Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's time to go QB shopping - GenoSmith,Murry,Wilson,Klein?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the QB is like...Brady, Rodgers, etc - or as a rookie is Luck, RG3...they're a huge product of their environment. Sanchez's team surrounding him offensively is awful.

You guys need to get some legitimate receivers, legitimate pass protectors, a legitimate running back, etc before you draft another QB. If you cant fix it, they will be another Sanchez.

Hey man, NBT hasn't been doing a good enough job with his receiver homerism. Someone has to step up.
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Unless the QB is like...Brady, Rodgers, etc - or as a rookie is Luck, RG3...they're a huge product of their environment. Sanchez's team surrounding him offensively is awful.

You guys need to get some legitimate receivers, legitimate pass protectors, a legitimate running back, etc before you draft another QB. If you cant fix it, they will be another Sanchez.

Thank you this is what I have been saying for 2 seasons.

Mack on the Sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

Other then the receivers I disagree. The Jets are top 10 in rushing yards per attempt and have an average O-line. They are not great but far from a huge problem. So let's see we have an average O-line and and despite the top 10 ranking (I think an average rushing attack) and a pathetic offense. The wild card here is Sanchez he's terrible, that's the problem.

The oh he's getting hot and then they put in Tebow crap ESPN has been spewing is so stupid. The guy had 27 passing yards at half against a bad D. Yes the WR's have been banged up but 27 yards, come on.

Props to Mack on the sig
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
Their are only 3 qbs that I like in this class and they are all from 2nd round and beyond sadly so they all have flaws but have considerable talents in varying areas.

Mike Glennon
EJ Manuel
David Fales

I am a big Glennon fan. Love his size and his arm. We would have to really beef up the offensive line though because the guy is as pure of a pocket passer as they come, hes not very mobile at all.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
The oh he's getting hot and then they put in Tebow crap ESPN has been spewing is so stupid. The guy had 27 passing yards at half against a bad D. Yes the WR's have been banged up but 27 yards, come on.

How is it stupid? Everyone on here agrees.

We know and accept that Sanchez isn't good. So you need to capitalize when he is playing well, because believe it or not he does play good sometimes. Instead, Rex and Sporano don't allow him to keep his hot hand and pull him as soon as he gets a few passes in a row. Then they bring him off the bench cold. No QB could succeed with that.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

We know and accept that Sanchez isn't good. So you need to capitalize when he is playing well, because believe it or not he does play good sometimes. Instead, Rex and Sporano don't allow him to keep his hot hand and pull him as soon as he gets a few passes in a row. Then they bring him off the bench cold. No QB could succeed with that.

Does turning around and handing the ball off keep him so called "hot". He walks off for one play (which would have most likely been a running play anyway) and now he's cold again. I think that's such a BS excuse that we've all been using around here to pretend that Sanchez is better then he really is.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Does turning around and handing the ball off keep him so called "hot". He walks off for one play (which would have most likely been a running play anyway) and now he's cold again. I think that's such a BS excuse that we've all been using around here to pretend that Sanchez is better then he really is.

Coming off the field is a lot bigger to a mentality than a running play. Coming off the field takes your focus out of the game more. It will hurt your confidence. Also, those stupid Tebow runs result in 1 yard, EVERYTIME. That leaves Mark, who isn't a good QB, to have 2nd and longs when he takes the field again.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
jamaicanjetfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Dilfer and Steve Young both said that it was a crime for him to pulled for Tebow right after he had those good throws. They both said that there IS SUCH A THING as getting into a groove, and that they would be livid if they were pulled in the same situation.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night was the tip of the iceberg for me. Although I don't think it's Sanchez's fault he didn't develop in NY, I can't ever seeing him succeeding with the Jets. Mark's psyche has been destroyed beyond repair and I personally think he's to the point where he doesn't want to be here.

I don't know where we go from here. You can't cut him without a hefty penalty, you can't trade him because of his salary/dead money. At this point I would like the Jets to draft a QB to battle with Sanchez and if the young guy wins the job, sit Sanchez on the bench as Seattle did with Matt Flynn, who made $10 million guaranteed this year.

Personally I'm a fan of Ryan Nassib. The kid kind of reminds me of Jake Locker physically; he has a cannon arm while displaying accuracy throughout his career. His biggest problems are ball movement in his drop back (tends to "shake" the ball when he's in the pocket) and he needs to find a way to control his velocity (it seems like he puts 110% on his throws every time... he needs to learn how to put touch on his balls and take off sometimes).

I don't know what this offseason will bring. I still stand by my belief that Sanchez had what it takes to be great, but the Jets poorly managed his development and clearly don't understand how to put him in the best situation to succeed. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and move forward with Rex for at least one last season, because despite the struggles in the last two seasons he has shown the ability to coach around the QB.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaicanjetfan wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Dilfer and Steve Young both said that it was a crime for him to pulled for Tebow right after he had those good throws. They both said that there IS SUCH A THING as getting into a groove, and that they would be livid if they were pulled in the same situation.

I've never played QB at a high level like them so I guess I'm going to have to trust the words of a HOF QB and a Superbowl champ but I'm still not 100% convinced. Tebow was out multiple games and I didn't see any improvement in those games when he wasn't getting pulled. Oh that's right he was getting pulled anyway for McElroy cause he's sucks.

You want to go ahead and use Tebow as an excuse then go right ahead but the truth is that Tebow or no Tebow Sanchez still blows and without a top 5 D and top 5 running game he can't even be marginally successful. I'm not failing for the poor weapons and Tebow excuses anymore. He's had plenty of chances to grasp a hold of this job and keep it when he did have weapons and he never could. If this was one bad year I'd probably be all over the Tebow and no weapons thing but he hasn't had one good year yet. The early runs were him not messing up more then him leading the team. Yeah the numbers looked solid but man oh man was that smoke and mirrors.

And yes it doesn't matter anymore cause like Jetskid said he's shell shocked and will never be successful here again. A change is needed in the worst way. It sucks cause he showed promise and just never continued to develop but its over because of Tebow not because of Tebow does it really matter at this point.

Edit: I'm just venting cause we are downright embarrassing right now to watch. It's bad for my health to keep holding out hope for this team and now that we're finally out I can relax. Up until last night I was holding those playoff hopes that maybe if Braylon gets back in his groove with Sanchez and maybe if Keller can get healthy we could surprise some people but man was I wrong. I've watched bad Jets teams before but have never felt this embarrassed to be a fan. Sanchez is what he is and that's not very good.

27 half time passing yards, 27 yards, enough said. And this is something we've seen on too much of a consistent basis.

Props to Mack on the sig
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manish Mehta
‏@MMehtaNYDN
Expect the Jets to make a starting QB change this week vs the Chargers. #nyj

Great timing mates!
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of us played QB in the NFL... so im going to trust Steve Young.
Bottom line is Sanchez MAY have been better if u get him weapons and take away
Tebow, but he's never going to be great. Regardless, Sanchez still is inaccurate, still has bad pocket presence, and makes bad decisions. 4th year players cant do that. Aaron Rogers has been sacked more than anyone... does he fumble every 3rd sack?

Im not a huge fan of ESPN but they hit the nail on the head... this was a colossal mess by Tanny, Rex, and Saprano. There is no direction, no plan, no identity.
If seattle can sit Flynn with $10M guaranteed, why cant we? If Ravens fire OC, why cant we? If its true and Rex was the one who told Saprano to put Tebow in 3rd series regardless, he is not a HC and needs to go. Saprano needs to go either way.

With Woody storming out, with back to back embarrassing prime time games, with blowouts, with the enormously high amount of bad PR, with people mocking and literally laughing at this organization.... i cant see us not cleaning house. It all starts with the GM so cuz of that i see Rex and Tony gone.
kilahchris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex smith for a year sounds like a good option to me
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
Alex smith for a year sounds like a good option to me

Not really a fan of trading for a guy. We could use all our picks. Just go with a FA like Jackson or Moore.

We need to try to trade Sanchez (for a tissue if we're lucky) and if not he needs to be cut. Eat his money next year if we have to cause he can't be on this team next year. Go into next season with a vet (Moore), a rook (Landry), and McElroy and let the best man win.

Props to Mack on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just said this in another thread, but I think we are going to push for Vick and draft another QB after moving Mark. Rex may have one more year to save his job, he is probably not going to put his job in the hands of one of the shaky rookies coming into the next draft. He is going to push for someone who has atleast looked good before. I'm not the biggest Vick fan, but I can see it happening.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: