Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Special Teams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXCowboys21Xx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Special Teams Reply with quote

Why do we seem to always struggle on Special Teams? For some reason we have great special teams coverage, however we can't get it done when the ball is in our hands. Does it fall on Joe DeCamillas? Hell, after everything that happened in the past, can you really fire this guy if it does fall on him? We have no threat as a returner. The only one I thought we had proved me wrong by his fumbling issues.

Thoughts?

^^BucsGetGaines on the dope sig
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time for DeCamillis to go... we've had to many blunders on ST's and not enough special plays ourself.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
GrassyKnoll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our special teams under Decamillis have been terrible. From the blocked punt last year against Arizona to the struggles this year we have been pitiful.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Special Teams that I forget about and don't think about. I don't care if they aren't returning kicks for touchdowns, etc... but I don't want them giving them up, getting downed inside the 15 yard line on kickoffs, getting punts blocked, missing important field goals... all of which has happened a lot this year. Joe D needs to go. I'm wondering if he has "tenure" from the neck thing.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So long as we are not talking about replacing L.P. Ladouceur, then I agree that a few things need to be done to fix the Special Teams.

1. We need a punt returner that can actually make someone miss and keep Dez Bryant on the sideline.

2. We need a kick returner that can actually get past the 20 on a consistent basis. That man is Dennis Johnson of Arkansas. He could be our backup RB and KR, replacing Felix Jones. DJ is the SEC's all-time leader in kick return yardage and is a good all around RB.

3. I think we need a new ST Coordinator. But, we all need to remember that it might be hard for Jerry Jones to fire DeCamillis, because of the whole broken neck thing. So, he might be around for a while.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 22 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Pass Break Up
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda uprising to see this thread after last week is like the first time we saw any kind of spark on returns.

I liked Lance Dunbar returning kicks last week, he looked good out there, let's just wait and see if he does it this week.

I've been sporting this Dunbar guy the whole time since pre-season and I and every game hes proving my faith right.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't we just put Cole Beasley at Punt Returner? I don't know if he has ever done it, but it seems like he would be a natural.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 22 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Pass Break Up
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Special teams coach D.J. Durkin. For those who don't follow College Football, back under the Urban Meyer tenure - Florida placed a heavy emphasis on Special Teams. Blocks, Returns, etc. Durkin has been around in one capacity or another. Since Meyers has left, Florida has had TEN (10) blocked punts or kicks. He knows hot to motivate and attack units. I want him as our Special Teams Coach.

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/staff/durkin

*Has Coached Justin Tuck

*Knows the importance of disruption plays like sacks and blocks.

*Produced Elite Special Teams Units

"Florida’s 2011 special teams unit blocked six kicks, which ranked sixth in the nation and marked the fifth time in six seasons, including both of Durkin’s seasons, that the Gators led the SEC in blocks."

"UF led the SEC in kickoff return average (26.3) as well as kickoff return touchdowns (2), sparked by redshirt freshman Andre Debose, who ranked 14th in the country in kickoff return average (28.0) and tied for second in kickoff return touchdowns (2). Debose’s two kickoff return scores also set a single-season UF record."

"Florida’s punt coverage unit allowed just 109 return yards on 51 punts and led the nation in net punting average during the regular season (second overall including bowl games)."

http://www.onlygators.com/tag/d-j-durkin/

"“I felt very good about what D.J. [Durkin] had for a [punt] block. I asked D.J. on the headsets, ‘Do you feel good about [us] getting there?’ He said, ‘Absolutely.’ So instead of taking this timeout after second down, I was going to take it to overtime and then try to block on third down. It just turns out it worked out well for us,” Muschamp explained.
"

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwayne Harris <\thread>
xXCowboys21Xx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, only if I would have known that they would have stepped up after my post, I would have done that a long time ago. I hope it continues.

^^BucsGetGaines on the dope sig
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris has been excellent on punt returns.
He has fair caught the ones he needed to, let the ones go over his head that he needed to and returned the ones he could included 2 big ones in 2 games. Even when he does not get a big return he is getting positive yards which is always a plus.

Hope he keeps it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: