Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stafford
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdubs3316 wrote:
trade him the the Chiefs and select Geno or Barkley

How is the storm cleanup coming?

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:

we're all good now...but lots of others in the Tri-State area can't say the same. I've heard of some horror stories from friends that have families on Long Island and on the Jersey shore.

thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdubs3316 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:

we're all good now...but lots of others in the Tri-State area can't say the same. I've heard of some horror stories from friends that have families on Long Island and on the Jersey shore.

thanks!

No problem. What's happening out there is more important than football.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:

thanks!

Says you.

No I'm just kidding.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:

thanks!

Says you.

No I'm just kidding.

I know you're a kidder Laughing

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Lions017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford is not the problem for us. He hasn't been playing like he did last year, but he has still been a solid player. I'd say that at least half the teams in the NFL would take him over their current QB, and that's not factoring in how young he is or anything like that. I'm just talking about a single game type of thing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start Hill for the 1st half while having Stafford in the locker room just throwing balls up against a wall or something. Then bring Stafford in for the 2nd half.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
Stafford is not the problem for us. He hasn't been playing like he did last year, but he has still been a solid player. I'd say that at least half the teams in the NFL would take him over their current QB, and that's not factoring in how young he is or anything like that. I'm just talking about a single game type of thing.

Read what you just wrote.

You suggest he isn't the problem but then point out he's a middle of the pack QB.

That by definition is average isn't it?

He is as much a problem as any of the players on offence which, considering he was a number one selection isn't satisfactory.

I'm not suggesting he is THE problem but he is certainly part of the problem.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Lions017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Lions017 wrote:

You suggest he isn't the problem but then point out he's a middle of the pack QB.

He is as much a problem as any of the players on offence which, considering he was a number one selection isn't satisfactory.

Not at all. He had a great season last year and is still very young. If you consider that he's having a down year and is still a productive QB, I don't think that you can call him the problem with the team. I'm not saying that he's without blame, but I'm not ready to ship him out or anything like that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Lions017 wrote:

Not at all. He had a great season last year and is still very young. If you consider that he's having a down year and is still a productive QB, I don't think that you can call him the problem with the team. I'm not saying that he's without blame, but I'm not ready to ship him out or anything like that.

I'm not suggesting he be shipped out either just trying to understand why, he still has consistency issues and isn't progressing how most felt he would.

If the Lions could play four quarters on offence like their capable of they'd be a very good team. Stafford's numbers are night and day between halves.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something serious wrong with the karma between Stafford and Linehan- there isn't any. What has changed since last year???

Play calling.

Plain and simple.

And Stafford isn't innocent. He's sluggish and lackluster in the first half. His body language clearly shows he is not happy with the play calling and its affecting his game.

Either these two get on the same page or...

Someone has to go.

And it won't be the franchise quarterback.

Oh, and Matt, stop with the side arm crap. SO sick of it.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how many times I heard John Lynch say coverage sack today. Playcalling doesn't really matter when guys can't get open.

When guys are open either the OL doesn't protect well enough, there's a penalty, drop, or Stafford is inaccurate.

It's not just one thing with this team, it's a multitude of issues on offense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
I don't know how many times I heard John Lynch say coverage sack today. Playcalling doesn't really matter when guys can't get open.

When guys are open either the OL doesn't protect well enough, there's a penalty, drop, or Stafford is inaccurate.

That was mostly how I felt throughout the game today. Guys weren't getting open and Stafford had nowhere to go with the ball, and they couldn't run effectively. I've been critical of Stafford for much of the year, but I don't think he was a big problem yesterday. in fact he's been mostly very good over the last three games and he's completed over 67% of his passes over that span.

He was only sacked twice yesterday, but he had to throw a lot of balls away or just run for 2 yards on 3rd and 10. The Vikings' secondary was doing work.

We also had that little problem of letting Adrian Peterson run for 80 yards on two plays for the Vikings' game-sealing drive, so obviously you're going to have a tough time closing out a game when you give up scores that easily. Ponder was throwing the ball at will without his top target in the game, and he's been terrible over the last four weeks. I don't know how that becomes Stafford's problem.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade him to the Rams for all their draft picks, Chris Long, Finnegan, and Bradford.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:

That was mostly how I felt throughout the game today. Guys weren't getting open and Stafford had nowhere to go with the ball, and they couldn't run effectively. I've been critical of Stafford for much of the year, but I don't think he was a big problem yesterday. in fact he's been mostly very good over the last three games and he's completed over 67% of his passes over that span.

He was only sacked twice yesterday, but he had to throw a lot of balls away or just run for 2 yards on 3rd and 10. The Vikings' secondary was doing work.

We also had that little problem of letting Adrian Peterson run for 80 yards on two plays for the Vikings' game-sealing drive, so obviously you're going to have a tough time closing out a game when you give up scores that easily. Ponder was throwing the ball at will without his top target in the game, and he's been terrible over the last four weeks. I don't know how that becomes Stafford's problem.

Stafford continues to be night and day between halves. His early game inconsistencies slow the team.

He isn't THE problem but is certainly part of the problem.

Where is anyone suggesting he's responsible for closing out games when the defence is yielding big yardage?

The reality is this offence can't accomplish anything in the first half. Yesterday was a prime example of this. Fault doesn't sit entirely with Stafford but he most certainly shares in the blame.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: