Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No redskins on NFL's top dropped passes list...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: No redskins on NFL's top dropped passes list... Reply with quote

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

Cruz had another one today, he is tied for the NFL lead.

Nice to see that there are no redskins in this list. Yes, we had a bad week in Pburgh but overall our guys have been pretty sure handed this year.

Hankerson has 4. Morgan 3.

I don't see Moss on this list... Very Happy Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: No redskins on NFL's top dropped passes list... Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

Nice to see that there are no redskins in this list. Yes, we had a bad week in Pburgh but overall our guys have been pretty sure handed this year.

Which frankly does not make sense, because I seem to recall a handful of drops. Moss' catch percentage is not great (63%). To put it in perspective, Hankerson is constantly argued to be inconsistent, but he has the same catch percentage. Only Aldrick Robinson, a deep threat who has half the targets, and Logan Paulsen have lower catch percentages.

Regardless, there have been drive killing drops by this unit, and Hankerson, Moss, Morgan, Paulsen and even Garcon have all had them. The most consistent receivers have been Fred Davis and Josh Morgan.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: No redskins on NFL's top dropped passes list... Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Which frankly does not make sense, because I seem to recall a handful of drops. Moss' catch percentage is not great (63%). To put it in perspective, Hankerson is constantly argued to be inconsistent, but he has the same catch percentage. Only Aldrick Robinson, a deep threat who has half the targets, and Logan Paulsen have lower catch percentages.

Regardless, there have been drive killing drops by this unit, and Hankerson, Moss, Morgan, Paulsen and even Garcon have all had them. The most consistent receivers have been Fred Davis and Josh Morgan.
i definitely agree. Again though, to me it seems we just had a bad game vs the steelers. The wrs are not going to catch every single pass thrown to them.

Maybe Hankerson has more targets than Moss?? I don't know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: No redskins on NFL's top dropped passes list... Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

i definitely agree. Again though, to me it seems we just had a bad game vs the steelers. The wrs are not going to catch every single pass thrown to them.

Maybe Hankerson has more targets than Moss?? I don't know.

38 targets for Moss, 41 for Hankerson - Hankerson has two more catches with three more targets, according to espn.go.com.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: No redskins on NFL's top dropped passes list... Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

38 targets for Moss, 41 for Hankerson - Hankerson has two more catches with three more targets, according to espn.go.com.
must be 3 more targets and 2 more drops for Hank then. I don't know...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Catch rate isn't the same thing as dropped passes:

Quote:
DYAR and DVOA include all passes intended for the receiver, both complete and incomplete. Catch Rate represents the percentage of passes to this receiver completed. This is a reference to incomplete passes, not dropped passes: dropped passes are not specified in publicly available play-by-play, and unfortunately we cannot yet correct for this.
what I'm getting from this is basically red skins fans hold moss to a higher standard than other wrs. They think everything thrown his way is catchable, they don't do that with other wrs. IMO some are looking for ways to target him.

No doubt he's not perfect, but no wr or player for that matter is.

DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: No redskins on NFL's top dropped passes list... Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

must be 3 more targets and 2 more drops for Hank then. I don't know...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Catch rate isn't the same thing as dropped passes:

Quote:
DYAR and DVOA include all passes intended for the receiver, both complete and incomplete. Catch Rate represents the percentage of passes to this receiver completed. This is a reference to incomplete passes, not dropped passes: dropped passes are not specified in publicly available play-by-play, and unfortunately we cannot yet correct for this.
what I'm getting from this is basically red skins fans hold moss to a higher standard than other wrs. They think everything thrown his way is catchable, they don't do that with other wrs. IMO some are looking for ways to target him.

No doubt he's not perfect, but no wr or player for that matter is.

I personally believe an NFL WR should catch every pass that hits him in the hands. Have never deviated from this outlook for anybody. There is no conspiracy against Moss. There is no "different standard" for Moss. But I expect professional NFL players to approach the game like professionals and play like pros. Dropping passes for any WR is the same as a K missing kicks. Sure it is going to happen, but you expect them to make the catch every time it hits them in the hands, period.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a guy like Moss, who has smaller hands than most WR's, catching a ball should be more difficult. While Hankerson should have no excuses. The dude has monster hands. He should catch everything and anything that comes near him, and he almost dropped the TD pass that he was wide open for against St. Louis.

The dude needs to spend loads of time with the Jugs machine and RGIII this offseason to get his mechanics down when it comes to catching a football.
I think he can amount to something big, but sometimes his hands just dont show up while the rest of his body does.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Griff3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Moss is fine Reply with quote

He's at the end of his tenure with the Redskins, and he has been our most consistent receiver for the past 7 years. Some of his drops can be accredited to Griffin sort of throwing away from him, in the middle of the field. That's a very dangerous spot to get blown up by a safety.

However I expect more from the youngsters Aldrick, and Hankerson. Aldrick was supposed to be our deep threat, but I've seen him drop at least 2 of those till now. He should be trying harder in this replace the second you fail league. As for Hankerson I am more worried about that fact that he doesn't fight for the ball as a big receiver. So many times, I've seen DB's wrestle the ball away from him, while he sort of doesn't try. If he can learn to be more aggressive, he has the chance to be somewhat like a Larry Fitzgerald type player.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Moss is fine Reply with quote

Griff3 wrote:
He's at the end of his tenure with the Redskins, and he has been our most consistent receiver for the past 7 years. Some of his drops can be accredited to Griffin sort of throwing away from him, in the middle of the field. That's a very dangerous spot to get blown up by a safety.

However I expect more from the youngsters Aldrick, and Hankerson. Aldrick was supposed to be our deep threat, but I've seen him drop at least 2 of those till now. He should be trying harder in this replace the second you fail league. As for Hankerson I am more worried about that fact that he doesn't fight for the ball as a big receiver. So many times, I've seen DB's wrestle the ball away from him, while he sort of doesn't try. If he can learn to be more aggressive, he has the chance to be somewhat like a Larry Fitzgerald type player.

But this being his second year, those things are really hindering his progress and before you know it, he will be 4th on the depth chart because he just cant seem to grasp it.

Needs to be more enthusiasm to get better and not just settle on making it to the NFL.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it time, both Robinson and Hankerson are rookies as far as playing time goes. I expect Hank to start opposite Garcon next year, and Robinson to be the #3 and main deep threat.

Morgan and Briscoe will see significant time next year also. Then, We will find a true special teams ace who's quick and fast as well to replace Banks. Someone who can return and be a gunner. I still like Dubose from Florida. He should be around late in the draft.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Moss is fine Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Griff3 wrote:

But this being his second year, those things are really hindering his progress and before you know it, he will be 4th on the depth chart because he just cant seem to grasp it.

Needs to be more enthusiasm to get better and not just settle on making it to the NFL.

Great new sig mike ,very fresh! Cool

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: