Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's time to go QB shopping - GenoSmith,Murry,Wilson,Klein?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I just said this in another thread, but I think we are going to push for Vick and draft another QB after moving Mark. Rex may have one more year to save his job, he is probably not going to put his job in the hands of one of the shaky rookies coming into the next draft. He is going to push for someone who has atleast looked good before. I'm not the biggest Vick fan, but I can see it happening.

No Vick. I'd rather pursue Smith, Moore, or some other high profile backup. We don't need another circus here. Id even try and get Stanton back from Indy. He probably would of been starting games ago and we may even be sitting pretty right now.

But then again Rex is the epitome of idiot, so he probably will push for Vick.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I just said this in another thread, but I think we are going to push for Vick and draft another QB after moving Mark. Rex may have one more year to save his job, he is probably not going to put his job in the hands of one of the shaky rookies coming into the next draft. He is going to push for someone who has atleast looked good before. I'm not the biggest Vick fan, but I can see it happening.

No Vick. I'd rather pursue Smith, Moore, or some other high profile backup. We don't need another circus here. Id even try and get Stanton back from Indy. He probably would of been starting games ago and we may even be sitting pretty right now.

That's what I'm saying. I'm not a fan of Vick because he can't read defenses and puts to much pressure on himself. But the way things look, I can see Rex wanting it.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

That's what I'm saying. I'm not a fan of Vick because he can't read defenses and puts to much pressure on himself. But the way things look, I can see Rex wanting it.

Rex wants a QB who will not turn the ball over, so it's hard to justify Vick as an option unless Woody has something to do with it. As much as I think Rex can be a great manager/motivator, the guy doesn't know how to develop QBs. From my point of view he's been pressured by upper management to "trust" certain guys to do that.

Woody Johnson and Tannenbaum wanted Schottenheimer on board, he was forced upon Rex for 3 seasons. Schottenheimer fired, Sparano in. Sparano has the same ideals as Ryan, but I believe Tannenbaum also had a role in it because of his discipleship of Parcells.

I don't know where the Jets go from here. I hope they should the path that Seattle took: Carroll, a defensive coach who has built the Seahawks defense to one of the best in the NFL, made many mistakes trying to find his QB...

2010: Swapped 2nd's and traded a 3rd for Charlie Whitehurst, paid him $8 million
2011: Signed Travaris Jackson to a 2 year, $8 million deal
2012: Signed Matt Flynn to a 3 year contract ($10 million for this year), but still started rookie Russell Wilson.

So over a 3 year period, they essentially mortgaged 2 high draft picks and $24 million trying to find a their QB (Jackson was paid $6 of the 8 million before the trade to Buffalo) before they landed Russell Wilson.

Lets face it: Rex and this entire organization failed developing Mark Sanchez. He was poised to be a very good, possibly great, NFL Quarterback heading into the 2011 season, but everything was mismanaged in the worst way possible. The Sanchez and Ryan Eras can no longer coexist. I think the biggest question will be the following:

Will the Jets keep Rex Ryan and find him a starting QB

or

Will they move forward with Sanchez, fire Rex, and find a coach who's willing to make it work with Mark for the time being.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with ya. If there was any shot of Mark becoming a good QB, Rex, Tanny , and Woody screwed that up. What I think will happen is Tanny will get fired, the new GM will give Rex one more year. Rex will find another QB who can save his job.

Quote:
kilahchris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
jamaicanjetfan wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
The oh he's getting hot and then they put in Tebow crap ESPN has been spewing is so stupid. The guy had 27 passing yards at half against a bad D. Yes the WR's have been banged up but 27 yards, come on.

How is it stupid? Everyone on here agrees.

We know and accept that Sanchez isn't good. So you need to capitalize when he is playing well, because believe it or not he does play good sometimes. Instead, Rex and Sporano don't allow him to keep his hot hand and pull him as soon as he gets a few passes in a row. Then they bring him off the bench cold. No QB could succeed with that.

Does turning around and handing the ball off keep him so called "hot". He walks off for one play (which would have most likely been a running play anyway) and now he's cold again. I think that's such a BS excuse that we've all been using around here to pretend that Sanchez is better then he really is.

Dilfer and Steve Young both said that it was a crime for him to pulled for Tebow right after he had those good throws. They both said that there IS SUCH A THING as getting into a groove, and that they would be livid if they were pulled in the same situation.

I've never played QB at a high level like them so I guess I'm going to have to trust the words of a HOF QB and a Superbowl champ but I'm still not 100% convinced. Tebow was out multiple games and I didn't see any improvement in those games when he wasn't getting pulled. Oh that's right he was getting pulled anyway for McElroy cause he's sucks.

You want to go ahead and use Tebow as an excuse then go right ahead but the truth is that Tebow or no Tebow Sanchez still blows and without a top 5 D and top 5 running game he can't even be marginally successful. I'm not failing for the poor weapons and Tebow excuses anymore. He's had plenty of chances to grasp a hold of this job and keep it when he did have weapons and he never could. If this was one bad year I'd probably be all over the Tebow and no weapons thing but he hasn't had one good year yet. The early runs were him not messing up more then him leading the team. Yeah the numbers looked solid but man oh man was that smoke and mirrors.

And yes it doesn't matter anymore cause like Jetskid said he's shell shocked and will never be successful here again. A change is needed in the worst way. It sucks cause he showed promise and just never continued to develop but its over because of Tebow not because of Tebow does it really matter at this point.

Edit: I'm just venting cause we are downright embarrassing right now to watch. It's bad for my health to keep holding out hope for this team and now that we're finally out I can relax. Up until last night I was holding those playoff hopes that maybe if Braylon gets back in his groove with Sanchez and maybe if Keller can get healthy we could surprise some people but man was I wrong. I've watched bad Jets teams before but have never felt this embarrassed to be a fan. Sanchez is what he is and that's not very good.

27 half time passing yards, 27 yards, enough said. And this is something we've seen on too much of a consistent basis.

I think the general consensus is not that Tebow is an excuse but Tony Sparano B@@@@@@T wildcat office stinks. The crap did not work in Miami why would it work here in New York.

On a side note Mark Sanchez has regressed. Rex Ryan should of sat Mark down 3 weeks ago. I have bad feeling that Mark Sanchez will cause Rex Ryan to lose his job at the end of the year.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
jamaicanjetfan wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
The oh he's getting hot and then they put in Tebow crap ESPN has been spewing is so stupid. The guy had 27 passing yards at half against a bad D. Yes the WR's have been banged up but 27 yards, come on.

How is it stupid? Everyone on here agrees.

We know and accept that Sanchez isn't good. So you need to capitalize when he is playing well, because believe it or not he does play good sometimes. Instead, Rex and Sporano don't allow him to keep his hot hand and pull him as soon as he gets a few passes in a row. Then they bring him off the bench cold. No QB could succeed with that.

Does turning around and handing the ball off keep him so called "hot". He walks off for one play (which would have most likely been a running play anyway) and now he's cold again. I think that's such a BS excuse that we've all been using around here to pretend that Sanchez is better then he really is.

Dilfer and Steve Young both said that it was a crime for him to pulled for Tebow right after he had those good throws. They both said that there IS SUCH A THING as getting into a groove, and that they would be livid if they were pulled in the same situation.

I've never played QB at a high level like them so I guess I'm going to have to trust the words of a HOF QB and a Superbowl champ but I'm still not 100% convinced. Tebow was out multiple games and I didn't see any improvement in those games when he wasn't getting pulled. Oh that's right he was getting pulled anyway for McElroy cause he's sucks.

You want to go ahead and use Tebow as an excuse then go right ahead but the truth is that Tebow or no Tebow Sanchez still blows and without a top 5 D and top 5 running game he can't even be marginally successful. I'm not failing for the poor weapons and Tebow excuses anymore. He's had plenty of chances to grasp a hold of this job and keep it when he did have weapons and he never could. If this was one bad year I'd probably be all over the Tebow and no weapons thing but he hasn't had one good year yet. The early runs were him not messing up more then him leading the team. Yeah the numbers looked solid but man oh man was that smoke and mirrors.

And yes it doesn't matter anymore cause like Jetskid said he's shell shocked and will never be successful here again. A change is needed in the worst way. It sucks cause he showed promise and just never continued to develop but its over because of Tebow not because of Tebow does it really matter at this point.

Edit: I'm just venting cause we are downright embarrassing right now to watch. It's bad for my health to keep holding out hope for this team and now that we're finally out I can relax. Up until last night I was holding those playoff hopes that maybe if Braylon gets back in his groove with Sanchez and maybe if Keller can get healthy we could surprise some people but man was I wrong. I've watched bad Jets teams before but have never felt this embarrassed to be a fan. Sanchez is what he is and that's not very good.

27 half time passing yards, 27 yards, enough said. And this is something we've seen on too much of a consistent basis.

I think the general consensus is not that Tebow is an excuse but Tony Sparano B@@@@@@T wildcat office stinks. The crap did not work in Miami why would it work here in New York.

On a side note Mark Sanchez has regressed. Rex Ryan should of sat Mark down 3 weeks ago. I have bad feeling that Mark Sanchez will cause Rex Ryan to lose his job at the end of the year.

At this point I dont even care. Rex has been pretty bad, although I have been leaning toward keeping him. However this organization needs some sort of a change and drastically. We have a good but not great defense and a HS offense. Just rebuild. New GM, new HC, new OC, new DC, new QB coach. Rip this team apart and rebuild it.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000113452/Vick-a-possibility-for-the-Jets-in-2013?campaign=twitter_nfln_videos

Oh no.

#TeamManfred
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000113452/Vick-a-possibility-for-the-Jets-in-2013?campaign=twitter_nfln_videos

Oh no.

After all this mess this would be the absolute wrong move. We need to rebuild. If we were in a win now mode and had the right pieces I would be all for it but were not. We need to start over from scratch with either a rookie QB or a vet who can fill the void for a while.

Harris Smith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's one thing this season has convinced me of, is that Mark Sanchez was never going to be a part of any sustained success for this franchise. He's just not talented or disciplined enough to play at an acceptable level for an NFL team that aspires to win a championship, and his entire approach to his football career seems to reflect his own realization that he was just passing through. Hopefully, he has many fond memories of the Kardashian sisters, Goldie Hawn's daughter, and however many Jersey Shore types he's enjoyed during his internship in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to give him every opportunity to show some sort of character and leadership during this season of adversity, but he's proven to be a pretender with mediocre ability that lacks the emotional makeup to put it all together. Obviously, no Jet's fan should be happy about it, most likely it will set the team back a few years to have to address the QB positiopn.

I know the arguement could be made that he lacked playmakers to work with, but to be honest, I'm fairly convinced at this point that even if he had Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson lining up on offense next to him, Sanchez would still be a liability. The only silver lining to this is at least the franchise won't be wasting any more time on this guy.

Last edited by Harris Smith on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Oh no.

lol exactly what I was saying. It just sound like the perfect Jet type of move. but there is not heat to that rumor just yet. It will pick up when the season end.

Quote:
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see us drafting someone to develop ... and signing someone who wants to prove somethin like Alex Smith (who hopefully want turn over the ball much)

Hopefully the whole offense is redone and we keep rex and the defense who get better with revis coming back and players progressing
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
green24 wrote:

Oh no.

After all this mess this would be the absolute wrong move. We need to rebuild. If we were in a win now mode and had the right pieces I would be all for it but were not. We need to start over from scratch with either a rookie QB or a vet who can fill the void for a while.

Vick is ok I guess. I mean we are calling for guys like Moore or Tavaris Jackson. Vick or any of them aren't the QB of the future. Vick or any other out cast is still just a temp solution. We still need to draft a QB and most likely the guy we draft will be better off sitting for a year to prepare. Jones, Bray or whoever we draft.

Vick will at least give us a chance to be explosive and maybe he can be somewhat successful in our GnP system.

I think our D is pretty good but is ranked lower than they should be because of how much pressure we put on them because of our pathetic offense. Still need to find our OLB pass rusher though.

Props to Mack on the sig
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
green24 wrote:

Oh no.

Vick is ok I guess. I mean we are calling for guys like Moore or Tavaris Jackson. Vick or any of them aren't the QB of the future. Vick or any other out cast is still just a temp solution. We still need to draft a QB and most likely the guy we draft will be better off sitting for a year to prepare. Jones, Bray or whoever we draft.

Vick will at least give us a chance to be explosive and maybe he can be somewhat successful in our GnP system.

I think our D is pretty good but is ranked lower than they should be because of how much pressure we put on them because of our pathetic offense. Still need to find our OLB pass rusher though.

Vick is the LAST guy I want my rookie QB learning from. Coin flip completion percentage throughout most of his career, relies on taking off and running first before passing, throws into coverages, isn't a good leader. I would rather try and get Alex Smith for a couple of years and if the rookie beats him out we at least have Smith as a viable backup and veteran presence.

kilahchris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
If there's one thing this season has convinced me of, is that Mark Sanchez was never going to be a part of any sustained success for this franchise. He's just not talented or disciplined enough to play at an acceptable level for an NFL team that aspires to win a championship, and his entire approach to his football career seems to reflect his own realization that he was just passing through. Hopefully, he has many fond memories of the Kardashian sisters, Goldie Hawn's daughter, and however many Jersey Shore types he's enjoyed during his internship in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to give him every opportunity to show some sort of character and leadership during this season of adversity, but he's proven to be a pretender with mediocre ability that lacks the emotional makeup to put it all together. Obviously, no Jet's fan should be happy about it, most likely it will set the team back a few years to have to address the QB positiopn.

I know the arguement could be made that he lacked playmakers to work with, but to be honest, I'm fairly convinced at this point that even if he had Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson lining up on offense next to him, Sanchez would still be a liability. The only silver lining to this is at least the franchise won't be wasting any more time on this guy.

You my friend is very intelligent, eloquent and honest fan of the NY Jets. I could not have said it better myself.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Vick came and said that he wont come to the Jets if hes making less money than Mark Sanchez. Well guess what, that all be shuts the door on that. Theres no way in HELL any new GM would sign Vick to 9 mil+ when we have another QB who we cant trad and can't cut and whose salary we have to carry with us for at least one season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: