Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our Weekend just got spicier sponsored by M.Holmgren
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Our Weekend just got spicier sponsored by M.Holmgren Reply with quote

Mike Holmgren wants to coach Dallas Cowboys

Quote:
Mike Holmgren regularly told beat reporters in Cleveland he didn't want to coach the Browns during his three-year reign there because he didn't have the desire to return to the sideline.

It appears "The Walrus" has regained his fire.

Quote:
Sources close to Holmgren told La Canfora he's attracted to the role "given the competitiveness of the roster, the skill players present, and his long relationship with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones."

H.O.T.S.E.A.T.

Thoughts and opinions?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000092674/article/report-mike-holmgren-wants-to-coach-dallas-cowboys

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, just no! I like what Garrett is doing as a HC. If it isn't Sean Payton, I want to keep Garrett as the HC. I just want to see an OC brought in to take some pressure off of Garrett.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Nope, just no! I like what Garrett is doing as a HC. If it isn't Sean Payton, I want to keep Garrett as the HC. I just want to see an OC brought in to take some pressure off of Garrett.

This.

Garrett is a solid HC. We just need a new play caller.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no objection to The Walrus being coach as long as he isn't given exclusive control over personnel. His history in Green Bay and Seattle has shown that he can't handle both duties simultaneously and is much more efficient as a coach first, and a talent evaluator in his spare time. That being said, he was the only coach who could control Brett Favre and he made Matt Hasselbald into a legitimate QB.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a 1% chance of us actually having a new coach next year. If we did have 1, I wouldn't want Holmgren. Seriously guys, since we don't have a good GM, do you really want to bring in a coach that has a track record of having bad drafts?

Yes, like Plan pointed out, Holmgren controlled Favre. Sinc emany people think Romo plays a lot like Favre, they think that Holmgren could do the same thing with Romo. I don't see it. When Holmgren and Favre were together, Brett was in his mid 20's. Romo will be 33 at the start of next season. At this point in his career, he is what he is. A new coach isn't going to be able to rein him in and change him.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups
JWingate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we kidding that Jason Garrett is a good HC? He doesn't even know how to manage a game. Jason Garrett is meant for the front office not on the sideline.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmgren would be a good candidate should the Boys decide to go in a different direction. However, let's see how the season plays out. If the team regresses and show little to no progress, then all options should be on the table, including hiring Holmgren as head coach of the Cowboys. One thing that Holmgren has going for him is that he was able to reel in Brett Favre, and he might be able to do the same with Tony Romo.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmgren is a damn good HC. He is a GREAT QB evaluator. He would bring a different offense to Dallas, but that offense is more conducive to our horrendous OL. And, I would also say that I know for a fact that Holmgren would NOT have clock management issues at the end of games. And, I strongly believe that he would cut down on the offensive penalties.

DaBoys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Are we kidding that Jason Garrett is a good HC? He doesn't even know how to manage a game. Jason Garrett is meant for the front office not on the sideline.

I think a lot of that has to do with him doubling duties. He is trying to do to much, and it ultimately hurts the team. If he had someone else calling the plays, and he could focus solely on game and player management I think he would be at his best. What his best is.... idk.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! I can't wait to see what is posted if the Boys lose today.
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give consideration to Holmgren as HC only. Don't think he can juggle personnel decisions as well.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Holmgren would be a good candidate should the Boys decide to go in a different direction. However, let's see how the season plays out. If the team regresses and show little to no progress, then all options should be on the table, including hiring Holmgren as head coach of the Cowboys. One thing that Holmgren has going for him is that he was able to reel in Brett Favre, and he might be able to do the same with Tony Romo.

Pretty much 100% agree.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Holmgren can coach and anyone who thinks he isn't a big upgrade over Garrett is clueless..I would prefer Payton of course but Holmgren is a pretty good plan B..Unless Garrett somehow pulls a miracle and wins the division he is as good as gone..
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
JWingate wrote:

I think a lot of that has to do with him doubling duties. He is trying to do to much, and it ultimately hurts the team. If he had someone else calling the plays, and he could focus solely on game and player management I think he would be at his best. What his best is.... idk.

His best is getting guys motivated, a la Jimmy. In two years in Dallas, he has greatly changed the culture of this team.

I think if Jason would hand over the reigns of OC to either Callahan or a newer OC next season we'd really get to see the benefits of JG as the head coach. I just hope he isn't too stubborn to do so.

^^^mack
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cromagnum wrote:
Mike Holmgren can coach and anyone who thinks he isn't a big upgrade over Garrett is clueless..I would prefer Payton of course but Holmgren is a pretty good plan B..Unless Garrett somehow pulls a miracle and wins the division he is as good as gone..

I agree with everything except for the final point. Garrett will NOT loose his job unless the Cowboys fall flat and quit on him and as evidenced yesterday in Philly, that aint gonna happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: