Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SuperBowl Preview? Texans at Bears GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: SuperBowl Preview? Texans at Bears GDT Reply with quote

AFC DPOY

VS.

NFC DPOY

Top 5 back

VS

Top 5 back

Top 5 WR

Vs.

Top 5 WR

A heated GDT thus far in NFL General

Let's get the discussion rolling in here guys

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of the Texans’ offence putting up points and hurting us I’m not really worried…I don’t think there offence is close to what it was a year or two ago…they seem to have lost the ability to create explosive plays…

Matt Schaub’s average per throw has fallen from 8.5 YPA last year to 7.7 YPA this…

Arian Foster’s YPC has been in decline from 4.9 YPC in 2010 to 4.4 YPC last year down to 4.0 YPC this year…

Ben Tate has been slowed by injury this year and his average has fallen from 5.4 YPC last year to 4.1 YPC this year…

Andre Johnson’s injuries have taken their toll and his YPC is down from 14.9 YPC to 13.4 YPC this year…

Even tho Owen Daniels numbers are similar to the rest of his career you just get the impression he isn’t the player he was a couple of years ago after his injury woes…

As a team they have only had 21 passing plays over 20 yards (25th in the NFL) & 6 rushing plays over 20 yards (12th in the NFL)...

Their offence just seems a little one paced right now and if we can take away their running game…which we have with everyone else this year…I don’t feel Johnson has enough left in the tank to hurt us going up against Tillman…we have really stopped TEs hurting us much so I would expect us to take away Daniels with Hayden playing NB to match up size wise…then the Texans’ have been crying out for a #2 for years but still only have Kevin Walters out there and he won’t get the best of Jennings either…

Where their offence does scare me is that they are one of the best in the league at protecting the ball…Schaub has only fumbled once this year and he didn’t lose the ball…he has also only thrown 4 INTs on the year…Foster hasn’t fumbled all year and Tate has only fumbled the ball once…that’s only 5 turnovers…add to that the fact Schaub has only been sacked 10 times on the season and it’s going to make creating turnovers harder than it has been…now that works both ways since the Texans haven’t faced a team who rush the passer as well as us or create turnovers at the staggering rate we do but we have to win the turnover battle if we are going to win this game and that means forcing the Texans to do something they just haven't been doing.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as my post about our D against their Offence was pretty positive…my thoughts on our O against their D isn’t so good…

JJ Watt & Antonio Smith and right there with Justin Smith & Ray McDonald out in San Fran as the best set of 3-4 DEs in the NFL…Antonio Smith might be one of the more underrated Dlinemen in the NFL…Watt is just a flat out beast…both guys will put pressure on our Oline from the first too the last snap of the game…at NT they aren’t anywhere near as strong and I think we have to take advantage of that using Michael Bush to pound there D right up the gut where not only is there NT a potential weakness but now that they are missing Brian Cushing we should be looking to take advantage of Tim Dobbins & Bradie James inside…at OLB they have depth with young talent who can all cause our OTs problems…if we focus too much on Watt & Smith inside Barwin, Brooks & Mercilus will hurt us on the outside…Davis & Spaeth have to be on their game in protection to help the OTs out in pass pro…in the secondary they have some talent in Joseph but as good as he is I like the match up of Marshall against any CB...I think Jackson as the #2 CB is a bit of a weak link but unless we get Jeffrey back we might not have the fire power to take advantage of it…most importantly if there is any coach who knows the weaknesses of Danieal Manning game better than anyone it’s Lovie Smith…hopefully we can take advantage of that knowledge…

As highly ranked as the Texans’ D is in terms of yards they can’t create turnovers the way we do…on the season they have 9 INTs & 7 FF compared to our 17 INTs & 16 FFs…our offence can’t afford to give the ball away cheaply tho in this game…we have to use Bush to pound the ball inside then when they start to collapse inside to stop him get the ball out quickly to our playmakers on the outside…Jay can’t hold the ball for any length of time or he will be sacked or forced into a bad throw as the Texans have almost as many sacks on the year as we do…Jay has to play smart…as I said before the turnover battle is key.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offensively, game plan this week has to start w/ the run game. Forte is averaging 5.0 ypc on the season of RBs w/ at least 100 carries only Doug Martin and Adrian Peterson are doing better. Tice HAS to stop going stretches where he just stops running the football. I don't want to see any 3 and outs of 3 consecutive pass plays, put the ball in Matt Forte's hands and good things happen. Roll outs and moving pockets a necessity this week, make their DL adjust to what we do, don't allow them to dictate our playbook. OTs have to man up and handle the guys they have a near 100 lb and 5" advantage over, for pete's sake Gabe at least get out of your stance and make the OLB go around you, no short corners. They don't have a player who can cover Kellen Davis, catch the fn football. Jay has to get the ball to Alshon if they are bracketing Marshall, can't repeat the GB and continue to try to force the ball to Brandon, especially when Alshon is getting single coverage on the opposite side.

On defense, do what we do. Their OL is very good, but they like to cut block, DL needs to make em pay when they do. Our guys are far too athletic to let somebody block them below the waist. I have full confidence that Peanut can take AJ out of the game, that means TJ has to be able to handle Walter w/ safety help over the top. Schaub will be patient, he will throw the ball into the holes in the zones, everybody has to run to the football and tackle.

STs needs to special again this week. Its time for a big return.

TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make prettier GDT's.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
I make prettier GDT's.

Why don't you have an avatar?

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
I make prettier GDT's.

Why don't you have an avatar?

Why don't you have any friends?

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
I make prettier GDT's.
welcome back ty, I thought you had 1 more day so I made one up

TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
I make prettier GDT's.
welcome back ty, I thought you had 1 more day so I made one up

No worries. I call next week's!

bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will all come down to what offensive line decides to show up. If it's the one against Carolina this could get ugly. Easily the toughest team we've played so far. I still don't think the Texans will put up over 20 on us. We need 4th quarter Jay to become all game Jay.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we win this one, to be honest. JJ Watt should have a field day.

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: SuperBowl Preview? Texans at Bears GDT Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

Let's get the discussion rolling in here guys

Pittsburgh will find some way to get into the playoffs and beat the Texans.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
This will all come down to what offensive line decides to show up. If it's the one against Carolina this could get ugly. Easily the toughest team we've played so far. I still don't think the Texans will put up over 20 on us. We need 4th quarter Jay to become all game Jay.
I agree with all of this.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alshon Jeffery (hand) will reportedly be held out of this week's game versus the Texans "as a precautionary measure."

There's a "slight chance" Jeffery will play Sunday night, but the team is leaning toward protecting him from re-injury for one more week. The rookie's injury did not require surgery, but he's been wearing a cast. Neither Devin Hester nor Earl Bennett has topped 50 yards in a game with Jeffery out of the lineup.

Looks like it will be the San Fran game before we see Alshon.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Alshon Jeffery (hand) will reportedly be held out of this week's game versus the Texans "as a precautionary measure."

There's a "slight chance" Jeffery will play Sunday night, but the team is leaning toward protecting him from re-injury for one more week. The rookie's injury did not require surgery, but he's been wearing a cast. Neither Devin Hester nor Earl Bennett has topped 50 yards in a game with Jeffery out of the lineup.

Looks like it will be the San Fran game before we see Alshon.

Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 1 of 51

Jump to: