Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The bad, The Ugly, and the Uglier...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
bitty wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Samcro wrote:
Mike brisel .

He was actually good in Houston too. Wonder what happened.
I'm starting to wonder if he only did good because of how good everyone else on that line was. They had the best line in the league, hands down.

There is a reason why Houston let him leave.

So is that why Houston let Eric Winston leave too? The reason the Texans didn't bring both players back is because they don't have the cap space to do so. They have a lot of good young players needing new contracts.

Well I guess they're replaceable, much like Mario.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
bitty wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Samcro wrote:
Mike brisel .

I'm starting to wonder if he only did good because of how good everyone else on that line was. They had the best line in the league, hands down.

So is that why Houston let Eric Winston leave too? The reason the Texans didn't bring both players back is because they don't have the cap space to do so. They have a lot of good young players needing new contracts.

Nah.. I remember Texan fans were pretty consensus on the fact that Brisiel was tough, but average at best. In fact most if not all of them agreed he was the weakest player on that line. Looks like an orange, tastes like an orange, it's an orange. I see exactly what they saw.

Wisniewski needs to go back to guard. Carlisle needs to leave already. A center of legitimate skill needs to be picked up, RT too. When those moves are done maybe just maybe this line can approach average. Replacing Brisiel with a better player could also help, because the guy is average at best and was a total wreck today.

And that is only the woes of the Oline.. Wow.

Allen and McKenzie really did very little to improve this team. I see that now. Even the moves they made have added little to nothing. No matter the realm of excuses they could use, they still have done very little well so far.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
bitty wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Samcro wrote:
Mike brisel .

But he didn't sign for a lot.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Darkness wrote:
bitty wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Samcro wrote:
Mike brisel .

But he didn't sign for a lot.

He's a ZBS RG that signed for 5 million a year here I think? The Texans don't have the cap space to pay that.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Nah.. I remember Texan fans were pretty consensus on the fact that Brisiel was tough, but average at best. In fact most if not all of them agreed he was the weakest player on that line. Looks like an orange, tastes like an orange, it's an orange. I see exactly what they saw.

I really doubt Texan fans would say that. He developed into a quality starter for them during his last 2 seasons after a rough start to his career.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:

I really doubt Texan fans would say that. He developed into a quality starter for them during his last 2 seasons after a rough start to his career.

That's exactly what almost all of them said, in their forum, right when we signed him. Feel free to go ask.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Living in Texas, I watch a lot of Texans games. He probably felt more comfortable with the line around him, but from an individual standpoint, he did his job very well. It also helps when good run plays are being called.

So when did you leave the bay area? Just kidding, i'm sure you're not who they think you are.

Born and raised in Fresno until 2 years ago when I had to move to Austin. Couldn't find work in CA after some poor life choices. I love it here though.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:

That's exactly what almost all of them said, in their forum, right when we signed him. Feel free to go ask.

They said he was "average at best"?
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Yea I actually remember Texan's fans saying that too. They said he was just average.

Funny thing is, he hasn't even been average for us. He's been pretty bad, and playing next to Willie Smith isn't helping him.

holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Either go to the forum and ask for yourself, or give it a rest.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Either go to the forum and ask for yourself, or give it a rest.

Geez. Fans like to undersell players when leaving their team. I saw him open up huge holes for the Texans rushing attack. Elitetexan seems pretty knowledgeable. I'll ask him what he thinks.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
^^ Couldn't wait to pile it on Wheeler. He's not great, but he is far from being a player who needs to be cut. He's been one of the better players on defense despite today.

You say that like this was his only bad game.

No point in cutting him, but he ain't coming back.

Why isn't he coming back? They could extend him for a value contract. He's a role player. YOu have to have those. Not every player can be a start and he's one of the better players on defense.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
^^ Couldn't wait to pile it on Wheeler. He's not great, but he is far from being a player who needs to be cut. He's been one of the better players on defense despite today.

Why isn't he coming back? They could extend him for a value contract. He's a role player. YOu have to have those. Not every player can be a start and he's one of the better players on defense.

I agree. Considering he signed here for a 1 year contract, we should still be able to bring him back for a reasonable deal to at least give us depth.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was literally no way Reggie could have improved this team talent wise. Now coaching is a different story, but I don't see how anyone but AD can get the blame for the current state of our roster, he left Reggie nothing to work with, an I mean nothing.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I agree. Considering he signed here for a 1 year contract, we should still be able to bring him back for a reasonable deal to at least give us depth.

Exactly. And you can't fix the entire roster in 1 offseason, so you need some holdovers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: