Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT: John Fox is back.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
But most importantly, get a new head coach. Rivera's the saddest thing.
I think it's far too early for that. He's also in his second year. They've clearly done work with the defense (which has improved drastically over this season). Special teams are not great.

It's debatable but I don't really compare a HC to a player (as in, a HC just being in his 2nd year doesn't make as much of a difference to be as say, Silatolu being a D2 guard still adjusting to the NFL or how interior D-lineman take awhile to really fulfill their potential). A bad head coach is typically just a bad head coach and he hasn't shown anything to me to expect that will change. He's shown no sense of urgency, poor time management, poor halftime adjustments, poor end of half decision making, players have questioned our approach this season and even made comments that come across as doubting the coaches. I just don't see anything in him that is all that different than Norv Turner. And I'm almost certain his post game is going to go, "This is a process and we'll get it eventually." There is no eventually for him. It's going to be Week 11 next year. It's do or die time.

I was fine when the games were actually close. But now we just got stomped. And when I see teams like Indianapolis, Miami, Minnesota, etc., who aren't nearly as talented as IMO, still remain competitive and have great records, I question what the difference is between us and them considering they have young QBs as well.

But, like I said, I don't compare HCs to players. I've seen far more often a team stick with a head coach who was never any good who never improved than I did a horrible head coach turn into anything positive. It reminds me of Mike Singletary. Some guys have it and some guys don't. Rivera seems like one players might want to play for and someone who has an eye for talent. But I'm not sold he's particularly good at executing the gameplan, which explains why we seem unprepared heading into games and always outcoached in the second half. And oddly enough our season seems to be exactly parallel to '10 San Fran.

I don't agree that we should fire him right now though. It'd serve no purpose.
Franck8666

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe one of the assistant can really do a good job how can you know ? Even if it doesnt happen, as it should, why care ? We can't fall much farther, even if we are almost as bad as the chiefs...
fretgod99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franck8666 wrote:
Why gave a chance to someone who have deteriorated one of the best offense into something to laught about ? There is no logic in your way of thinking. When you have so much of supposed talent you should be able to do something on offense. At least fired Chud. The shotgun thing and read option doesn't work in the NFL as a constant offensive play calling. The development of Cam also is on coaching staff responsability... But yeah don't fired anyone we are a good team who does good free agent acquisition, gave worthy contract to good player, draft well on a least 3 round of the draft, do really good trade for draft pick, go to game prepared and adjust at halftime.
... How good was the offense before Rivera got here? There's no logic in my thinking?

I'm right with you on the shotgun/read option stuff. It should be limited at best (and the read option has been rather limited over the last couple weeks).

Not a huge fan of Chud, but I see no point in making that kind of change mid-season. And firing Rivera (especially right now) is utterly illogical.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
fretgod99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
But most importantly, get a new head coach. Rivera's the saddest thing.
I think it's far too early for that. He's also in his second year. They've clearly done work with the defense (which has improved drastically over this season). Special teams are not great.
It's debatable but I don't really compare a HC to a player (as in, a HC just being in his 2nd year doesn't make as much of a difference to be as say, Silatolu being a D2 guard still adjusting to the NFL or how interior D-lineman take awhile to really fulfill their potential). A bad head coach is typically just a bad head coach and he hasn't shown anything to me to expect that will change. He's shown no sense of urgency, poor time management, poor halftime adjustments, poor end of half decision making, players have questioned our approach this season and even made comments that come across as doubting the coaches. I just don't see anything in him that is all that different than Norv Turner. And I'm almost certain his post game is going to go, "This is a process and we'll get it eventually." There is no eventually for him. It's going to be Week 11 next year. It's do or die time.

I was fine when the games were actually close. But now we just got stomped. And when I see teams like Indianapolis, Miami, Minnesota, etc., who aren't nearly as talented as IMO, still remain competitive and have great records, I question what the difference is between us and them considering they have young QBs as well.

But, like I said, I don't compare HCs to players. I've seen far more often a team stick with a head coach who was never any good who never improved than I did a horrible head coach turn into anything positive. It reminds me of Mike Singletary. Some guys have it and some guys don't. Rivera seems like one players might want to play for and someone who has an eye for talent. But I'm not sold he's particularly good at executing the gameplan, which explains why we seem unprepared heading into games and always outcoached in the second half. And oddly enough our season seems to be exactly parallel to '10 San Fran.

I don't agree that we should fire him right now though. It'd serve no purpose.
I don't necessarily disagree with any of this. Firing him now would be ridiculous. But I don't have an issue giving him another year, unless things truly take a nosedive to finish out the season. I'd rather stick with him for another year than become the Raiders from the last decade.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
AJ23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
every play is in the gun. we're built for play action and being nasty up front. not speed and going deep. stupid as hell.

let scott turner or fred graves or mike shula take over.
That's it. It's like they're trying to be like Oregon and Georgia Tech at the same time, and aren't committed to either one. This team should actually function a lot like the 49ers (without as much success because not as much talent). Someone needs to take Cam back to the basics of being a professional QB in a conventional style offense. Then you can throw in wrinkles that will showcase his physical talents. It's going to take the right coach, and I don't think one is on the staff right now (unless their ideas are being stifled by their superior(s)).
Franck8666

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but we have not a better team now than in 2010 with Clausen, just a more talented qb who has not play well this year. We have a team with no identity, no passion and a losing mentality. The person responsable of this are Jerry Richardson, Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera. We are rid of Hurney now but we haven't play better or win. Who know if some of our assistant can pull of a miracle and IMPROVE a 4 year losing team. There is no advantage to stay with Rivera when he seem to be heading to the chopping block at the end of the season.
Franck8666

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but we have not a better team now than in 2010 with Clausen, just a more talented qb who has not play well this year. We have a team with no identity, no passion and a losing mentality. The person responsable of this are Jerry Richardson, Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera. We are rid of Hurney now but we haven't play better or win. Who know if some of our assistant can pull of a miracle and IMPROVE a 4 year losing team. There is no advantage to stay with Rivera when he seem to be heading to the chopping block at the end of the season.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franck8666 wrote:

Even how much the team sucks now it's leagues better than in 2010. This year the team actually contends and has a shot to win. In 2010 it was so bad I was ashamed to say I was a Panther fan. As soon as they walked on to the field you knew they were going to lose. The 2010 team probably would have been shut out today and gave up more points.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus

Last edited by PantherDE90 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
fretgod99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franck8666 wrote:
Wut?

And how does firing a GM mid-season make a team play better on the field?

Rivera only seems to be heading to the chopping block because everybody keeps saying they want to fire him. I'm not convinced that it will happen, let alone that it's actually a good idea.

MrDrew wrote:
AJ23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Franck8666 wrote:
Wut?

And how does firing a GM mid-season make a team play better on the field?

Rivera only seems to be heading to the chopping block because everybody keeps saying they want to fire him. I'm not convinced that it will happen, let alone that it's actually a good idea.
I really don't think it's a good idea either. But I do anticipate a potential response to the restless natives. Butts in the seats and all that good stuff. I think he should be given at least another year to right the ship. The defense is coming around. We've seen flashes last year from the offense, and flashes this year from the defense. I'd like to see if he can put it all together next season. I guess it all depends on how many fanatics can actually impact the pockets of JR. I do think a change at OC might be in order, though. I think they're taking Cam in the wrong direction in his development.
Zithers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidetracking for a moment to show everyone this gem that was taken at the game

how did this happen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in 2010 we had a horrendous team overall and now we have a so much better team with a lot of individual talent but we still lose. Firing Hurney should have sent a message to this team, telling them that the job of everyone is on a hot seat, but it did not change anything so what should we do now t. I respect a lot of your post and even if I didn't post here often I like the majority of what you say. But right now you say wait and see and I didn't like it. Someone else need to go this week and it should be Chud before Rivera. But if there is no amelioration after that he should also be show the door and give a chance to an assistant because we can't be worst. The raiders as been bad because they were bad managed and after 4 losing year we should start to think that maybe JR is not a good decision manager.

Last edited by Franck8666 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty clear to me that Chud needs to go. He isn't making any effort to mold his play calling to the offense's tools.

I'm not a big fan of Chip Kelly. I don't understand how anyone could see this option offense fail and then bring him in.

This offense needs toughness and discipline. That goes for the execution and play calling. They refuse to stick to the run game and 3rd down inefficiency is killer.

Newton has to step up at some point. His progress is extremely disappointing, in every facet. It's hard to tell if the entire offense is as distraught as he is because we never see their faces, but it looks like they don't care. I can't imagine Stewart and Deangelo being very happy about their use.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
sidetracking for a moment to show everyone this gem that was taken at the game

how did this happen

I wonder how cute he would think that was if he met Carruths brain damaged son. What a pos.

CK on the sig
fretgod99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
It's pretty clear to me that Chud needs to go. He isn't making any effort to mold his play calling to the offense's tools.

I'm not a big fan of Chip Kelly. I don't understand how anyone could see this option offense fail and then bring him in.

This offense needs toughness and discipline. That goes for the execution and play calling. They refuse to stick to the run game and 3rd down inefficiency is killer.

Newton has to step up at some point. His progress is extremely disappointing, in every facet. It's hard to tell if the entire offense is as distraught as he is because we never see their faces, but it looks like they don't care. I can't imagine Stewart and Deangelo being very happy about their use.
Don't have any issues with any of this, really.

MrDrew wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: