Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT: John Fox is back.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fretgod99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Zithers wrote:
sidetracking for a moment to show everyone this gem that was taken at the game

how did this happen
I wonder how cute he would think that was if he met Carruths brain damaged son. What a pos.
Yeah, that's ... no words. Just wow.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
It's pretty clear to me that Chud needs to go. He isn't making any effort to mold his play calling to the offense's tools.

I'm not a big fan of Chip Kelly. I don't understand how anyone could see this option offense fail and then bring him in.

Chip Kelly would not bring the option offense. He only ran it at Oregon because it fit the talent and because he saw weaknesses in the rest of the defenses in his conference. Belichick got a lot of ideas from Kelly, particularly speeding up the tempo and using the digit system for playcalling (something people criticized Cam for pre-draft). A quick way to call plays and get the ball snapped. It killed Denver and defenses cannot keep up typically.

Still though I'm indifferent because he's a college coach for one who will have to come in and it's just a completely different environment. Plus I think he takes a good amount of unnecessary risks. But I'm not as opposed to him now as I would say, last year. He's not at the top of my list though, or even top five. But he's an interesting candidate.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game today and the biggest take away I got was that the Oline is absolutely pathetic. It needs to be rebuilt, probably from scratch. Cam has zero time and the pocket is collapsing so quickly, he cannot use his legs to escape. Big changes are going to have to be made on the offensive to protect Cam and allow Cam to develop.

Outside of that, the team is lost. I was right behind the Panthers bench and no one was fired up, there's no passion there. Rivera needs to go, the team is lost.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish on the johnson strip sack play instead of going for the ball CJ went for the one hitter quitter on peyton. you only get a few chances a game to touch the guy at all. when you got him squared up like that you make sure he leaves the game. would have lost anyway but would have kept them from running up the score

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
i wish on the johnson strip sack play instead of going for the ball CJ went for the one hitter quitter on peyton. you only get a few chances a game to touch the guy at all. when you got him squared up like that you make sure he leaves the game. would have lost anyway but would have kept them from running up the score

Come on. This type of comment is not needed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:

Is that you Gregg Williams?

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Cypher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I was at the game today and the biggest take away I got was that the Oline is absolutely pathetic. It needs to be rebuilt, probably from scratch. Cam has zero time and the pocket is collapsing so quickly, he cannot use his legs to escape. Big changes are going to have to be made on the offensive to protect Cam and allow Cam to develop.

Outside of that, the team is lost. I was right behind the Panthers bench and no one was fired up, there's no passion there. Rivera needs to go, the team is lost.

As bad as the o-line was, when he did have time, he held on to it until the 4PM games kicked off. It's a two-part problem.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
fretgod99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
boondock wrote:

As bad as the o-line was, when he did have time, he held on to it until the 4PM games kicked off. It's a two-part problem.
Co-sign. Both parts were bad. OLine wasn't giving him much time. When they did give him time, he didn't use it well.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you also have to think about how chud loves going deep and only going deep. routes take longer to develop. OL needs to hold longer but can't. and when they do, broncos have solid coverage.

only time it looked like the offense knew what it was doing was when we were under center and having a balanced attack (the two scoring drives). kept defense off balance. got everyone involved. etc. it isn't hard to call a good game with all of this talent, chud. i mean seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, the defense still played very well this week. The score does not indicate how well the defense played. 14 of those points were from the Pick 6 and the punt return, not to mention the safety. Putting it into perspective like that, we only allowed the Broncos 13 points from a defensive perspective, which is really good considering how hot Manning has been in recent weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
On another note, the defense still played very well this week. The score does not indicate how well the defense played. 14 of those points were from the Pick 6 and the punt return, not to mention the safety. Putting it into perspective like that, we only allowed the Broncos 13 points from a defensive perspective, which is really good considering how hot Manning has been in recent weeks.
Yep. Overall, the defense has been playing well enough for us to win (and in a few cases, not just well enough to win, but well enough to expect to win) over the last month and a half or so. There has been noticeable improvement on that side of the ball. Offense has definitely been lackluster this season. Quite frustrating, though we did see a lot of glimpses of that last year with the consistent inability to muster any meaningful drives coming out of halftime.

MrDrew wrote:
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only positive I can see from this game is that we finally have all black uniforms. With out a doubt the best uni in the game.

Can anyone give me more detail on the shouting match between Gettis and Rivera? And apparently JR was seen talking to Morrison quite emotionally.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think the game was as wide open as the score suggests. I agree with the person who mentioned that the playcalling was poor for the opponent you were playing. Our strength on Defense is getting to the passer, and obviously on 3rd and 5+ we are going to get there very quickly. There weren't enough slants, hitches and quick out routes. Instead you opted for either trickeration (screens, misdirection, QB options) or deep shots; not going to work consistently.

Defensively I was very impressed by your guys up front; you controlled the LOS, and although you only got to Peyton once, you made him step up before he was ready plenty of times. We Bronco fans have been there when it comes to giving up points on Special Teams and your own Offense giving points away, whilst your Defense does its best to hang in there. We had it last year when our QB's were Kyle Orton and you know who.

I think your Offense just needs to go back to basics, a bit like Phil Simms alluded to. More QB under Center, more conventional short/intermediate routes etc. It really didn't help that your Offense stumbled into maybe the most dominant Defensive Bronco performance I have ever seen from Von Miller.

Good luck the rest of the way.

MUFC OK
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont we call more screens they were working awesome!

Thanks CK
hudson3010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the turning point of the game was the returned punt for a touchdown, that should have been challenged, it killed momentum and put us playing from behind, if that play was challenged and if the playcalling was better on offense, than this would be a close game, that falls on the coach... again how many games we lost last year because of special teams?!

and cam newton is the most bashed player of all time, lol at everybody here saying that he should be gone

so far he has better stats in his first games than Eli Manning and Drew Brees had in their first games...matthew sttaford is playing bad too, has more experience and the top wr in the game but is not bashed this way... playcalling/coaching/OL are atrocious and are killing him... had the best rookie qb season ever and is not playing well in second year (played great some games and really bad in others)

I just cant understand the hate, I honestly believe that even if he wins 5 superbowls people are still going to find a way to bash him

Im not sure if theres any qb in the nfl right now who could be very successfull with the scheme/playcalling/overall coaching mistakes we have now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: