Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Campbell would have slid vs Cleveland...........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I really hope Lane Kiffin quits using so many short passes and bubble screens when Wittek takes over though.

I think that's pretty dependent on how the OL develops. Barkley didn't throw nearly as many short passes last year when he had Kalil protecting his blindside.

mission27 wrote:
JDI is alive and well in us, the last best hope for mice and men on FF, and soon it will be alive inside all of you.

#JDI
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
I really hope Lane Kiffin quits using so many short passes and bubble screens when Wittek takes over though.

I think that's pretty dependent on how the OL develops. Barkley didn't throw nearly as many short passes last year when he had Kalil protecting his blindside.

What do you guys think of Barkley?
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

I still like him, although he has regressed this year. He has all the intangibles you would want in a QB, but his physical attributes aren't all that great, although I think his arm strength is pretty underrated around here. My problem with him this season is pretty much squarely on his decision making. The OL has really regressed, and there have been times where he feels the pressure and just tries to force the ball, usually to Lee. If he goes to a team who has a good OL, I think he'll be successful.

mission27 wrote:
JDI is alive and well in us, the last best hope for mice and men on FF, and soon it will be alive inside all of you.

#JDI
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Andy Dalton 2.0 with a little stronger arm. He'll need weapons on the outside and a really good offensive line to be good but his floor is pretty low because he's a student of the game and has all of the intangibles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good breakdowns. It'll be interesting to see where he goes in this years weak QB class. I'm guessing high 2nd round.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Sanchez 2.0; Top 10 - 15 pick drafted by the Arizona Cardinals
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Good breakdowns. It'll be interesting to see where he goes in this years weak QB class. I'm guessing high 2nd round.

??

He will go top 5. Likely #1 overall.

He's still a solid QB. USC's Oline is hot garbage this season and that has really effected his play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that has Campbell as our QB isnt' something I want. People complain about Carson dinking and dunking from time to time and that's ALL Campbell ever did. Then when he finally did go deep, he's 5 yards off target. Dude was SO overrated.

BUT, he DID dive, he DID break his collarbone, and he IS (thankfully) off this team. Why are we even talking about this?

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:

Barkley??? High 2nd round??? ............ LOLWUT........... did you mean high 2nd as in 2nd overall pick? He'll more than likely be the first QB taken........

PM sig requests.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing Campbell last night, do people still wish he was our QB?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
After seeing Campbell last night, do people still wish he was our QB?

Unfortunately, I'm sure of it. Dude was so overrated it's not even funny.

PM sig requests.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't that Campbell was so great as a QB. It's that he was a great fit for what Hue wanted to do. The offense usually ran pretty smoothly with Campbell under center. We would have our hiccups and days where we didn't show up at all, but not any more than we do now (think Denver, Baltimore).

That said, I'm still cool with Palmer for now. We're two late 4th quarter interceptions away from being 5-4, but one Carson Palmer away from being 0-9.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
It wasn't that Campbell was so great as a QB. It's that he was a great fit for what Hue wanted to do. The offense usually ran pretty smoothly with Campbell under center. We would have our hiccups and days where we didn't show up at all, but not any more than we do now (think Denver, Baltimore).

That said, I'm still cool with Palmer for now. We're two late 4th quarter interceptions away from being 5-4, but one Carson Palmer away from being 0-9.

Nail. Head.

Sigged.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:

Nail. Head.

Sigged.

Agreed without him, we're worse than the Chiefs.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:

Hue Jackson's as aggressive as they come and Jason Campbell's the opposite. With the Raiders dominant rushing attack, Hue wanted a QB that would capitalize throwing down the field to our speedy playmakers. That's why he was so giddish about adding Palmer. If Palmer played this season with McFadden leading the league in rushing like he did last season, the offense would be very tough to stop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: