Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How much more do you need to see from Josh Freeman?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Freeman has probably done enough to save his job for next year at this point. I would probably put him in that 16-20 range.

Probably done enough? Laughing I didn't really think his job is in jeopardy. A lot of QBs have sophomore slumps, or go through growing pains.... doesn't mean all of him should have their job in jeopardy. & based on performance this year he's way more top ten then outside the top 15, there are not 15 better QBs in the league.

Consistency is the things with him, he's been showing it lately... hopefully he will keep it up. I'm sold on him being a good QB in this league, but still has plenty of room to improve to get to the next level.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
vikes22 wrote:
Need to see quite a bit more out of him. He's still the 4th best QB in that division.

I would say 3rd
And come on
Our division probably has the best QBs out of any other division

Top to bottom, I don't think there's any doubt.

I'd also say he's the 3rd best QB in the division.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
vikes22 wrote:
Need to see quite a bit more out of him. He's still the 4th best QB in that division.

I would say 3rd
And come on

Who do you guys have him over? Cam?

JW

I would agree with that though.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already know Freeman is a great young QB on the rise.....I think hell be a top 10 QB the rest of his starting career..

But he has doubters....rightfully so. He will probably lead the Bucs to a 10-6 record...but they'll lose in the first round to a team like the Giants or Packers or Bears.....they're just a really.young team.

He was in a HORRIBLE situation last season.....terrible coaching that forced him to throw it wayy too much, no weapons, a tight end that constantly yelled at him for the ball....the Bucs were just a mess.

Schiano, Martin, V-Jax, Williams....they're all definitely a big reason for success...but Free is not just some mediocre qb playing in an elite offense. He can throw...he's smart....he's athletic...he can evade pressure....He is thereal deal. He's finally been given some tools to work with and he's playing at a high level. The Bucs FO did a great job of putting the riight type of weapons around Free that best suit his skillset. He has a cannon arm....go out and get him the best deep threat wr in the game....he's great at throwing on the run off play action roll outs...draft a stud RB in the first round.

He reminds me a lot of McNabb..but more accurate. He's the real deal...and hell prove it soon enougg

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he plays like this next year, i will be sold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
if he plays like this next year, i will be sold

This. Even when i saw him play against the giants, i wasnt really impressed.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
floppyflaps

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
floppyflaps wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Special Teamer wrote:
Didn't he have a pretty good stat on 4 quarter comebacks a few years back? I think that alone shows he has what it takes but I agree with FourThreeMafia. Consistency.

If you look at who they were against, it actually hurts him as if he were a top 10 QB, he wouldn't have had his team down in the first place. That was a huge part of my argument all of the 2010 off-season -- put his numbers in context and it paints a very different picture.

Yet people forget that the 2010 Buccaneers basically had an expansion team level of talent.

They started 2 rookie WRs, one picked in the 2nd round and one picked in the 4th. They had an undrafted rookie at RB. The defense stunk, one of the worst rushing defenses in the league.

Man, revisionist history is a wonderful thing. It's funny how in 2010 that "undrafted rookie" and "4th round WR" were being pimped as future stars. Now in 2012 it's "oh, well they weren't that good".

All that being said, my point still stands -- Freeman's season was very much overrated and I went into much detail several times to show why exactly that was.

If he just beat up on crappy teams, then why don't other QBs with weak schedules have a top 10 all time TD-INT ratio in those seasons? They probably have more established weapons than a bunch of lowly drafted rookies and a terrible defense.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floppyflaps wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
floppyflaps wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Special Teamer wrote:
Didn't he have a pretty good stat on 4 quarter comebacks a few years back? I think that alone shows he has what it takes but I agree with FourThreeMafia. Consistency.

If you look at who they were against, it actually hurts him as if he were a top 10 QB, he wouldn't have had his team down in the first place. That was a huge part of my argument all of the 2010 off-season -- put his numbers in context and it paints a very different picture.

Yet people forget that the 2010 Buccaneers basically had an expansion team level of talent.

They started 2 rookie WRs, one picked in the 2nd round and one picked in the 4th. They had an undrafted rookie at RB. The defense stunk, one of the worst rushing defenses in the league.

Man, revisionist history is a wonderful thing. It's funny how in 2010 that "undrafted rookie" and "4th round WR" were being pimped as future stars. Now in 2012 it's "oh, well they weren't that good".

All that being said, my point still stands -- Freeman's season was very much overrated and I went into much detail several times to show why exactly that was.

If he just beat up on crappy teams, then why don't other QBs with weak schedules have a top 10 all time TD-INT ratio in those seasons? They probably have more established weapons than a bunch of lowly drafted rookies and a terrible defense.

Strawman argument.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
vikes22 wrote:

I would say 3rd
And come on

Who do you guys have him over? Cam?

JW

I would agree with that though.

Brees
Ryan
Freeman
Newton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Freeman has to lead his team to a playoff berth before he gets the recognition he deserves

It's not saying much but he's the best QB from that draft class potentially. SOmething that many thought was laughable just a few years ago with how people thought so highly of Bradford and Sanchez
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Josh Freeman has to lead his team to a playoff berth before he gets the recognition he deserves

It's not saying much but he's the best QB from that draft class potentially. SOmething that many thought was laughable just a few years ago with how people thought so highly of Bradford and Sanchez

Stafford and Sanchez.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
BBIB wrote:

Stafford and Sanchez.

Stafford/Bradford same thing

Actually BIG difference. Ok so 2nd best QB. Although who knows with Stafford these days
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to downplay him at all, but V-Jax's catch rate is currently at 47% and he'd only been credited with two drops entering this past week. Between that and Freeman's mediocre comp.%, he must be making his fair share of errant/inaccurate throws. Or is the pass-protection just not doing him any favors?

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to win a playoff game first before we even talk about him.

Laughing Joking aside, Freeman is better than he played last year. But I think the consensus is that he needs to play well two years in a row to show that he isn't a fluke.
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
I don't mean to downplay him at all, but V-Jax's catch rate is currently at 47% and he'd only been credited with two drops entering this past week. Between that and Freeman's mediocre comp.%, he must be making his fair share of errant/inaccurate throws. Or is the pass-protection just not doing him any favors?

Hard to pick apart the guy statistically right now. Isn't he like top 8 in everybody's favorite passer rating?

And he has something absurd like 13 TDs and 1 INT in the past few games

His numbers are fine, he just needs to keep it up for an extended period of time

If Bucs get that last playoff spot in the NFC that could go a long way in cementing that respect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: