Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The bad, The Ugly, and the Uglier...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 5570
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
The GM and HC are going to run around like rats trying to save their jobs. They're going to blame everyone for this failure.
Not one of them will take responsibility for the way this team played tonight.


Dennis Allen took complete responsibility for the game today in his press conference, so...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5264
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
bitty wrote:
The GM and HC are going to run around like rats trying to save their jobs. They're going to blame everyone for this failure.
Not one of them will take responsibility for the way this team played tonight.


Dennis Allen took complete responsibility for the game today in his press conference, so...


Again, when was the last time the Raiders won a morning east coast game? 1st coach to accomplish this will be Oakland for some time. Fix this already along with the penalties.
_________________
2013 Mancrush: DT Richardson, OT Joeckel, FS Vaccaro, FS Rambo, WR Dobson, RB Michael, TE McDonald, OT Foketi, WR Swope
Raidin wrote:
My love for Rod is growing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3524
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
bitty wrote:
You guys are funny talking about 17th pick in the first round like it would've made a difference. Hue still would've been fired.The coaching will still suck. The Raiders will be in a worse situation with out Palmer.
No way its the 17th pick it would have been top 10 probably could have picked Claiborne. 17th? Really with Boller and Pryor? No way.


So what would he do to make this team better play 5 Positions?
No he would play one position and then we would draft a player with our second pick this year and hopefully fill 2 positions with great prospects that reggie has picked, and 40% of the problem is solved, which is progress, and progress is good. Idea

Instead we are doing the same thing we have done in the past paying above average players elite money(Palmer) which won't get you very far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9837
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
The GM and HC are going to run around like rats trying to save their jobs. They're going to blame everyone for this failure.
Not one of them will take responsibility for the way this team played tonight.


What?
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21797
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
The GM and HC are going to run around like rats trying to save their jobs. They're going to blame everyone for this failure.
Not one of them will take responsibility for the way this team played tonight.


Really? Who is taking them.... Mark Davis? Let's use our head for 1 minute. You really think Mark Davis who appointed the GM at the recommendation of guys like Wolfe and Madden is going to drop him after 1 season?

It doesn't take a genius to see that this team is a talentless wasteland and will take 2-3 years to just be competitive. They needed blown up and that process is about 20% complete. The honey moon period hasn't even started to this point for Reggie.

When he has the roster turned over in his image and he has drafted some higher picks that can be judged as 'franchise players' then the verdicts can begin to role in.

Right now, it sucks how lousy this team is. But it was inevitable. This season was about finding out which players they can build around. This offseason will being the process of turning over the roster now that they have resources to do so. But it will take additional years to bring it all together.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11025
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good:

- Well, even as a one-dimensional team against a good defense, Carson can still play well. THAT is very encouraging. Let's just hope we get more pieces for him next season.
- WRs: Still LOVE this group. Hagan needs to make that TD catch and Bey dropped an easy pass but who knows if that's not due to lack of concentration after probably being down 34 by that point.

Bad/Ugly/Treat Like A Horse w/ A Broken Leg:

Everything on defense.
Brisel's false starts
The defense
Ray Rice not getting me the fantasy points I expected after watching Doug Martin make us look like a women's team.
The defense.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2634
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone thought of conditioning being a factor? I mean this has been the only game where we have either lead or been close at the half. Plus I'm pretty sure we've given up the most points in the third. Could it be that our guys are tired(in addition to not making second half adjustments.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5264
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Has anyone thought of conditioning being a factor? I mean this has been the only game where we have either lead or been close at the half. Plus I'm pretty sure we've given up the most points in the third. Could it be that our guys are tired(in addition to not making second half adjustments.)


No. Something is logistically amiss. The Raiders haven't played well in a morning game heading east for a decade. They always come out flat. Always. This phenomenon costs the Raiders 1 or 2 games a year alone. It must be hard to find a weed guy you can trust on the road at 7 o'clock in the morning or something.
_________________
2013 Mancrush: DT Richardson, OT Joeckel, FS Vaccaro, FS Rambo, WR Dobson, RB Michael, TE McDonald, OT Foketi, WR Swope
Raidin wrote:
My love for Rod is growing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3573
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
bitty wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
bitty wrote:
You guys are funny talking about 17th pick in the first round like it would've made a difference. Hue still would've been fired.The coaching will still suck. The Raiders will be in a worse situation with out Palmer.
No way its the 17th pick it would have been top 10 probably could have picked Claiborne. 17th? Really with Boller and Pryor? No way.


So what would he do to make this team better play 5 Positions?
No he would play one position and then we would draft a player with our second pick this year and hopefully fill 2 positions with great prospects that reggie has picked, and 40% of the problem is solved, which is progress, and progress is good. Idea

Instead we are doing the same thing we have done in the past paying above average players elite money(Palmer) which won't get you very far.



So you rather have a CB and Second round pick then the quarterback and most important position on the field.
In the last ten years the Raiders have had some good CBs and some great ones where has that gotten us? The longest streak of 10 losses a year in NFLs history.
You build a team around a QB not a CB.
Before you say the Raiders should draft one when was last time the Raiders ever developed a QB ?

You're right about doing the same we've done in the past and having the same results but it's not the QB it's hiring poor coaches.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3573
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
The GM and HC are going to run around like rats trying to save their jobs. They're going to blame everyone for this failure.
Not one of them will take responsibility for the way this team played tonight.


Really? Who is taking them.... Mark Davis? Let's use our head for 1 minute. You really think Mark Davis who appointed the GM at the recommendation of guys like Wolfe and Madden is going to drop him after 1 season?

It doesn't take a genius to see that this team is a talentless wasteland and will take 2-3 years to just be competitive. They needed blown up and that process is about 20% complete. The honey moon period hasn't even started to this point for Reggie.

When he has the roster turned over in his image and he has drafted some higher picks that can be judged as 'franchise players' then the verdicts can begin to role in.

Right now, it sucks how lousy this team is. But it was inevitable. This season was about finding out which players they can build around. This offseason will being the process of turning over the roster now that they have resources to do so. But it will take additional years to bring it all together.


The Raiders broke the record for the worst loss in the history of the franchise not once but twice this year and in between the Raiders got killed by Tampa Bay.

The coaching staff has not only not fixed any problems but they made more problems the defense,offense and special teams have taken a huge step backwards there's blown coverages penalties players not trying hard on special teams.

Do you realize that the ravens scored on the fake field goal, an a kick off return and the Raiders fumbled the punt twice.
If that's not bad coaching I don't know what it is.

With New Orleans coming in this week you think any of the coaches fell like they have good job security?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21797
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
The GM and HC are going to run around like rats trying to save their jobs. They're going to blame everyone for this failure.
Not one of them will take responsibility for the way this team played tonight.


Really? Who is taking them.... Mark Davis? Let's use our head for 1 minute. You really think Mark Davis who appointed the GM at the recommendation of guys like Wolfe and Madden is going to drop him after 1 season?

It doesn't take a genius to see that this team is a talentless wasteland and will take 2-3 years to just be competitive. They needed blown up and that process is about 20% complete. The honey moon period hasn't even started to this point for Reggie.

When he has the roster turned over in his image and he has drafted some higher picks that can be judged as 'franchise players' then the verdicts can begin to role in.

Right now, it sucks how lousy this team is. But it was inevitable. This season was about finding out which players they can build around. This offseason will being the process of turning over the roster now that they have resources to do so. But it will take additional years to bring it all together.


The Raiders broke the record for the worst loss in the history of the franchise not once but twice this year and in between the Raiders got killed by Tampa Bay.

The coaching staff has not only not fixed any problems but they made more problems the defense,offense and special teams have taken a huge step backwards there's blown coverages penalties players not trying hard on special teams.

Do you realize that the ravens scored on the fake field goal, an a kick off return and the Raiders fumbled the punt twice.
If that's not bad coaching I don't know what it is.

With New Orleans coming in this week you think any of the coaches fell like they have good job security?


Yes, because there is not an irrational owner ready to blow things up because a poor talent team can't win now. Some assistant coaches might be mixed up, but the HC is staying Dennis Allen and McKenzie will get time to put his pieces in place on the field.

And yes, coaching is part of the issue. But coaches can't field the punts. They can't tackle or cover ball carries. They can't rush the passer or block in the run game. THAT is a talent issue.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9837
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will we finally have a 1,000 yard receiver? Denarius has a pretty good shot sitting at 575 yards with 7 games to go, he only needs roughly 60 YPG. Myers will probably finish around 800, which is awesome for a TE that people had basically zero expectations from. Myers needs around 71 YPG to hit 1,000 which would be remarkable.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3573
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
The GM and HC are going to run around like rats trying to save their jobs. They're going to blame everyone for this failure.
Not one of them will take responsibility for the way this team played tonight.


Really? Who is taking them.... Mark Davis? Let's use our head for 1 minute. You really think Mark Davis who appointed the GM at the recommendation of guys like Wolfe and Madden is going to drop him after 1 season?

It doesn't take a genius to see that this team is a talentless wasteland and will take 2-3 years to just be competitive. They needed blown up and that process is about 20% complete. The honey moon period hasn't even started to this point for Reggie.

When he has the roster turned over in his image and he has drafted some higher picks that can be judged as 'franchise players' then the verdicts can begin to role in.

Right now, it sucks how lousy this team is. But it was inevitable. This season was about finding out which players they can build around. This offseason will being the process of turning over the roster now that they have resources to do so. But it will take additional years to bring it all together.


The Raiders broke the record for the worst loss in the history of the franchise not once but twice this year and in between the Raiders got killed by Tampa Bay.

The coaching staff has not only not fixed any problems but they made more problems the defense,offense and special teams have taken a huge step backwards there's blown coverages penalties players not trying hard on special teams.

Do you realize that the ravens scored on the fake field goal, an a kick off return and the Raiders fumbled the punt twice.
If that's not bad coaching I don't know what it is.

With New Orleans coming in this week you think any of the coaches fell like they have good job security?


Yes, because there is not an irrational owner ready to blow things up because a poor talent team can't win now. Some assistant coaches might be mixed up, but the HC is staying Dennis Allen and McKenzie will get time to put his pieces in place on the field.

And yes, coaching is part of the issue. But coaches can't field the punts. They can't tackle or cover ball carries. They can't rush the passer or block in the run game. THAT is a talent issue.


Not winning right now it's not the same as being humiliated on national TV they're about to break the record for most points given up in a season.
By your logic this is the least talented team ever in the history of NFL.
It's one thing for the least talented player to be beat on a play and it's another thing for them not to be lined up correctly,to have blown coverages, poor offense of play calling and poor defensive play call.
that's coaching
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11025
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's still people that value CBs as worthy first round picks? LOL....
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14339
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
The GM and HC are going to run around like rats trying to save their jobs. They're going to blame everyone for this failure.
Not one of them will take responsibility for the way this team played tonight.


Really? Who is taking them.... Mark Davis? Let's use our head for 1 minute. You really think Mark Davis who appointed the GM at the recommendation of guys like Wolfe and Madden is going to drop him after 1 season?

It doesn't take a genius to see that this team is a talentless wasteland and will take 2-3 years to just be competitive. They needed blown up and that process is about 20% complete. The honey moon period hasn't even started to this point for Reggie.

When he has the roster turned over in his image and he has drafted some higher picks that can be judged as 'franchise players' then the verdicts can begin to role in.

Right now, it sucks how lousy this team is. But it was inevitable. This season was about finding out which players they can build around. This offseason will being the process of turning over the roster now that they have resources to do so. But it will take additional years to bring it all together.


The Raiders broke the record for the worst loss in the history of the franchise not once but twice this year and in between the Raiders got killed by Tampa Bay.

The coaching staff has not only not fixed any problems but they made more problems the defense,offense and special teams have taken a huge step backwards there's blown coverages penalties players not trying hard on special teams.

Do you realize that the ravens scored on the fake field goal, an a kick off return and the Raiders fumbled the punt twice.
If that's not bad coaching I don't know what it is.

With New Orleans coming in this week you think any of the coaches fell like they have good job security?


Yes, because there is not an irrational owner ready to blow things up because a poor talent team can't win now. Some assistant coaches might be mixed up, but the HC is staying Dennis Allen and McKenzie will get time to put his pieces in place on the field.

And yes, coaching is part of the issue. But coaches can't field the punts. They can't tackle or cover ball carries. They can't rush the passer or block in the run game. THAT is a talent issue.


Not winning right now it's not the same as being humiliated on national TV they're about to break the record for most points given up in a season.
By your logic this is the least talented team ever in the history of NFL.
It's one thing for the least talented player to be beat on a play and it's another thing for them not to be lined up correctly,to have blown coverages, poor offense of play calling and poor defensive play call.
that's coaching


i question if we needed a more experienced coaching staff. esp at dc and hc. knapp is just a lost cause imo
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group