Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade up for geno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of loading up held for Kolb for one last go around for several reasons.

Even IF we lose out, we aren't leap frogging the teams suggested. That would leave us with a bunch of reaches at QB.

Meanwhile, there are LEGIT OLINEMEN who will be available. Blue chippers who can help us right away.

Kevin Kolb may not be a franchise QB, but he's good enough to win in a division with Smith, Bradford and Wilson.

We are the least physical team in our division, and Geno Smith doesn't help us with that. Teams push us around. Keep the extra picks and load up on offensive line and LBs.

Then if we tank yet again, just hope the 2014 QB class is better (which chances are, it will be.).

My problem isn't really with Kolb's play but his inability to stay healthy. We gave a huge salary to a guy that can't seem to give us more than half a season. How Kolb, Potter, and Wells finish out this season will make a huge impact on how we'll proceed this off season.

I don't think Geno Smith could have stayed healthy behind a line sporting Bastiste and Snyder with a rookie RT, a regressing OC and a veteran LG.

Obviously, if Kolb comes back and sucks it up, then you move on but if he's anywhere close to where he was at the begining of the year plus improved pass pro, we're in business.

I love Geno Smith as much as the next guy, but lets see this all play out. Still a lot of chips left to fall...member 1-6 last year and all the Luck talk?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of loading up held for Kolb for one last go around for several reasons.

Even IF we lose out, we aren't leap frogging the teams suggested. That would leave us with a bunch of reaches at QB.

Meanwhile, there are LEGIT OLINEMEN who will be available. Blue chippers who can help us right away.

Kevin Kolb may not be a franchise QB, but he's good enough to win in a division with Smith, Bradford and Wilson.

We are the least physical team in our division, and Geno Smith doesn't help us with that. Teams push us around. Keep the extra picks and load up on offensive line and LBs.

Then if we tank yet again, just hope the 2014 QB class is better (which chances are, it will be.).

My problem isn't really with Kolb's play but his inability to stay healthy. We gave a huge salary to a guy that can't seem to give us more than half a season. How Kolb, Potter, and Wells finish out this season will make a huge impact on how we'll proceed this off season.

I don't think Geno Smith could have stayed healthy behind a line sporting Bastiste and Snyder with a rookie RT, a regressing OC and a veteran LG.

Obviously, if Kolb comes back and sucks it up, then you move on but if he's anywhere close to where he was at the begining of the year plus improved pass pro, we're in business.

I love Geno Smith as much as the next guy, but lets see this all play out. Still a lot of chips left to fall...member 1-6 last year and all the Luck talk?

Except Kolb's injuries really haven't been caused by protection. It's not the wear and tear that results from bad protection. This year he fell on top of a ball, last year he got tapped in the back in the head and got concussed and also got turf toe I believe.

I'm not advocating for Geno just saying we're not likely to see Kolb go 16 games next year regardless of protection he gets and we've got a lot of money tied up in him.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb is not coming back under his current contract. That will have to be worked out before Kolb comes back for 2013.

Justo on the sig
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Kolb is not coming back under his current contract. That will have to be worked out before Kolb comes back for 2013.

I was thinking the same thing. Graves and Kolb have to work out a new deal.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb will have a choice, work for less, or be unemployed.

Simple decison.

He has already made heaps of coin from us, should be arrested for robbery.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona is probably Kolb's best shot at starting next year. It's awfully early and this is nothing but speculation but I think Kolb comes back next year under a restructured contract with the ability to cut him with minimal to no financial constraints. A lot can change, but that's sort of how I see things shaking out.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:

Yup. He's got a 2.5 million dollar bonus due in March and a massive 2013 salary that we surely will not pay. We're gonna see this issue addressed very early next offseason as we literally cannot afford to drag our feet.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Arizona is probably Kolb's best shot at starting next year. It's awfully early and this is nothing but speculation but I think Kolb comes back next year under a restructured contract with the ability to cut him with minimal to no financial constraints. A lot can change, but that's sort of how I see things shaking out.

It might actually be a situation in which a player and agent would sing an incentive heavy contract with few guarantees.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb has played well in a few games but he still makes throws that are mind-blowingly BAD. Throws that an NFL QB shouldn't throw once... The injuries to his head and chest will affect him for the rest of his career. I think we release him and move on. Go with Vick, Skelton, Lindley or draft a QB.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Kolb has played well in a few games but he still makes throws that are mind-blowingly BAD. Throws that an NFL QB shouldn't throw once... The injuries to his head and chest will affect him for the rest of his career. I think we release him and move on. Go with Vick, Skelton, Lindley or draft a QB.

I'd rather go with Kolb than any of those three.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I'd rather go with Kolb than any of those three.

Seconded, Lindley has up side so he would stay no matter what. Skelton, we have seen him, he is a RFA next year so unless someone offers a lot for him.

Not sure where the Mike Vick love is coming from. He has done some great stuff over the past couple of years, but what has he really done? Is our line any better than Philly's, can Vick thrive in our system like Reid's, we have proof in Kolb that they are different systems.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Andy Reid, Michael Vick suffered a quote, "significant" concussion yesterday.

If we're dumping Kolb due in part to concussions, we probably shouldn't go chasing Vick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
According to Andy Reid, Michael Vick suffered a quote, "significant" concussion yesterday.

If we're dumping Kolb due in part to concussions, we probably shouldn't go chasing Vick.

He might even retire...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to bring in Reid as an O coordinator and pair him with Kolb again, but Reid will probably nab another head job.

In all actually, the man should probably take a year or two off after everything his family has been through.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want nothing to do with Andy Reid. Nothing. Lesean McCoy touches that ball 15 times a game. That's a freakin joke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: