Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's time to go QB shopping - GenoSmith,Murry,Wilson,Klein?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith would throw 8 touchdowns with this Jets team. I swear people keep pimping him must think the 9ers offense is garbage. He won't be able to produce outside of there.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Alex Smith would throw 8 touchdowns with this Jets team. I swear people keep pimping him must think the 9ers offense is garbage. He won't be able to produce outside of there.

Hes better than Sanchez and he knows how to play the game manger ball control role. However if we have to take on his salary its not worth it. I really could kill Tanny for signing Sanchez to that extension. I was one of the few that said it was a gigantic mistake while everyone stated how great Tannenbaum was. Tables have certainly turned.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Malik wrote:

Hes better than Sanchez and he knows how to play the game manger ball control role. However if we have to take on his salary its not worth it. I really could kill Tanny for signing Sanchez to that extension. I was one of the few that said it was a gigantic mistake while everyone stated how great Tannenbaum was. Tables have certainly turned.

Except the major difference between this offense cast and the 9ers is that being a game manager is good enough to win games. That's that true with ours. Alex needs ALOT of help in order to be an efficient game manager.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude was and still is a bumb. Loo at the Talent he has and cant put up enough points that they turned to a Rookie!!!!

Were stuck with Mark we either surround him with talent and a real offensive coaching staff ot allow.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk why people think Alex smith is out of the question. He is going to get cut after the season because if the 49ers keep him on the roster they will have to pay him $8 mil. If they cut him they don't lose any money. He will be in a jets uniform next year and I'd be fine with that. He won't create a circus and it will allow us to draft the skill positions we drastically need. Then next year you go after a true starting QB and they will have legit weapons to use. I'm ok with drafting someone this year as long as the jets don't reach and waste a pick that could be used elsewhere.
kilahchris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Idk why people think Alex smith is out of the question. He is going to get cut after the season because if the 49ers keep him on the roster they will have to pay him $8 mil. If they cut him they don't lose any money. He will be in a jets uniform next year and I'd be fine with that. He won't create a circus and it will allow us to draft the skill positions we drastically need. Then next year you go after a true starting QB and they will have legit weapons to use. I'm ok with drafting someone this year as long as the jets don't reach and waste a pick that could be used elsewhere.

Exactly the guy was the first overall pick in 2005. He went through 4 different Offensive coordinators and several head coaches in 7 years. The 49ers organization has stunted his development. Alex smith is a more accurate, intelligent and has a better arm then Mark Sanchez,
green24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are rumors that Bray will declare for the draft. Don't think it's a very smart move by him. He has a lot to improve on.

#TeamManfred
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

Exactly the guy was the first overall pick in 2005. He went through 4 different Offensive coordinators and several head coaches in 7 years. The 49ers organization has stunted his development. Alex smith is a more accurate, intelligent and has a better arm then Mark Sanchez,

Being better than Sanchez isn't saying much. Alex Smith isn't that good despite being on a loaded offense with a massive safety net. The idea that he'll produce anything close to his best year in San Francisco with the Jets is a compete disservice and an insult to how talented that 9ers offense is.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
kilahchris wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

Being better than Sanchez isn't saying much. Alex Smith isn't that good despite being on a loaded offense with a massive safety net. The idea that he'll produce anything close to his best year in San Francisco with the Jets is a compete disservice and an insult to how talented that 9ers offense is.

Neither one of us said he'd produce anything close to his best year, where did you get that from either of our statements? We are ultimately talking about a stop gap that has far more potential than Vick. We load up on offensive weapons and OLB and see how it works. If Sanchez isn't cut then let Smith, Sanchez, and McElroy fight it out and worse comes to worse we hopefully only need a QB the following year.

Ideally Sanchez is gone because he will only be a distraction.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick at his best is better than Smith (not really of fan of either). If it's a stop gap then take the shot on Vick he is explosive and exciting. With Braylon and Hill we should be able to open up the run game since you can't load the box against Vick since he can fling it downfield with the best of them.

Smith isn't very good, the reason he lost his job cause he's holding back a superbowl team.

Props to Mack on the sig
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Vick at his best is better than Smith (not really of fan of either). If it's a stop gap then take the shot on Vick he is explosive and exciting. With Braylon and Hill we should be able to open up the run game since you can't load the box against Vick since he can fling it downfield with the best of them.

Smith isn't very good, the reason he lost his job cause he's holding back a superbowl team.

Our problem is turnovers. I'm not sure if you've watched Vick this year but he has been a turnover machine. I agree if we get both at top performance Vick would be the better player but in our situation I don't want the circus that Vick will bring and he is 4 years older and his god given ability is starting to fade out plus he's injured far to frequently. Smith just makes more sense.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Dude was and still is a bumb. Loo at the Talent he has and cant put up enough points that they turned to a Rookie!!!!

Were stuck with Mark we either surround him with talent and a real offensive coaching staff ot allow.

No, we should surround someone with talent. Mark will suck regardless hes just not good.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Mark Sanchez Update
79 career touchdowns
84 career turnovers
55% completion percentage

And Im the biased one?

And Vick has:
156 career touchdowns
152 career turnovers
56 completion percentage

So yes you are the biased one.

LOL nice try.

Vick has 32 less turnovers than that. Let me guess you counted all fumbles as turnovers. It doesn't work that way. Otherwise Eli and Big Ben would have a lot worse TD/TO ratios as well

And neither still has that much better than Vick for the career. In fact Eli is worse and Big Ben is marginally better

Difference is they played with teams that had Super Bowl caliber defensive efforts either in the regular season or post-season where it matters
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

Its not even that I think Sanchez is better, hes not, but I dont want Vick as my first choice to be the stop gap. Id rather trade a pick for Kirk Cousins

First of all Kirk Cousins is probably going nowhere. Second of all I find it mind boggling that you think a 4th round QB who played one game vs the Cleveland Browns has shown he is more worthy of being a stop gap QB than Vick

I mean heck it's not even about Vick vs Kirk Cousins. You could draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round in this draft better than Kirk Cousins to go along with Vick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: