Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's time to go QB shopping - GenoSmith,Murry,Wilson,Klein?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I vote for the tag team of Jason Campbell and Zac Dysert. Campbell for a year or two and Dysert as the QB of the future.

I can get behind this. Campbell I always felt got a bad rep when he was just put in an AWFUL situation in Washington. And Dysert is going to be the best QB coming out of the next draft but he is a project of sorts
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
I vote for the tag team of Jason Campbell and Zac Dysert. Campbell for a year or two and Dysert as the QB of the future.

I can get behind this. Campbell I always felt got a bad rep when he was just put in an AWFUL situation in Washington. And Dysert is going to be the best QB coming out of the next draft but he is a project of sorts

Dysert seems to stare down his targets a lot, something that Sanchez has problems with and something that I can't overlook in a QB prospect.

I'm a pretty big fan of E.J. Manuel. I also like both the Tyler's and Geno.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Sanchez is the "year or two" quarterback. He's not going anywhere next year. But it's clearly time to draft somebody this upcoming draft and do it in the first two rounds.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Mark Sanchez is the "year or two" quarterback. He's not going anywhere next year. But it's clearly time to draft somebody this upcoming draft and do it in the first two rounds.

Well, Jets can't hurry up and snag a raw quarterback. Or will they?
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler bray.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the quarterbacks in this years draft are pretty bad. Those of you wanted manuel or geno.... i dont have a clue where your head is at.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:

Dysert seems to stare down his targets a lot, something that Sanchez has problems with and something that I can't overlook in a QB prospect.

I'm a pretty big fan of E.J. Manuel. I also like both the Tyler's and Geno.

I think that is something that can be fixed with a year of sitting and learning the offense and NFL defenses.

We cant look at the draft and say these QB's suck why? because they wont play day 1, I think Dysert will be the best or 2nd best QB in this class 3 years from now. He has all the tools to succeed

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every quarterback has own issue but it is common for college quarterback that stares down a target.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Nassib is also really impressive. Big arm, poised in the pocket, definitely looks the part.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly I don't want to address QB this offseason. I want to use FA to get OLBs and the draft to get some young stud offensive talent. Trade back if there is no one we want.

Next year I'm all for going with a new regime if we tank again. I think to be fair we have no offensive weapons and our best player is out for the year not exactly a winning formula. Bring in a Vet to compete with Sanchez next year and then draft a young guy early.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can go with a sleeper like Brad Sorensen , and have him sit for a while. 6'4 235lbs.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Landry Jones yet. He's got everything you want in a prospect size, big arm, accurate.

He's a statue in the pocket and has a inconsistent release but if we can fix the O-line and let him survey the field like Brady does against us, then he's got the arm to be a good QB. Sit him 1 year to straighten him out and he can be a very good starter.

Probably can land him in the 3rd round as well leaving us with a 1st and 2nd round pick for an OLB and a RT.

Props to Mack on the sig
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Tyler Bray.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Tyler Bray.

I do like him a lot as a player. I worry about some of the off field issues that are said about him, but I know these things are addressed in the pre-draft rituals, so I'd be ok with him if the Jets drafted him.

Bray, Jones, and Dysert are the three I'd be comfortable drafting.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've supported Mark for a long time on here. I believe he is better then he is currently playing. If you noticed yesterday he throws a big pass completion and then he gets pulled. Gannon said it best your doing a disservice to your QB taking him out of the game.

Now I think he is void of offensive playmakers. Looking back to the previous years. With established players around him Mark was a competent QB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: