Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Campbell would have slid vs Cleveland...........
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: If Campbell would have slid vs Cleveland........... Reply with quote

Where would we be now?

Does Reggie fire Hue?
Would we win more games this year?
Who would we have picked in the first round?
Would we have made the Playoffs last year?
Does McFadden get hurt?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's talk about this some more why don't we...

Seriously this crap gets brought up after every game. Quit living in the past.

He DID slide, we DIDN'T make the playoffs, Hue DID get fired. boom, done, can't do anything about it.
Raidin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFadden gets injured every year, no matter who the QB is. Once he goes down Campbell would have really struggled I think. Hue might have kept his ego in check with us losing a lot more. Although with more loses it would have given Reggie even more reason to dump him so I think he'd have been sacked. Possibly could have drafted Tannehill.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: If Campbell would have slid vs Cleveland........... Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Does Reggie fire Hue?
Depends, if he still goes out on a power trip and throws the team under the bus, probably.
Nodisrespect wrote:
Depends on a lot of things.
Nodisrespect wrote:
Dre Kirpatrick imo
Nodisrespect wrote:
Possibly, but it would have been mostly lucky.
Nodisrespect wrote:
Does McFadden get hurt?
When does he not get hurt?

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way Hue could have stayed around was by making the playoffs, which is why he made the Palmer trade IMO.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of you guys, it's just seems like we have entered a alternate reality where we suck again. I was really getting pumped about the team even though they were only 8-8 the last 2 years, now i don't even get mad when they lose. Confused

I knew the season was over when Campbell got hurt, but i didn't expect it to effect so much moving forward in a negative way.

When you think of what the fans have had to endure the last 10 years, its sad and upsetting.

Last edited by Nodisrespect on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
I agree with most of you guys, it's just seems like we have entered alternate reality where we suck again. I was really getting pumped about the team even though there were only 8-8 the last 2 years, no i don't even get mad when they lose. Confused

I knew the season was over when Campbell got hurt, but i didn't expect it to effect so much moving forward in a negative way.

When you think of what the fans have had to endure the last 10 years, its sad and upsetting.

Giving up what we did for Palmer is upsetting, but I think if Allen made the right OC hiring, we'd actually be decent right now IMO. Things look bad right now, but I think we'll be okay heading into the future past this season.
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what would have been if we drafted megatron or ap over that fat guy that wore #2??? who cares what would have been.. move on n get over whats done and prepare for what comes next..

the windshield is much bigger than the rear view mirror
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one appreciate these fun threads. It's going to be a LONG grueling season.

If Campbell would have slid vs Cleveland...........
Well, since I accurately predicted that Campbell would get hurt based on his lack of durability and his propensity to hold on to the ball, I'm guessing Campbell still would have went down after the trading deadline.

Does Reggie fire Hue?
It's just my hunch but I feel HueJax was embolden by his close relationship with former owner Al Davis. Perhaps Mark was advised to trust Hue and Hue capitalized on the situation. I think initially McKenzie wanted to keep Hue but got the feeling Hue was expecting him to be his puppet GM and promptly whacked him. Just a guess based on nothing.

Without the Palmer trade the Raiders lose more games, hence a higher draft position. With the 3rd overall selection the Raiders draft LSU CB Morris Claiborne

No, our current QB would be Jason Campbell playing on a 1-year contract. In actuality Campbell is more suited for a WCO, where he does have a history of having some success.

No, again Campbell has trouble completing seasons.

Does McFadden get hurt?
Seriously?

Where would we be now?
About the same with the benefit of having additional draft picks and brighter 2013 outlook. Same debates about QBotF. As much as I despised the way he played I would still be advising staying with Campbell until the books are cleaned up and Pryor getting no where near the playing field. Hopefully, Routt and Wimbley would still have gotten whacked and the same FAs signed. Major difference would be a reduced turn around time as I have everything being cleaned up by the beginning of 2015 assuming none of the draft picks are major busts.

Who is the QBotF?
USC QB Max Wittek 6'4" 235lbs 4.65-40. Yes, I'm that sick . . . .
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real question should be, if Louis Murphy had hands and wasn't afraid of contact.

Campbell threw a pass to Murphy that would have easily been a first down on the previous play, Murphy saw the safety coming and let it go. The next play Campbell scrambles trying to pick up the first down and gets hurt.

Louis Murphy, you suck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Who is the QBotF?

Interesting selection. Being an SC fan, I'm a fan of Wittek, despite the fact that he's never had significant playing time. He has all the physical attributes you could want in a QB, though. By all accounts, he's got a cannon of an arm.

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campbell and Bush are playing together vs Houston.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Campbell and Bush are playing together vs Houston.
And we beat them last year, now if we played the Texans we would get blown out of the stadium, what a difference a year makes. Crying or Very sad
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Campbell
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Who is the QBotF?

Interesting selection. Being an SC fan, I'm a fan of Wittek, despite the fact that he's never had significant playing time. He has all the physical attributes you could want in a QB, though. By all accounts, he's got a cannon of an arm.

Yeah he has by far the strongest arm of any quarterback we've had since Carson Palmer. He puts excellent zip on his passes all over the field and is really mobile in the pocket too. He has all the tools to be a future top ten pick so we'll see how he develops during his career.

I really hope Lane Kiffin quits using so many short passes and bubble screens when Wittek takes over though. He has the arm strength to make every throw and if we let him show it, it should really help his draft stock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: