Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vontaze Burfict

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Vontaze Burfict Reply with quote

I liked him coming out of the draft and thought he had great skill sets to be a good MLB, but he def had his concerns. To me I like a LB that has a few screws loose. How has he played for you guys?
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really well for an UDFA, would say he is our best LB at this point and is on track to hopefully replace Maualuga next year in the middle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Vontaze Burfict Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
I liked him coming out of the draft and thought he had great skill sets to be a good MLB, but he def had his concerns. To me I like a LB that has a few screws loose. How has he played for you guys?

Yup; 'taze has been our best LB by a country mile IMO, and I reckon if it weren't for the injury to Thomas Howard, he would have replaced Ray Maualuga @ MLB by now. In fact Maualuga has stated that he is still actively learning stuff from Burfict, who had the playbook down pat from early in camp.

Maualuga has lost weight and has played better in the last few weeks, but he is a FA at the end of the year, and it wouldn't surprise me if they let him walk and give the starting MLB gig to Burfict for next year.

Burfict looks at times like he has a screw loose and he can still jaw alot, but he's close to Marvin Lewis who has his collar and lead close by. If he can keep his head on straight, Burfict could have a solid career in front of him.

For me, the most impressive thing is his tackling, he looks spot-on most of the time.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Vontaze Burfict Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Buccaneer4life wrote:

Yup; 'taze has been our best LB by a country mile IMO, and I reckon if it weren't for the injury to Thomas Howard, he would have replaced Ray Maualuga @ MLB by now. In fact Maualuga has stated that he is still actively learning stuff from Burfict, who had the playbook down pat from early in camp.

Maualuga has lost weight and has played better in the last few weeks, but he is a FA at the end of the year, and it wouldn't surprise me if they let him walk and give the starting MLB gig to Burfict for next year.

Burfict looks at times like he has a screw loose and he can still jaw alot, but he's close to Marvin Lewis who has his collar and lead close by. If he can keep his head on straight, Burfict could have a solid career in front of him.

For me, the most impressive thing is his tackling, he looks spot-on most of the time.

For some reason, I see Rey coming back.................. as the SLB. Either he or lawson will get an offer here, but not both.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taze is a future pro bowla
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Vontaze Burfict Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
For some reason, I see Rey coming back.................. as the SLB. Either he or lawson will get an offer here, but not both.

Sure, thats a strong possibility depending on how he plays down the stretch. If he impresses other coaches; (e.g; Pete Carroll); he could get a good offer in FA, if not, we re-sign him on the cheap.

Either way, Taze is a keeper, and is in line for a raise soon too.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Really well

Fixt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: