Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's time to go QB shopping - GenoSmith,Murry,Wilson,Klein?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I would give up if we drafted Barkley.

You and me both

I think we all would.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
green24 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Bray coming out will make things more interesting QB wise. Bray would have been likely the #1 pick in next year's draft if he was to stay.

How would yall rank your top 5 QB's if Bray was to come out?

1.Bray
2.Geno
3.Wilson
4.Glennon
5.Manuel

EJ Manuel is terrible.

It was either him or Barkely but if we go for another small USC quarterback i would be unhappy. Barkely has unreal weapons but still hasn't wowed me. After Sanchez am i that ludicrous to not want Barkely!?!?

I hate Barkley too. I would take Zac Dysert and even Ryan Nassib over both.

1. Geno Smith
2. Tyler Wilson
3. Zac Dysert
4. Mike Glennon
5. Ryan Nassib

I would include Bray at #5 if he declares. Other sources have said that he might not declare, depending on who Tennessee hires to be their new HC. There is a chance that they hire Jon Gruden.

Yeah i forgot Dysert id take him over EJ.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
xenajets wrote:
green24 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Bray coming out will make things more interesting QB wise. Bray would have been likely the #1 pick in next year's draft if he was to stay.

How would yall rank your top 5 QB's if Bray was to come out?

1.Bray
2.Geno
3.Wilson
4.Glennon
5.Manuel

EJ Manuel is terrible.

It was either him or Barkely but if we go for another small USC quarterback i would be unhappy. Barkely has unreal weapons but still hasn't wowed me. After Sanchez am i that ludicrous to not want Barkely!?!?

Yes, we shouldn't base QBs on what school they go to rather the skills that they have.

His skills and intangibiles are way to similar to Mark imo and are big red flags. As i said with the talent around him he should be putting up better performances.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:

I don't think Bray is as good as everyone says he is, I also question his motiviation. He certainly has the tools to become a great QB but does he have the work ethic? Or is he going to become Matt Leinart and just be ok with being a QB in the NFL.

He isn't a first round prospect and I would be wary using a 2nd. He would have to impress me in his interview. A 3rd or later I wouldn't mind. I still think Dysert is a better prospect right now.

You do have to wonder why Bray isn't talked about more right now as a QB prospect. I mean it's hard as a fan to really gauge his work ethic, all we can really go on is reports which can be completely false.

I don't see him as one of those laid back QB's. Bray has had some hits and misses over the past few years going against some real tough defenses, hell this year alone he has faced some great defenses. I do believe at the end of the day he will be a first round QB, his size and throwing arm will wow them in workouts and I do see him as a riser.

It's hard for me to talk about Dysert since Ive never really seen him play, but everything you hear is about his great IQ and horrible supporting cast.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
teamorange wrote:

I don't think Bray is as good as everyone says he is, I also question his motiviation. He certainly has the tools to become a great QB but does he have the work ethic? Or is he going to become Matt Leinart and just be ok with being a QB in the NFL.

He isn't a first round prospect and I would be wary using a 2nd. He would have to impress me in his interview. A 3rd or later I wouldn't mind. I still think Dysert is a better prospect right now.

You do have to wonder why Bray isn't talked about more right now as a QB prospect. I mean it's hard as a fan to really gauge his work ethic, all we can really go on is reports which can be completely false.

I don't see him as one of those laid back QB's. Bray has had some hits and misses over the past few years going against some real tough defenses, hell this year alone he has faced some great defenses. I do believe at the end of the day he will be a first round QB, his size and throwing arm will wow them in workouts and I do see him as a riser.

It's hard for me to talk about Dysert since Ive never really seen him play, but everything you hear is about his great IQ and horrible supporting cast.

My top 5 quarterbacks

1) Tyler Bray Anywhere
2)Tyler Wilson (3rd round)
3) Mike Glennon (4th round)
4) No one
5) No one

I want Tyler Bray, he has the most potential. His terrible coaching staff and terrible line can hold you back. Hes played pretty good against the best defenses in the country over the years. If you guys care about taking this franchise and turning it into an elite one, it starts at drafting the quarterback of the future.. and thats the guy. Say whatever you want about his character, frankly i havent heard a bad thing about him besides that fact that hes a leader and says it how it is. We need this guy period.
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:

My top 5 quarterbacks

1) Tyler Bray Anywhere
4) No one
5) No one

I want Tyler Bray, he has the most potential. His terrible coaching staff and terrible line can hold you back. Hes played pretty good against the best defenses in the country over the years. If you guys care about taking this franchise and turning it into an elite one, it starts at drafting the quarterback of the future.. and thats the guy. Say whatever you want about his character, frankly i havent heard a bad thing about him besides that fact that hes a leader and says it how it is. We need this guy period.

If Aaron Murray declares where is he on this list?

I personally think he's better than all three of the QB's you've listed
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

My top 5 quarterbacks

1) Tyler Bray Anywhere
4) No one
5) No one

If Aaron Murray declares where is he on this list?

I personally think he's better than all three of the QB's you've listed

Think again.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

Think again.

Tyler Bray 6'6" 215 Lbs 59.4% Completion 3612 Yards 34 TD's 12 Picks 8.01 YPA 8 Sacks 146.3 Rating

And looking at his season he struggled pretty bad against good teams.

Alabama 0 Td's 2 Picks 48% Completion
Florida 2 TD's 2 Picks 50% Completion

Tyler Wilson 6'3" 220 Lbs 62.1% Completion 3387 Yards 21 TD's 13 Picks 8.45 YPA 14 Sacks 143.8 Rating

Rutgers 3 TD's 2 Picks 51.3% Completion
Texas A&M 1 TD 2 Picks 49.2% Completion
apparently didnt play alabama?

Mike Glennon (I admit I havent seen anything about him) 6'6" 232 Lbs 57.7% Completion 3683 Yards 30 TDs 14 Picks 33 Sacks 131.6 Rating

VS

Aaron Murray 6'1" 210 Lbs 66.6% Completion 3201 Yards 30 TD's 7 Picks 10.0 YPA 21 Sacks 177.1 Rating (#3 Ranked Team in the nation)

To me on a pure stats comparison he looks like a better QB ... and seeing him play he looks better then Wilson or Bray
Whats the knock on him height? Also when everyone complains so much about Sanchez's completion % why are QB prospects that are being considered ones that have low completion %.

Either way I don't think this is a draft worth taking a QB in the first 2 rounds... First Pick should be a pass rusher

The only decent QB is Geno Smith and most people have issues with him as well. Barkley and such are going to be very poor investments
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

Think again.

Tyler Bray 6'6" 215 Lbs 59.4% Completion 3612 Yards 34 TD's 12 Picks 8.01 YPA 8 Sacks 146.3 Rating

And looking at his season he struggled pretty bad against good teams.

Alabama 0 Td's 2 Picks 48% Completion
Florida 2 TD's 2 Picks 50% Completion

Tyler Wilson 6'3" 220 Lbs 62.1% Completion 3387 Yards 21 TD's 13 Picks 8.45 YPA 14 Sacks 143.8 Rating

Rutgers 3 TD's 2 Picks 51.3% Completion
Texas A&M 1 TD 2 Picks 49.2% Completion
apparently didnt play alabama?

Mike Glennon (I admit I havent seen anything about him) 6'6" 232 Lbs 57.7% Completion 3683 Yards 30 TDs 14 Picks 33 Sacks 131.6 Rating

VS

Aaron Murray 6'1" 210 Lbs 66.6% Completion 3201 Yards 30 TD's 7 Picks 10.0 YPA 21 Sacks 177.1 Rating (#3 Ranked Team in the nation)

To me on a pure stats comparison he looks like a better QB ... and seeing him play he looks better then Wilson or Bray
Whats the knock on him height? Also when everyone complains so much about Sanchez's completion % why are QB prospects that are being considered ones that have low completion %.

Either way I don't think this is a draft worth taking a QB in the first 2 rounds... First Pick should be a pass rusher

The only decent QB is Geno Smith and most people have issues with him as well. Barkley and such are going to be very poor investments

I honestly havent talked about Aaron Murray because he is probably going back to college for his senior year. I like him as a quarterback because he throws a great ball and makes good decisions. The only thing i dont like is his height.

In my eyes Bray and Murray are probably my two favorite quarterbacks in college football. If they both for some reason stay, then i see them going top 10 easily next year. In my eyes Bray is still the guy i want though and this is why..

Bray usually only makes mistakes under pressure... like every other quarterback in the world. His offensive line is horrendous, besides Dallas Thomas, there is NOTHING and i mean nothing there. You need to also realize that Bray has a terrible defense as well. The Georgia defense is pretty nasty this year and having a good defense helps the offense specially when you get the ball off of turnovers and its even better when you get turnovers inside the other teams 30 yard line which has happened alot this year for Georgia. It also doesn't help when your down so quick in games and teams know that your not going to be running the ball therefore they can blitz the crap out of you or send 3 guys and leave about 8 to cover. As much as you guys love to criticize Bray, i just dont see why. Just eyeballing his stats and watching his highlights on youtube doesnt do justice. You need to look at his team, how other teams are playing them, and how they are coached. Lets not forget guys, a Bray isn't calling the plays either.

As far as Brays attitude, i dont know where anyone gets that he has one.. but if he does, good. To be a leader and a quarterback you need one.

P.S. Geno Smith... seriously this guy has got bust written all over him and he does not and i mean does not fit in our offense. So no more Geno talk the guy will not be a jet and im glad.
jpt331

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imma let y'all finish but Jarvis Jones over EVRYTHANG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:

I honestly havent talked about Aaron Murray because he is probably going back to college for his senior year. I like him as a quarterback because he throws a great ball and makes good decisions. The only thing i dont like is his height.

In my eyes Bray and Murray are probably my two favorite quarterbacks in college football. If they both for some reason stay, then i see them going top 10 easily next year. In my eyes Bray is still the guy i want though and this is why..

Bray usually only makes mistakes under pressure... like every other quarterback in the world. His offensive line is horrendous, besides Dallas Thomas, there is NOTHING and i mean nothing there. You need to also realize that Bray has a terrible defense as well. The Georgia defense is pretty nasty this year and having a good defense helps the offense specially when you get the ball off of turnovers and its even better when you get turnovers inside the other teams 30 yard line which has happened alot this year for Georgia. It also doesn't help when your down so quick in games and teams know that your not going to be running the ball therefore they can blitz the crap out of you or send 3 guys and leave about 8 to cover. As much as you guys love to criticize Bray, i just dont see why. Just eyeballing his stats and watching his highlights on youtube doesnt do justice. You need to look at his team, how other teams are playing them, and how they are coached. Lets not forget guys, a Bray isn't calling the plays either.

As far as Brays attitude, i dont know where anyone gets that he has one.. but if he does, good. To be a leader and a quarterback you need one.

P.S. Geno Smith... seriously this guy has got bust written all over him and he does not and i mean does not fit in our offense. So no more Geno talk the guy will not be a jet and im glad.

On Geno Smith. I think Geno Smith could be a decent QB in the right system, but probably not here, just saying he will very likely be the first QB taken this year.

Personally I hope we try to build up a team around Sanchez instead of mortgaging our future for a rookie QB this year. Obviously bringing in a Veteran to Challenge and likely replace Sanchez for the year, but we have pressing needs like a Pass Rusher and receiving talent which I think we need to solidify before a QB is brought in. I hope we have a youth + talent infusion this off season we badly need it, don't think we should draft a QB before late round 2 or early round 3, just dont see any of the prospects this year as being anywhere near as good as Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, or RG3. We'll see though.
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpt331 wrote:
Imma let y'all finish but Jarvis Jones over EVRYTHANG

LMAO (Quoting Kanye?)
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

On Geno Smith. I think Geno Smith could be a decent QB in the right system, but probably not here, just saying he will very likely be the first QB taken this year.

Personally I hope we try to build up a team around Sanchez instead of mortgaging our future for a rookie QB this year. Obviously bringing in a Veteran to Challenge and likely replace Sanchez for the year, but we have pressing needs like a Pass Rusher and receiving talent which I think we need to solidify before a QB is brought in. I hope we have a youth + talent infusion this off season we badly need it, don't think we should draft a QB before late round 2 or early round 3, just dont see any of the prospects this year as being anywhere near as good as Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, or RG3. We'll see though.

Personally i want Bray but i agree with you if you want to build a team you must build around it first. But if Bray comes out he could go early second and i think thats to good to pass up. Other than that i wouldnt waste any draft picks on quarterbacks in the later rounds because we have other needs and i want an elite quarterback, not an average one and thats exactly what Dysert and all those guys will be in my mind at best.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg. I love you.

Jamison.'s Gallery
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying this will happen but just for stupid hypothetical's sake, what if San Diego put Philip Rivers on the trading block, what would you give up for him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 12 of 18

Jump to: