Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Saints vs Falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Saint-Anger_13


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 314
Location: Fairfax, IA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do... Do my eyes deceive me? Did the Saints just win? Shocked

Oh blessed are those who keep the faith Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
Do... Do my eyes deceive me? Did the Saints just win? Shocked

Oh blessed are those who keep the faith Very Happy


WHODAT
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major props to a couple players today...

We all know about Brees, Graham etc but how bout these guys...

Charles Brown
WIll Smith
Brodrick Bunkley
Cam Jordan
Curtis Lofton
Corey White
Chris Ivory
Mark Ingram

Great job guys!!!
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was such a pleasant surprise to come home to. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
This was such a pleasant surprise to come home to. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


everywhere right now people are adjusting there Mock Drafts! Laughing
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 11016
Location: Springdale, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ignore the yards allowed, it looks like the defense is slowly coming together. Front four getting better pressure, corners and safeties getting hands on balls (how about the Harper break up of Gonzales's catch in the endzone?), huge goal line stands...it just takes time. This is why I don't want Spags gone. With a focused offseason and first round pick, this defense can get a lot better.

And I am loving the focused run attack as well! About time they start getting the ball to Ivory more, and they need to more.
_________________

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
And I am loving the focused run attack as well! About time they start getting the ball to Ivory more, and they need to more.


Will this finally be the year that they stick too it? Far too often we have a couple games like this, but abandon the run after 1 bad series.

Hopefully the coaching staff sees what all of us fans see.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
If you ignore the yards allowed, it looks like the defense is slowly coming together. Front four getting better pressure, corners and safeties getting hands on balls (how about the Harper break up of Gonzales's catch in the endzone?), huge goal line stands...it just takes time. This is why I don't want Spags gone. With a focused offseason and first round pick, this defense can get a lot better.

And I am loving the focused run attack as well! About time they start getting the ball to Ivory more, and they need to more.


Harper made a play or two but for the most part of the game Ryan was exposing him in coverage. Quddus had one bad play where he wiffed on a tackle of Rodgers but other than that he was the better player and should be the starter oppsite Jenkins.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper made a play or two but for the most part of the game Ryan was exposing him in coverage.


That's the story of his career. If you keep him in coverage too much, QBs will pick up on it. He's usually pretty good in coverage in the redzone, but not in space. In space he really needs to be used as a 4th LBer.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper made a play or two but for the most part of the game Ryan was exposing him in coverage.


That's the story of his career. If you keep him in coverage too much, QBs will pick up on it. He's usually pretty good in coverage in the redzone, but not in space. In space he really needs to be used as a 4th LBer.


Could not agree more!

Redzone safety, Situational nickel linebacker but starting SS should be left to Quddus.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Saint-Anger_13


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 314
Location: Fairfax, IA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOoooo 9-7 anyone? Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
SOoooo 9-7 anyone? Cool


10-6 Twisted Evil
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Redzone safety, Situational nickel linebacker but starting SS should be left to Quddus.


For this year, sure. But next year, Quddus is moving to FS and White is taking over at SS. Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lifeinthaboot


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2016
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to predict anything when the defense gives up 450 a game. Great win though.
_________________
The Quote of the Month is: "Losing Creditability"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saint-Anger_13


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 314
Location: Fairfax, IA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 you need to get in the locker room with that drive. You could be like ĻI donīt care go out and hit someone!!!Ļ Just saying always glad to see the fight in here lol Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group