Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stafford
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahoda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Jackson is hurt a lot and in decline.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
Stephen Jackson is hurt a lot and in decline.

And the guy he's splitting snaps with is averaging nearly 6 yards per run.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
3 quarters are better than 1

Only if those three quarters are actually good. Bradford at his best hasn't shown nearly the kind of ability Stafford has shown when he's at his best.

Bradford also doesn't have CJ either.

Stafford's numbers last year minus Calvin's huge statistics (which is an unrealistic handicap anyway, given CJ's roster spot would be taken up by someone that would be able to get at least a fraction of his production) are still better than anything Bradford has ever done.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
OnlikeNdamukong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really rough game for Stafford against the Packers in what was the most important game of the year. The wideouts didnt help him out much with some drops and the pass protection wasnt great but Stafford wasnt even close on a lot of his throws. Inconsistent, bad timing, poor mechanics. His only TD was a prayer that somehow made it through the DBs hands. He has to play better if we are going to win, pretty simple.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnlikeNdamukong wrote:
Really rough game for Stafford against the Packers in what was the most important game of the year. The wideouts didnt help him out much with some drops and the pass protection wasnt great but Stafford wasnt even close on a lot of his throws. Inconsistent, bad timing, poor mechanics. His only TD was a prayer that somehow made it through the DBs hands. He has to play better if we are going to win, pretty simple.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty easily his worst game of the season.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
ahoda wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
3 quarters are better than 1

Only if those three quarters are actually good. Bradford at his best hasn't shown nearly the kind of ability Stafford has shown when he's at his best.

Bradford also doesn't have CJ either.

Stafford's numbers last year minus Calvin's huge statistics (which is an unrealistic handicap anyway, given CJ's roster spot would be taken up by someone that would be able to get at least a fraction of his production) are still better than anything Bradford has ever done.

I think this isn't accurate. St. Louis hasn't surrounded Bradford with anywhere near the talent the Lions have given Stafford. Bradford also hasn't had the luxury of coaching continuity.

With both players at their best Stafford still has far superior weapons. Neither of them are lighting the world on fire but I don't think your giving Bradford much credit.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
nagahide13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he played exceptionally well today against a tough Houston defense. Still an errant throw here and there, but he did more than enough to win this game. I'm glad that Watt didn't decapitate him after any of those complete whiffs on Goz.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
I thought he played exceptionally well today against a tough Houston defense. Still an errant throw here and there, but he did more than enough to win this game. I'm glad that Watt didn't decapitate him after any of those complete whiffs on Goz.

His completion % was an ant fart over 50%, that isn't too impressive. However he was pretty clutch on third downs so that is something.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

His completion % was an ant fart over 50%, that isn't too impressive. However he was pretty clutch on third downs so that is something.
Well you can thank Grew on that

R.I.P. Stylish
ManeLine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

Broyles dropped a TD too

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

Grew was actually holding onto everything until the fourth quarter. Stafford's completion% was around 50% all game long.

Team Stylish

ManeLine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

Grew was actually holding onto everything until the fourth quarter. Stafford's completion% was around 50% all game long.

I'd like to see what his completion % would have been without the drops and throwaways.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

I'd like to see what his completion % would have been without the drops and throwaways.

Every QB has drops and throwaways, great ones complete significantly more than 50% of their passes imo.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: