Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Chargers @ Tampa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kramxel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed how Norv has kept his job from week to week...

This team just spells WRONG every single week, and it's clear there's a psichological barrier they aren't beeing able to cross.... and that falls entirely on the coaching staff.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
BoltsFan937

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never in all my years watching this team (plus 30 years if you're wondering) not cared as much as I don't this season. Even the horrible 2-14 seasons I actually gave a pooh, I just don't anymore. Week to week I expect us to lose the only question is when are the special teams gonna falter, when is Rivers gonna throw that fatal pick, when is mathews gonna fumble or what bonehead decision is Norv gonna make to cost us the game. At least when Marty was here we expected or at least believed we had a chance to win every week....those days are over
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramxel wrote:
I'm amazed how Norv has kept his job from week to week...

This team just spells WRONG every single week, and it's clear there's a psichological barrier they aren't beeing able to cross.... and that falls entirely on the coaching staff.

Because Dean is ULTRA conservative about any kind of change and truth be told he wants to believe that Norv can still salvage this and turn things around.

He won't give up on Norv until we are mathematically eliminated from being able to make it into the playoffs - and even then he might not make it official till the end of the season because we literally have maybe one other coach on the team capable of calling the offense using the same playbook and that guy's in his first season with the team. Hal Hunter is offensive coordinator in name only - just like Shelmon was, he's a glorified position coach (and not a very good one at that).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda want Pagano as our next HC, been around for a while and has really turned the D around. Would really need a good OC though. I think we need another Coryell disciple (I don't think we should change to a WCO or anything all of a sudden). Any ones around besides (likely fired) Chud?

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Kinda want Pagano as our next HC, been around for a while and has really turned the D around. Would really need a good OC though. I think we need another Coryell disciple (I don't think we should change to a WCO or anything all of a sudden). Any ones around besides (likely fired) Chud?

The only pure Coryell's out there other than ours are in Dallas (Garrett learned under the wing of Norvall) and Carolina.

I don't know that we should change to a pure WCO, but quite frankly I think a tweak in scheme would do Rivers a bit of good - force him to learn a new way of doing things and the opportunity to develop new/better habits rather than trying to teach the old dog new tricks in the same system.

Other offenses that have shown some heavy Coryell tendencies are Gailey's in Buffalo, Oakland's (that's the Al Saunders influence), Koetter's in Atlanta (more vertical-based than pure Coryell, but it has options that I particularly like and think could work well here), and Mike Sullivan's in Tampa (largely because Sullivan is a Gilbride pupil, thus the connection to Coryell).

I personally want Ken Zampese. His father was a Coryell disciple and ran one of the prettiest variants on an Air Coryell I've ever seen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: