Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's time to go QB shopping - GenoSmith,Murry,Wilson,Klein?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sandwhich


Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Posts: 8345
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Not saying this will happen but just for stupid hypothetical's sake, what if San Diego put Philip Rivers on the trading block, what would you give up for him?


Absolutely nothing. He's been horrible.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more Sanchez plays the more feasible Vick to the Jets in 2013 becomes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rickjets2007


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 575
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
The more Sanchez plays the more feasible Vick to the Jets in 2013 becomes


The most realistic move is no move at all. We simply open next year with the QB's we have. Have an open competition between G-Mac, Nacho and Tebow.
Next years draft class lacks a big time QB worth drafting. With are messed up salary cap, it is best just to ride the season out on one of our current arms. We have so many holes to fill, one draft class will not be the cure. Next year is a rebuilding year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47510
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickjets2007 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
The more Sanchez plays the more feasible Vick to the Jets in 2013 becomes


The most realistic move is no move at all. We simply open next year with the QB's we have. Have an open competition between G-Mac, Nacho and Tebow.
Next years draft class lacks a big time QB worth drafting. With are messed up salary cap, it is best just to ride the season out on one of our current arms. We have so many holes to fill, one draft class will not be the cure. Next year is a rebuilding year.

Tebow will not be back.

If McElroy shows something over the next few weeks, I think we enter next season with him, Sanchez, and a rookie.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bring in Matt Simms and his cannon
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 5652
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious that Vick is on his way out at the Eagles ... if he checks out medically and can be had for a lower draft pick I'd pick him up for a season and see what he could do competing Sanchez.

in our situation Veteran > Rookie ... especially because no stud in this draft just projects with potential
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 1189
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Obvious that Vick is on his way out at the Eagles ... if he checks out medically and can be had for a lower draft pick I'd pick him up for a season and see what he could do competing Sanchez.

in our situation Veteran > Rookie ... especially because no stud in this draft just projects with potential


The Eagles will cut Vick to save the $15mil he would cost them so wouldnt have to give anything in terms of draft picks for him. Most people are against bringing him in but iv said it before id take him everyday over the Qb's we have now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
Obvious that Vick is on his way out at the Eagles ... if he checks out medically and can be had for a lower draft pick I'd pick him up for a season and see what he could do competing Sanchez.

in our situation Veteran > Rookie ... especially because no stud in this draft just projects with potential


The Eagles will cut Vick to save the $15mil he would cost them so wouldnt have to give anything in terms of draft picks for him. Most people are against bringing him in but iv said it before id take him everyday over the Qb's we have now.


THe overwhelming reason why people are against Vick is because of the off-the field situation

People need to let that go, although I guess technically they have the right to hold a grudge

But from an Xs and Os standpoint he gives the Jets a far better chance to compete than any QB on their roster or that will be available in free agency
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21228
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klein and Tebow on the same team would be glorious
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47510
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Klein and Tebow on the same team would be glorious

Tebow will not be back next year. We're not drafting Klein. We already have a ton of developmental TEs.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harris Smith


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 1489
Location: Totowa, NJ
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Is you're sig supposed to be a reference to Justin Blackmon's DWI?

If it is, it's not only sad, but offensive, really..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21228
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
^ Is you're sig supposed to be a reference to Justin Blackmon's DWI?

If it is, it's not only sad, but offensive, really..

Sorry that it offends you.
I'm still digging it.
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:
^ Is you're sig supposed to be a reference to Justin Blackmon's DWI?

If it is, it's not only sad, but offensive, really..

Sorry that it offends you.
I'm still digging it.
lmao.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody still think Sanchez is a better option than Vick?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8569
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Anybody still think Sanchez is a better option than Vick?


Are you secretly @#$!ing Vick and want him to move to New York? Be honest.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group