Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's time to go QB shopping - GenoSmith,Murry,Wilson,Klein?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Jets are playing the Pats next week, so there's no point in making a QB switch before that game. However, if the Jets can't move the chains on offense by halftime, I think they have to start to play Tebow for full drives, and plan on him making some starts moving forward.

If neither player can mount any offensive production, than the Jets have to get rid of Tebow, put McElroy in, and get an evaluation of all the QB's on the roster, so they know how many spots they should plan on filling at the position in the offseason. I suspect the Jets will wind up retaining Sanchez another year, but he'll be forced to compete for the starting position with a veteran, and maybe a draft pick/young player.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler bray or tyler wilson. They arent early draft picks there late first or second round. No one else in the draft is going to be someone that can convert into a legit quarterback and everyone needs to realize that. They are pocket passers that have the nfl arm that sanchez does not as well as the ability to read defenses. Both are SEC quarterbacks and thats what we need to draft.

Matt Moore is a waste campbell is a waste... they are both average quarterbacks at best and quite frankly put any of those guys in today and i dont think it would make a difference. They honestly just arent good.... only guy id want would be romo if he for some reason got cut but probably not happening.

Our offense needs to be REVAMPED.. the defense can hold itsself together by addressing the OLB spot in free agency. Even if we bring back pace cheap on a one year im fine with that. But we need to look to free agency and draft for mostly offense. We just need to be better
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
Well, the Jets are playing the Pats next week, so there's no point in making a QB switch before that game. However, if the Jets can't move the chains on offense by halftime, I think they have to start to play Tebow for full drives, and plan on him making some starts moving forward.

If neither player can mount any offensive production, than the Jets have to get rid of Tebow, put McElroy in, and get an evaluation of all the QB's on the roster, so they know how many spots they should plan on filling at the position in the offseason. I suspect the Jets will wind up retaining Sanchez another year, but he'll be forced to compete for the starting position with a veteran, and maybe a draft pick/young player.

What do you mean "if"? Do you actually think there's a snowball's chance that Tebow will have success on this team?

Tim Tebow is a horrible QB, there's no doubt in my mind that this offense will regress with Tebow behind center.

If we're going to make a change at QB, let's go with the second option you mentioned, and put in McElroy.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:

What do you mean "if"? Do you actually think there's a snowball's chance that Tebow will have success on this team?

Tim Tebow is a horrible QB, there's no doubt in my mind that this offense will regress with Tebow behind center.

If we're going to make a change at QB, let's go with the second option you mentioned, and put in McElroy.

Obviously, there's not much reason to believe Tebow will fare much better than Sanchez, but to be fair, he deserves an opportunity. I'm also interested in seeing how Sanchez responds once he understands that he's nearing the end of the line as far as being a starting QB in the NFL.

As far as McElroy goes, I don't see much reason to believe he could start in the NFL either. But again,it would be helpfull to see it in action, so that the team isn't wasting roster spots on guys that absolutely can't play, because the Jets will need to fill those spots with players that can potentially replace the current starter, instead of purely backup/ developmental players.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost positive Matt Flynn will be starting for you guys next year.

Legion of Boom!
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:

I think I'd be ok with that experiment.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Malik wrote:
Clearly we are going after Mike Vick.
This is exactly what I want.

I can actually see that happening the way things are going now. I know a lot of people are not going to love the move, but it can happen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
Boom! wrote:

I wouldn't. Just another unproven QB to add to the list with another big contract.
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Malik wrote:
Clearly we are going after Mike Vick.
This is exactly what I want.

I can actually see that happening the way things are going now. I know a lot of people are not going to love the move, but it can happen.

As long as Tanny is at the helm, no player with extreme media baggage is out of the question.

I can basically summarize Tanny's team-building thought process with one abbreviation.... YOLO!

Yeah, I said it.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Jason Campbell.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I want Jason Campbell.

This. He could be good as a stopgap, seat-warming QB.
norg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is alot of good backup NFL qb's out there IMO but who knowif any of them are avabile wut do yall think of Ryan Mallett ..????? it seems like the pats backups are alwasy prized

Maybe david carr desvers another shot hes built like tebow now hes freaking Huge
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:
Boom! wrote:

I wouldn't. Just another unproven QB to add to the list with another big contract.

No thanks on Flynn. Besides being unproven, the big money, he couldn't beat out an undersized rookie third rounder.

I want to see McElroy play. He might not have an arm but based on his college career, it looks like he knows how to manage a game. We need to know if he can play or if he's just taking a roster spot.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we're stuck with Sanchez for another year. What I'd like to do is find out if McElroy can play, cut Tebow sinew his presence has IMO hurt the whole team chemistry.

I doubt Geno Smith will be available (he'll probably go top 3 or 4) but we need a qb, so after taking an OLB and offensive lineman, I would take a shot with Doege, Manuel, Boyd, Dysert or Murray in the third or fourth round.
I would also pick up a free agent like Stanton (hopefully he has no hard feeling Embarassed )

In pre season they shoul all get an equal chance to win the job

Oh they need a new Qb coach as well
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I want Mike Vick.
FIFY

Jamison.'s Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: