Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Glenn Dorsey to IR
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Glenn Dorsey to IR Reply with quote

Nice knowing you.

Tyson Jackson won't get paid the $14M he is due next season either. Throw in Bowe and that is 3 first rounders leaving Kansas City. Fail.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Dorsey to IR Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Nice knowing you.

Tyson Jackson won't get paid the $14M he is due next season either. Throw in Bowe and that is 3 first rounders leaving Kansas City. Fail.

Bowe and Dorsey I agree, but especially if Pioli sticks around, I see Jackson getting another decent chunk of change spreed over several years through a restructure/extension. He has gotten a boatload of money to occupy blockers.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see TJax being allowed to walk. No way that happens IMO. I agree that Dorsey has played his last snap for us now, but Bowe is obviously up in the air. We'll see how it plays out with him.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyson is one of the worst rated defensive ends in the NFL this season by PFF. Why should we even want him back? He is the Barry Richardson of our defensive line

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so who's the next junkyard pickup for the Chiefs.Probably a DB, probably someone they had around earlier, probably an older guy. Is Ty Law still available??
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Tyson is one of the worst rated defensive ends in the NFL this season by PFF. Why should we even want him back? He is the Barry Richardson of our defensive line

On a D that hasn't played a single snap with a lead. Can we even fathom how wide open opponents playbooks are CONSISTENTLY against our D? They never get to play a situation they are favored in with a team forced to from behind against them!

I'm not implying that they have been great in facing this adversity individually or as a scheme - but they all deserve a bit of a curved grade playing beside this garbage offense/turnover machine. Especially the run defense!
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
so who's the next junkyard pickup for the Chiefs.Probably a DB, probably someone they had around earlier, probably an older guy. Is Ty Law still available??

Jeff George!!!! Woot!

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

On a D that hasn't played a single snap with a lead. Can we even fathom how wide open opponents playbooks are CONSISTENTLY against our D? They never get to play a situation they are favored in with a team forced to from behind against them!

I'm not implying that they have been great in facing this adversity individually or as a scheme - but they all deserve a bit of a curved grade playing beside this garbage offense/turnover machine. Especially the run defense!

Curved grade...smh...you don't get to pick and choose which situation to play when in the National football league

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes cutting Stanford Routt even more stupid. We had to pay him for the season anyway, now Javy is starting...this could go from bad to worse...which is something I'm shocked even exists.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive always thought Dorsey to be better for a 4-3 anyway and to be flat out honest T-Jax can follow him down the road for all i care. Not saying he's not decent at what he does or i have some personal vendetta against him but his contract for what he's asked makes me think we can find a cheaper alternative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:

per roto:

Quote:

Chiefs promoted S Neiko Thorpe from their practice squad.
Thorpe played both safety and cornerback at Auburn and will likely play special teams in Kansas City. He ran a 4.4 at the Tigers' Pro Day, with an 11-foot-5 broad jump.

Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

per roto:

Quote:

Chiefs promoted S Neiko Thorpe from their practice squad.
Thorpe played both safety and cornerback at Auburn and will likely play special teams in Kansas City. He ran a 4.4 at the Tigers' Pro Day, with an 11-foot-5 broad jump.

Laughing

Travis Daniels should not be on this roster.

Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Dorsey more likely to return than Bowe.

Both are unlikely to return. Sad

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsey's worth went down the drain with the switch. Never understood it, really. He was never going to stand out as a 3-4 DE. Didn't even have to be statistically. No one would ever expect a J.J. Watt clone, but he wasn't going to excel once it happened.

Watch him go to a 4-3 next to a nice-sized NT and shine... Sad

At least the switch helped turn Hali from a potential bust, into a star? Confused
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Dorsey's worth went down the drain with the switch. Never understood it, really. He was never going to stand out as a 3-4 DE. Didn't even have to be statistically. No one would ever expect a J.J. Watt clone, but he wasn't going to excel once it happened.

Watch him go to a 4-3 next to a nice-sized NT and shine... Sad

At least the switch helped turn Hali from a potential bust, into a star? Confused

Dorsey was the square peg in the round hole. I do think his body is starting to break down. People seem to forget when he was a child he had to walk in leg braces. I honestly think he has been playing on borrowed time and at this point he more than likely will be a rotational player for a 4-3 team. If a team can limit his snaps and use him correctly he could make an impact here and there. I don't think we will ever see the explosiveness he had at LSU return.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: