Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So who is worth keeping around next year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
So'oto got picked up by GB already so cant sign him back now that Goethal is hurt. Ta' amu was released though.

Ta'amu was? What the hell, what do we have to lose LOL. I think we should grab him.

EDIT: After he gets out of jail of course Smile

That might be a while. So disappointed because he was a guy I liked in the draft and we looked at a couple times. Had a good Senior Bowl showing but dropped way down in the draft. His personality probably did him in.

So'oto got a bad deal here. I'd rather have him than Curry. Curry brings nothing to the defense other than dumb penalties.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
uncraiders20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
uncraiders20 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
uncraiders20 wrote:
first off, i think we some people are a little carried away saying they would take a 4th for dmac. that would mean we would have to use a draft pick to get us a running back when we would already have a back that can play. i still think we are expecting to much from one player on a bad team. we need to accept the fact this is a bad team and one player is not going to change that.

on a side note, anyone else think its time to put pryor in and see what he has. im pretty confident this team is not going to the playoffs, so i think its time to let pryor loose. i like palmer, but at this point we are playing for our future so lets see what pryor offers.

We have a RB that can play? Who? Goodson is the only one but his carries are so limited, they don't hold any water.

Definitely not time for Pryor. If you put him in w/ Carson doing pretty good, that pretty much guarantees Carson is going to retire when he has a couple more good years left in him then when Pryor reveals how awful he is, we instantly have no QB and we're back at square one. There is literally no reason whatsoever to sit Palmer. None. Not at all. Zip. Nada. Zilch.....

at this point, does it matter if we have carson next year or not? i'm pretty confident we have so many problems with this team that we will not be a playoff team next year so does it matter if carson is our qb. if carson is only giving us 1-2 more years, i think its time we move on and see what we have. we need to find out if we need to draft our qb of the future or if pryor is servicable. how long are we willing to wait to get a qb for the future, and at what price?

It's not just how Palmer translates into extra wins though........for example if we had Pryor in that could potentially stunt the growth of our WRs and TEs, Carson Palmer is a leader and an experienced head who can help our receivers, our younger players on the OL and the backfield. Also putting a young, inexperienced QB behind our OL is a recipe for ruining any chance they had of developing........see David Carr.

good post. i agree we could be doing damage to our wr's development, a point i haven't really thought of. i am just not all in on having carson for 1-2 more years and then we have no direction to go in. this is a league where you need a good qb and we have nothing in the works. so essentially we may have a good overall team, but if we don't have a qb any development we could have could be all for nothing.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
So'oto got picked up by GB already so cant sign him back now that Goethal is hurt. Ta' amu was released though.

Ta'amu was? What the hell, what do we have to lose LOL. I think we should grab him.

That might be a while. So disappointed because he was a guy I liked in the draft and we looked at a couple times. Had a good Senior Bowl showing but dropped way down in the draft. His personality probably did him in.

So'oto got a bad deal here. I'd rather have him than Curry. Curry brings nothing to the defense other than dumb penalties.

I would have rather they just released Tawain Jones if they werent going to use him and have a PS guy get more snaps.
true2form

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

I thought you were just talking in general. I agree. Our rushing attack has been horrible. Not sure I'd put that all on him though. Depending on who we hire at OC, DMC has a chance of bouncing back next season.

Definitely not all his fault but if he was great, I would hope he'd still be doing better than he is now. I mean, he literally is worthless out there right now. No one is scared of him, he's not getting anything accomplished except embarrassing himself, and we're still a one-dimensional offense. We definitely need line help but still, even AD would have some success behind this line. The 4th I could HOPE we'd get is strictly based on potential. Based on performance, he's not even worth a janitor to clean section 105, row 13.

So just out of curiosity, do you think Chris Johnson is a bad RB? They were having similar seasons until recently.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense

Denarius Moore, Jared Veldheer, Wiz, Carson, Reece, Rod Streater, Juron Criner, and David Ausberry

Defense

Desmond Bryant, Lamar Houston, and Miles Burris

IIRC Myers, Wheeler, and Shaughnessy are UFA's, we can upgrade all 3 positions so let them walk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think pretty much everyone agrees with most of the names being mentioned, but in all honesty, how realistic do you guys think the chances of the roster being completely overhauled really are?

Someone stated that our roster will likely be 85% different next year in the GDT. It's not happening in one year. Not with our salary woes & draft picks.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
I think pretty much everyone agrees with most of the names being mentioned, but in all honesty, how realistic do you guys think the chances of the roster being completely overhauled really are?

Someone stated that our roster will likely be 85% different next year in the GDT. It's not happening in one year. Not with our salary woes & draft picks.

Well, i think close to half the team is hitting FA and there aren't a lot of them we really need back. Then you have guys like McFadden, Jones, Brisiel, Kelly, Seymour, McClain, Huff and Branch who could be let go one way or another (and some of those will have to be cut just to save cap space). So it'd probably be closer to 2/3 of the team.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true2form wrote:
So just out of curiosity, do you think Chris Johnson is a bad RB? They were having similar seasons until recently.

So you're comparing a proven RB, who has set records and been consistent over many years, to McFadden? Not really fair IMO. They were only having similar seasons based on a stat sheet. Have you watched Johnson this season? His problem is that he would try to break off a 80 yarder every time. He wouldn't take the 5 yards the defenses were giving. He instead would move laterally in an attempt to break off a big run which resulting in poor plays most of the time.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Curry did make some stupid plays last game. I still have minimal hope for the guy but that's mainly based off the prospect he was coming out of college. If he got shipped off though, it wouldn't bother me.

PM sig requests.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Curry did make some stupid plays last game. I still have minimal hope for the guy but that's mainly based off the prospect he was coming out of college. If he got shipped off though, it wouldn't bother me.

2 down LBs are ten a penny we would save a lot of money by letting Curry and McClain go. At this point they don't offer enough value.
#clueless
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
2 down LBs are ten a penny we would save a lot of money by letting Curry and McClain go. At this point they don't offer enough value.

I don't recall what Curry is making but I do agree.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Dessie wrote:

3.8M in 2013.

And while i'm at it.

Palmer: 16.9M
McFadden: 8M
DHB: 10.6M
Brisiel: 5M
Seymour: 16M
Kelly: 9M (maybe more since he was supposedly restructured at some point)
McClain: 6.6M
Huff: 11M
Branch: 10.9M
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Dessie wrote:

3.8M in 2013.

And while i'm at it.

Palmer: 16.9M
McFadden: 8M
DHB: 10.6M
Brisiel: 5M
Seymour: 16M
Kelly: 9M (maybe more since he was supposedly restructured at some point)
McClain: 6.6M
Huff: 11M
Branch: 10.9M

Wow, Reggie has a lot of work ahead of him.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Dessie wrote:

3.8M in 2013.

And while i'm at it.

Palmer: 16.9M---restructure
McFadden: 8M----restructur
DHB: 10.6M----restructure
Brisiel: 5M---keep
Seymour: 16M---adios
Kelly: 9M---bye
McClain:---dont let the door hit ya
Huff:---cya? not sute yet
Branch:---not sure yet

I want to keep
Reece
Dmoore
Ford
Streater
Criner
DHB
WIz
Veldheer
Houston
Bryant
Burris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Dessie wrote:

3.8M in 2013.

And while i'm at it.

Palmer: 16.9M---restructure
McFadden: 8M----restructur
DHB: 10.6M----restructure
Brisiel: 5M---keep
Seymour: 16M---adios
Kelly: 9M---bye
McClain:---dont let the door hit ya
Huff:---cya? not sute yet
Branch:---not sure yet

I want to keep
Reece
Dmoore
Ford
Streater
Criner
DHB
WIz
Veldheer
Houston
Bryant
Burris

Palmer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: