretty stupid to throw him that kind of money and not start him.

Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
skrILL wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

I agree with this 100%. Bray and Jones are my two top choices. Not totally sold on Wilson yet but I see the hype. Geno reminds me of Russel Wilson. That might not be the best comparison cause I haven't seen much of Geno but body type, arm, and legs all seem similar and Wilson went in the 3rd, not #1.

Give me Bray or Jones in the 3rd and I'll be happy.

Props to Mack on the sig
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
skrILL wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

I agree with this 100%. Bray and Jones are my two top choices. Not totally sold on Wilson yet but I see the hype. Geno reminds me of Russel Wilson. That might not be the best comparison cause I haven't seen much of Geno but body type, arm, and legs all seem similar and Wilson went in the 3rd, not #1.

I dont feel like disecting quarterbacks right now but in all honesty geno reminds me of a vince young. Geno doesnt rush like Young could but shows similar pocket presence and ability to read defenses. My problem with him is that i just dont see him being able to convert into an nfl quarterback. The speed of the game is totally different. I for one am a Michigan state fan but i realize that the SEC is a whole different ball game. If you can be a successful solid 4 year quarterback in the SEC then i honestly think thats a more viable option. Tyler Wilson like i said has all the tools to be an nfl quarterback, but im just afraid that after this year he may be somewhat rattled. Hes been hit alot back there because his offensive line is horrendous.

Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray are going to be the two quarterbacks you want in this draft. We wont know for a long time but in my eyes Tyler Bray has the biggest upside to being an elite nfl quarterback. Id do whatever it takes to get him.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
skrILL wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

I dont feel like disecting quarterbacks right now but in all honesty geno reminds me of a vince young. Geno doesnt rush like Young could but shows similar pocket presence and ability to read defenses. My problem with him is that i just dont see him being able to convert into an nfl quarterback. The speed of the game is totally different. I for one am a Michigan state fan but i realize that the SEC is a whole different ball game. If you can be a successful solid 4 year quarterback in the SEC then i honestly think thats a more viable option. Tyler Wilson like i said has all the tools to be an nfl quarterback, but im just afraid that after this year he may be somewhat rattled. Hes been hit alot back there because his offensive line is horrendous.

Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray are going to be the two quarterbacks you want in this draft. We wont know for a long time but in my eyes Tyler Bray has the biggest upside to being an elite nfl quarterback. Id do whatever it takes to get him.

Thank you

BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Malik wrote:
Clearly we are going after Mike Vick.
This is exactly what I want.

This is exactly what I expect to happen if the Eagles don't beat the Redskins on Sunday and make a playoff run. ( With their schedule they could still make post-season with win over Redskins)

Now some people may not be excited about that, but consider the alternatives:

QBs in 2013 Draft
Matt Barkley
Geno Smith
==
Tyler Wilson
Tyler Bray
Landry Jones
EJ Manuel
Aaron Murray
Logan Thomas
Mike Glennon
Keith Price
Colin Klein
Tino Sunseri
Jordan Rodgers

None of those guys other than Geno Smith or Matt Barkley will be projected to be great at the next level. And neither will be within the Jets draft range

QBs in 2013 Free Agency
Tarvaris Jackson
Jason Campbell
Derek Anderson
Charlie Batch
Matt Leinart
David Carr
Matt Moore
Kellen Clemens
Bruce Gradkowski
Josh McCown
Luke McCown
Drew Stanton
Brady QUinn
Pat Devlin
Tyler Thigpen

Now I excluded Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco who are both technically free agents. But come on let's be honest those guys aren't going anywhere

Vick would clearly be the Jets best option and they would clearly be his best option

It would be a perfect fit too as they could establish that identity of ground and pound running game and play defense behind it. That actually suits Vick better than throwing the ball 40 times per game.
teamorange

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:

VY, problem was the fact that he was VY. He does work hard and he has a huge ego. He could've been alright, not a start but definitely work NFL talent.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 5:30 this morning two commentators on wfan were talking about the Jets QB situation. One said they should give McElroy a shot because he's going to be a starting Qb somewhere. It wasn't like he was questioning it but more like an absolute.

I don't necessarily agree but now more than ever I want to see him in a game. He did lead an sec team to a title. How bad can he be
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well depending on how Sanchez plays down the stretch his seat may be less heated this off-season

And he's kind of fortunate because I believe your upcoming schedule is very favorable
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more embarrassing games like this and the Vick to the Jets will make more and more sense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: