Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beyond Reidemption mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7623
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and why would we ever trade a fifth round pick for Shaun Hill? We could find a vet backup in FA. Just.thought that was a bit weird


Just because Kendricks played in a colleg 3-4 doesnt mea. he could in the pros.....he's too small to play inside...and he's not much of a pass rusher. He could maybe
ake it work...
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21048
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Oh and why would we ever trade a fifth round pick for Shaun Hill? We could find a vet backup in FA. Just.thought that was a bit weird


Just because Kendricks played in a colleg 3-4 doesnt mea. he could in the pros.....he's too small to play inside...and he's not much of a pass rusher. He could maybe
ake it work...


Shaun Hill is, imo, one of the best backup/spot starters in the NFL. If Foles flames out midseason, then we could at least bring Hill in to manage the game and not throw away the season.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6855
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't like Rex Ryan.
Not sure about David Shaw as a head coach, either.

Colt Anderson is a decent gunner.
Somebody has to excel at ST.
Phillip Hunt is an adequate DE for depth. Same with Derek Landri.
You can't have high priced Pro Bowlers on the bench.
Trent Edwards is no worse that Shaun Hill.
If you get to your 3rd QB you have big problems anyway.
It is not that I really like any of the four above.
It just seems that change for change sake is just as bad as not change for not change sake.
If you scrap everybody you could wind up with a Chinese fire drill through the first six games.
I know it is fun to make moves, but calm down a little anyways.

Vick, Babin, Bell and Tapp should go.
I don't have any great love or hate for Avant.
He runs a lot of turn around in the seam patterns which means he isn't going to light it up.
But, he doesn't kill you, either. He has a Mark Bavaro function.
I can take him or leave him.

You can just lop off Gilberry and Hill.
Focus on major improvements, not nominal ones.

The draft is OK.
I haven't entirely decided who I like and who I don't all that much to this point.
I'll watch more as the Eagles drop out.
You have a lot of white guys, though. Looks like a Republican mock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:


And anyway, if I didn't do those moves, we'd only have 1 tackle on the roster - the tackle who has just come back from a double achillies rupture.


That's not a true statement.


So my depth chart would be:

Joeckel (Svitek) at LT
Peters (Dunlap) at RT

Given that I haven't posted that until now, how is it not a true statement?


There are at least 3 tackles on the roster before your free agency and draft. You need to do your homework.


Herremans? Nah he's a guard
Kelly? You really think he's a starter at T.

So where are these tackles?


So you are starting King Dunlap?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21048
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
I just don't like Rex Ryan.
Not sure about David Shaw as a head coach, either.

Colt Anderson is a decent gunner.
Somebody has to excel at ST.
Phillip Hunt is an adequate DE for depth. Same with Derek Landri.
You can't have high priced Pro Bowlers on the bench.
Trent Edwards is no worse that Shaun Hill.
If you get to your 3rd QB you have big problems anyway.
It is not that I really like any of the four above.
It just seems that change for change sake is just as bad as not change for not change sake.
If you scrap everybody you could wind up with a Chinese fire drill through the first six games.
I know it is fun to make moves, but calm down a little anyways.

Vick, Babin, Bell and Tapp should go.
I don't have any great love or hate for Avant.
He runs a lot of turn around in the seam patterns which means he isn't going to light it up.
But, he doesn't kill you, either. He has a Mark Bavaro function.
I can take him or leave him.

You can just lop off Gilberry and Hill.
Focus on major improvements, not nominal ones.

The draft is OK.
I haven't entirely decided who I like and who I don't all that much to this point.
I'll watch more as the Eagles drop out.
You have a lot of white guys, though. Looks like a Republican mock.


Hunt, Tapp, Landri etc I just don't see fitting in the 34 that would be the long term goal.

Hill see the post above.

On free agency, I wanted to get back to the shrewd signings - people who could contribute but wouldn't cost much.

And Laughing at the last comment
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21048
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:


And anyway, if I didn't do those moves, we'd only have 1 tackle on the roster - the tackle who has just come back from a double achillies rupture.


That's not a true statement.


So my depth chart would be:

Joeckel (Svitek) at LT
Peters (Dunlap) at RT

Given that I haven't posted that until now, how is it not a true statement?


There are at least 3 tackles on the roster before your free agency and draft. You need to do your homework.


Herremans? Nah he's a guard
Kelly? You really think he's a starter at T.

So where are these tackles?


So you are starting King Dunlap?


No, see the above post - did you actually read it?
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:


And anyway, if I didn't do those moves, we'd only have 1 tackle on the roster - the tackle who has just come back from a double achillies rupture.


That's not a true statement.


So my depth chart would be:

Joeckel (Svitek) at LT
Peters (Dunlap) at RT

Given that I haven't posted that until now, how is it not a true statement?


There are at least 3 tackles on the roster before your free agency and draft. You need to do your homework.


Herremans? Nah he's a guard
Kelly? You really think he's a starter at T.

So where are these tackles?


So you are starting King Dunlap?


No, see the above post - did you actually read it?


If King Dunlap isn't a starter after resigning him, how are you asking me if Kelly who is already on the roster a starter?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34435
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Just because Kendricks played in a colleg 3-4 doesnt mea. he could in the pros.....he's too small to play inside...and he's not much of a pass rusher. He could maybe Make it work...


Too small? Willis is 6' and 240? Kendricks 5'11 240. Not a good pass rusher? 13.5 or 16.5 sacks in College?

Interesting mock. I kinda like it.

Howie Will remain GM, he Got an extension this offseason.
_________________

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21048
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Just because Kendricks played in a colleg 3-4 doesnt mea. he could in the pros.....he's too small to play inside...and he's not much of a pass rusher. He could maybe Make it work...


Too small? Willis is 6' and 240? Kendricks 5'11 240. Not a good pass rusher? 13.5 or 16.5 sacks in College?

Interesting mock. I kinda like it.

Howie Will remain GM, he Got an extension this offseason.


Not if the team stink it up for the rest of the season
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34435
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Just because Kendricks played in a colleg 3-4 doesnt mea. he could in the pros.....he's too small to play inside...and he's not much of a pass rusher. He could maybe Make it work...


Too small? Willis is 6' and 240? Kendricks 5'11 240. Not a good pass rusher? 13.5 or 16.5 sacks in College?

Interesting mock. I kinda like it.

Howie Will remain GM, he Got an extension this offseason.


Not if the team stink it up for the rest of the season


Sig bet? Wink
_________________

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21048
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Just because Kendricks played in a colleg 3-4 doesnt mea. he could in the pros.....he's too small to play inside...and he's not much of a pass rusher. He could maybe Make it work...


Too small? Willis is 6' and 240? Kendricks 5'11 240. Not a good pass rusher? 13.5 or 16.5 sacks in College?

Interesting mock. I kinda like it.

Howie Will remain GM, he Got an extension this offseason.


Not if the team stink it up for the rest of the season


Sig bet? Wink


Nah - knowing Lurie he most likely won't do it - Roseman and Lurie are like BFFs
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 32389
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why people want to go 3-4 you realize most of our personnel is worthless in that scheme right?

We don't have any inside linebackers if we switch.

We don't have any outside linebackers in that scheme.

We don't have a nose tackle.

We have some young guys that will have to learn a new technique to be 3-4 DE's.

There are too many 3-4 teams now that there is actually competition to get those guys. It's not like in the past that so few teams had the scheme that you could get bargains on guys that fit your scheme.


There is no reason in the world to make the change.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7623
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Just because Kendricks played in a colleg 3-4 doesnt mea. he could in the pros.....he's too small to play inside...and he's not much of a pass rusher. He could maybe Make it work...


Too small? Willis is 6' and 240? Kendricks 5'11 240. Not a good pass rusher? 13.5 or 16.5 sacks in College?

Interesting mock. I kinda like it.

Howie Will remain GM, he Got an extension this offseason.



Lol....So now since Kendricks is one inch shorter than.Willis he can automatically.play inside LB ? You think Kendricks actually plays like his size??? He plays like a small fast linebacker.

He had 13.5 sacks in 4 years of college....and its inflated because of an 8.5 sack junior year....

So RCB since Kendricks had 13.5 sacks in college...obviously he canrush the passer right? And he is almost as big as Patrick Willis according to your facts....so obviously he is big enough to play inside right? So what position do you suggest he play in a 3-4?

Kendricks would be wasted in a 3-4.... he can't play inside and he can't play outside....he has NO pass rushing moves from what I've seen this year.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34435
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's plays in a 4-3 how many of those Linebackers have "moves"

Your argument was that he was undersized, size isn't the problem, physicality might be.
_________________

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7623
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
He's plays in a 4-3 how many of those Linebackers have "moves"

Your argument was that he was undersized, size isn't the problem, physicality might be.
I never knew he was 5'11 240.... I figured he was smaller because , you know, he plays like it

and you were just saying how he played in a 3-4 in college and had this many sacks....but now you're saying " he plays in a 4-3 so how could you expect him to be good at pass rushing"...you just kind of contradicted yourself.

I like the idea of a 3-4....but we don't really have any real d ends except Cox and our two LBs are wayy better off in the 4-3.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group