Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade up for geno
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Trade up for geno Reply with quote

How much would it cost to do it?

matthouston91 made it!
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade up for geno Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:

I'm not sold that he is worth trading up for.

Justo on the sig
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think he worth it. Don't see him on the same level as Luck and Griffen.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade up for geno Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
DDOCKETT90 wrote:

I'm not sold that he is worth trading up for.

Me either. West Virginia's on a 4 game losing streak and Smith's play in those 4 games is a big drop off from when he started. He's not playing horrible but it's worrying that his play dropped once he started playing tougher opponents.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he's even attainable, personally. KC-Jax have zero incentive to trade out of Geno Smith.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing here is; Say we do trade up, we get Geno. What do we do about the offensive line?
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I doubt he's even attainable, personally. KC-Jax have zero incentive to trade out of Geno Smith.

Jax could being they have so many holes but KC will have #1 IMO. We could trade up for Joeckel at 2-3 but I'd rather wait for Lewan than dump picks. Again Potter playing well makes our 1st round pick way less complicated.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
The biggest thing here is; Say we do trade up, we get Geno. What do we do about the offensive line?

Pray or buy a lotto ticket.

Hope that Potter is at least NFL average and draft OL in rounds 3 - 5 (assuming it costs 2nd to get up to take him).
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For as bad as every other QB has been besides Smith, QB is such a valuable commodity and there is a lot of time left for them to impress and work their way into the top 10. Someone between Bray, Wilson and Barkley will separate themselves from the pack between now and the draft and build their buzz into a high pick.

Justo on the sig
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Hope that Potter is at least NFL average and draft OL in rounds 3 - 5 (assuming it costs 2nd to get up to take him).

I'm probably being unrealistic regarding Potter. Its been 2.5 quarters and I'm talking about an undersized 7th round rookie holding his own. Even if he does play at an average level we could still take a Tackle early. Even Massie looked solid until defenses figured him out. Potter will probably get exposed.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade up for geno Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:

Trade up for Joeckel.
I'd rather have Barkley anyhow.
JeremyB80

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Khodder you said it best Levi Brown will be coming back, we have potter who might turn into something and massie that is turning into something, just our guards and centers need work and we can get starters later at guard and espically center

Amazing thank you going to MoJo122-b-21 for this sick signature!!!
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of loading up held for Kolb for one last go around for several reasons.

Even IF we lose out, we aren't leap frogging the teams suggested. That would leave us with a bunch of reaches at QB.

Meanwhile, there are LEGIT OLINEMEN who will be available. Blue chippers who can help us right away.

Kevin Kolb may not be a franchise QB, but he's good enough to win in a division with Smith, Bradford and Wilson.

We are the least physical team in our division, and Geno Smith doesn't help us with that. Teams push us around. Keep the extra picks and load up on offensive line and LBs.

Then if we tank yet again, just hope the 2014 QB class is better (which chances are, it will be.).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of loading up held for Kolb for one last go around for several reasons.

Even IF we lose out, we aren't leap frogging the teams suggested. That would leave us with a bunch of reaches at QB.

Meanwhile, there are LEGIT OLINEMEN who will be available. Blue chippers who can help us right away.

Kevin Kolb may not be a franchise QB, but he's good enough to win in a division with Smith, Bradford and Wilson.

We are the least physical team in our division, and Geno Smith doesn't help us with that. Teams push us around. Keep the extra picks and load up on offensive line and LBs.

Then if we tank yet again, just hope the 2014 QB class is better (which chances are, it will be.).

My problem isn't really with Kolb's play but his inability to stay healthy. We gave a huge salary to a guy that can't seem to give us more than half a season. How Kolb, Potter, and Wells finish out this season will make a huge impact on how we'll proceed this off season.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeremyB80 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Khodder you said it best Levi Brown will be coming back, we have potter who might turn into something and massie that is turning into something, just our guards and centers need work and we can get starters later at guard and espically center

So now we are going to trust a guy we have never trusted in the past who is coming off a severe upper arm injury, he will either be in a new position or one of the guys we are "hopeful" for is not on the field. We are going to trust a mid round and late round 2nd year players at both our tackles spots?

We are going to continue to trust Colledge and Snyder at guard?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: