Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason n' Mockdraft 2013. Empire.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raider808hawaii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Offseason n' Mockdraft 2013. Empire. Reply with quote

2013 OFFSEASON

GREG KNAPP FIRED!
Priority of the offseason. Can't afford to be one dimensional. Al Saunders gets full duties as OC & runs a mashup of the years past WC offense adding in his expertise of the vertical game. Pollack goes down with Knapp & the Raiders go back to the PBS, but still versatile, due to understanding concepts of the ZBS. They're able to employ a Dual Blocking scheme with zone runs as well.

Personally, i want Chip Kelly to be our Offensive Coordinator with Saunders as Assistant.* Denis Allen will have to maintain the team and regulate, having discipline & controlled chaos and violence.

Let the Purge to the new era continue.

FREEEEE AGENTS

Rey Maualuga
6'2 265 ILB

Raiders were high on him coming into the NFL, immediate impact Maualuga>Mclame.

Michael Johnson
6'7 270 OLB/DE

A need for a pass rusher, comes in cheap; RM works his magic & Tarver has a new toy to utilize. An actual pass rushing threat with great talent.

Peyton Hillis
6'2 250 RB/FB

A BRUISER! Desperately needed. Him and Mcfadden did work in Arkansas. Let's unite them once more!

Tracy Porter
5'11 190 CB

Allen is familiar with Porter, working with the corner back in New Orleans when they won it all.

Dashon Goldson
6'2 205 FS

Tarver's "guy" knows the ferocity of Goldson & perfect free safety to roam the open field with the raider demeanor. A hard hitter with ball hawking skills in his prime. Almost came to Oakland previously. Huff is now his natural position... Cornerback.

Ramses Barden
6'6 225 WR

A RM type guy, comes in cheap and can be a great redzone target for Palmer. A solid addition to the receiving corps & in 2014, Ford & DHB become FA, so they needa step their game up.

Sergio Kindle
6'3 255 OLB/DE

Another RM pickup that will help solidify Tarver's Defense with it's multiple 3-4/4-3 sets. Solid Depth(possible starter) for cheap, with the ravens having Courtney Upshaw and Terrell Suggs at OLB.

King Dunlap
6'9 330 OT

Finally! A major upgrade at RT & we can finally dump smith & Barnes.

Cuts:

Richard Seymour -lost his "IT-factor"
Tommy Kelly -got fat and lazy. no drive
Rolando McLain -you already know
Dave Tollefson -lost his hustle, no pressure
Richard Gordon -one dimensional..
Taiwan Jones -Fumblitis, Barner replaces him and is reliable
Keenan Clayton -only ST..

Unsigned

Shane lechler -too much money as a Punter
Coye Francies -ST-eamer, no value at CB
Matt Leinart -injury prone, not a leader. not hungry.
Phillip Adams -same as Francies
Khalif Barnes -enough is enough
Willie Smith -really? he's gone.
Mike Goodson -injury prone; makes way for K-BAR, Hillis & DMAC, our EARTH, WIND, & FIRE >Smile
Matt Giordano -new era, no stu 2.0, sorry Matt
Owen Schmitt -we have our bruiser in hillis and he, as well as Reece are a better combo as FB/RB backs than the blocker Schmitt.
Cooper Carlisle -old. done.
Derek Hagan -PS. Barden is upgrade.

Re-signed

Phillip Wheeler -our best defensive player this year, great hustle. The Predator
Alex Parsons -depth, chemistry with Carson/ O-line
Zach Hurd -mammoth on IR, comes back to push for start vs. Bergstrom
Matt Shaughnessy -Gotta bring back the Loc-ness monster!
Ron Bartell -Solid corner, great depth.
Mike Mitchell -hard hitter, strong, great tackler, hard worker. ST at best. ready to force a fumble at anytime. highlight real ready.
Joselio Hanson -same as Bartell, great slot corner.
Brandian Ross -Potential. & STer
Brandon Meyers -made that chemistry with Palmer. Solid hands except for that one TD drop... still very reliable
Andre Carter -veteran leadership, comes back cheap. started in bay area, finishes in bay area. close to home.
Desmond Bryant -Hustle, hard worker, great ethics, smart football player, high IQ

2013 NFL DRAFT

1st Round

TRADE!
Trade down, grab an extra 3rd round & select:
Manti Te'o
6'2 255 ILB Notre Dame

Raiders were eyeing Te'o. Smart, physical, and a true leader for years to come and lock down this defense. Te'o & Maualuga? Solid on the inside for the Raiders. May even challenge the team across the bay, consisting of Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman.

2nd Round
Carson Palmer
6'5 235 QB USC

Our Ginger. No Soul. The Taker of souls.

3rd Round A
Ezikiel Ansah
6'6 270 OLB/DE BYU

A beast. Another defensive prospect and a steal in the third. Strong pass rusher, tweener for Tarver's amoeba defense 43/34.

3rd Round B
Kwame Geathers
6'6 355 NT Georgia

A true NT that is a mammoth! Space-Eater.

4th Round
Kenjon Barner
5'11 195 RB Oregon

A change of pace back for Mcfadden and Hillis that's vertically & horizontally gifted with moves and knows how to score. A heisman hopeful.

6th Round
Ray Ray Armstrong
6'4 225 FS/SS Faulkner College

A Ball hawk that can learn under Goldson. IMHO Phillip Adams would be my pick but his stock is rising. Ray Ray had issues transferring from the "U", he'll do work as a Raider. A steal in the 6th round.

7th Round A
Collin Klein
6'5 225 Kansas State

Our Tebow; Better release and accuracy! Fast, makes good decisions with the football, strong, comes from a winning background, versatile. A good project to push Pryor. Our Tom Brady prospect. Similar to Ryan Tannehil.

7th Round B
T.J. Barnes
6'6 345 NT Georgia Tech

Space-eater like Geathers. A steal in the 7th if he can get in better football shape for Tarver's D.

UDFA
Kyle Long
6'7 315 Oregon

Our Howie's son, and brother of Rams' Chris Long, Kyle. He plays OT for the Ducks and is a project that should pan out in the long run & a great asset for our Raider Nation & tradition. This time, on the offensive side (rather than his fathers defensive side of the ball)[/u]

Draft. Free Agent.

Offense
QB: Palmer, Pryor, Klein
RB: DMC, Hillis, KBAR
FB: Reece
WR: DHB, Barden, Ford
WR: Moore, Criner, Streeter
TE: Myers, Ausberry
LT: Veldheer
LG: Bergstrom
C: Wiz 2.0, Parsons
RG: Brisel, Hurd
RT: KD, Long

Our offense, once more is top-notch. Saunders is well equipped for a monster season & the breakout of Mcfadden for once! Hillis, Reece & K-Bar are weapons to be tested & used in this balanced power house offense that can attack both vertically and horizontally utilizing double tight sets, triple back, empty-back, wildcat with Pryor/Klein/K-BAR/DMAC, Heavy sets, with pure power having, Houston transition to being a fullback on a big body formation similar to what the niners use; Soooo many opportunities for CP to take souls, in control of this Balanced-Attack, aggressive offense of ours that is somewhat similar to the Gannon offense... with more power, speed & ferocity! Hillis/Reece>Crockett, RUN DMC/K-BAR>Garner/Wheatley. But the receiving corps is young and isn't as good as Brown/Rice/Porter but the potential and speed of the 13' Raiders WR Corps is deadly. I expect Ausberry & Myers to be used heavily in the redone along with Criner, Barden & Moore in the slot, while in an empty set. Unleash Palmer, give him the reigns of this dark horse offense. Raider Nation! Ability to start of running strong, break away with through the air & pound the rock home. With Pryor & Klein, expect to see some trickery with them both being utilized with KBAR & Run DMC in an option, wildcat type package where they may explode for big plays; hell, Pryor may even catch a couple here n' there from CP3 on some trick plays. TP may even burst out on some QB draws or even bomb some balls to speedsters: Ford/Moore/DHB/Streeter. Big bodied targets in Myers/Barden/Criner/Ausberry can be spotted for large chunks of yards at a time. Not to mention having Reece as a viable option as well in the passing game too! Ausberry and his athleticism will prove him to be very handy & is awaiting a breakout season. With our stout defense, this offense will score hell'ov a lotta' points with both running and passing. #1 in yardage and in scoring. Record breaking with the potential here. Score, score and score some more. 4th and 1, go for it. 4th quarter, 1st & 10, up by 21, score is 31-10 on the opponents own 11 with 1:13 remaining? Pound it down their throats, be the bully, leave them with a dark mark. Leave a statement. Dark Empire.

Defense

34:

LDE: Houston, Crawford
NT: Geathers, Barnes, Bilukidi
RDE: Loc-ness, Bryant
LOLB: Johnson, Kindle
ILB: Te'o, Curry
ILB: Maualuga, Goethel
ROLB: Wheeler, Burris, Carter
LCB: Huff, Spencer
SS: Branch, MM
FS: Goldson, Armstrong
SCB: Hanson, Ross
RCB: Porter, Bartell

43:
LE: Johnson, Crawford
NT: Geathers, Barnes
UT: Houston, Bryant, Bilukidi
RE: Locness, Carter, Kindle
SLB: Maualuga, Curry
MLB: Te'o, Goethel
WLB: Wheeler, Burris
LCB: Huff, Spencer
SS: Branch, MM
FS: Goldson, Armstrong
SCB: Hanson, Ross
RCB: Porter, Bartell

With our New, revamped defense, there is that Fire, that hustle and demeanor that is of a true Raider. With Te'o at its core, the QB of the D, Tarver's mixed scheme is open to attack. They have the ability to send zone blitzes, pressure the QB, have 44, 52, 34, & 43 fronts. Personally, id like to see a amoeba 155/254 front with Houston/Geathers. In our base 34 Maualuga and Te'o are a force to reckon with. Johnson is great valued pickup. Solid at pass rushing and is a monster at 6'7. We have the Depth with all our linebackers. Curry, Burris, Carter & Goethel Provide valuable depth. Burris and Curry especially, providing fresh legs, switching between LB's to for breaks & the D-Line will be fueled for success with Houston & Shaughnessy coming back and holding it down; Crawford, kindle, Johnson, carter can provide that pass rush, while Bryant, Bilukidi, Geathers, Barnes are the Big bodies. Our Defense will be a Force. Welcome to the Black Hole.

Special Teams
K: Janikowski
P: King
LS: Condo
KR/PR: Ford

Special Teams will flourish with ford being back. A TD waiting to happen with every touch of the ball in his hands.

LMK what you think, feedback appreciated.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of fail here. FA is just pipe dreams. That would be a Dan Snyder type offseason and isn't happening. Too much money and some bad players. Rey is garbage for example.

Zingy Anshan is a dream pick in the 3rd. Won't last that long. Klein is just a wasted pick. He's not a QB at the next level. 'Our version of Tebow'. I don't want any player like that on my team. Just saying.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saunders won't get OC duties...he could have gotten it this year...

WCO and ZBS are DA's and RM's choices, so even if Knapp is let go we won't change back to PBS and vertical O.
WCO and a ZBS heavy mix running scheme is our future with ot without Knapp.

Chip Kelly is one of the hottest HC candidate man...he will never be our OC

Mau could be an option, but only for cheap, since he is a 2 dowl MLB in 4-3

Johnson will get starting RDE money somewhere, but I doubt it would be Oakland...

Hillis why? He did nothing last year, nothing this year...

We could have signed Porter if we wanted...Can't see this signing at all...

Golston will ask for too much IMO

Barden hardly did anything so far...

Kindle seems more and more as a bust, but could worth a look...

Dunlap would be an expensive missfit...

Te'o is gonna be a great ILB, but we need OL\DL much more...even secondary is a much bigger need. McClain or in your version Rey could solve the 2 down MLB duties...

Ansah won't be there...

Geathers not coming out...

Klein makes no sense to me as a QB...

Howie wanted Chris far away for Oakland...probably he will do the same with Kyle Smile

Try again man!
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of "names", incredibly unrealistic as if no other team will be trying to sign FAs or participating in the draft, do we have a 200 million dollar payroll? Chip Kelly ain't leaving college to be our OC.. It just goes on and on..

Thing is, after that fantasy offseason I am not even sure we are a better team when it's over.
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly stopped reading when i saw chip kelly as OC.. he will only leave for a HC job
raaka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way we let out MVP shane lechler go.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would so uncomfortable with Terrelle Pyror and a rookie Collin Klein as the only two quarterbacks behind Palmer on the depth chart.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like a pipe dream but sounds good on paper

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madden-seq mock Laughing

raaka wrote:
no way we let out MVP shane lechler go.

Depends on the $$$ but i woulden't be shocked if we let him go, Marquett King time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit I love these. People pointed out flaws I didn't notice; very sharp. Since when does anyone draft 2 NTs in the same draft and what do the Raiders do with NTotF in Blukidi? WTF do people see in Ziggy? McKenzie will NOT draft football players that don't know the game. Most of these guys aren't coming out. If you didn't lose me at Ziggy in the 3rd you lost me at Klein. I like Long as an UDFA. That's a lot of FAs for not having any $. As the night sets in I'm a bit faded so forgive me if I'm a bit incoherent.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I admit I love these. People pointed out flaws I didn't notice; very sharp. Since when does anyone draft 2 NTs in the same draft and what do the Raiders do with NTotF in Blukidi? WTF do people see in Ziggy? McKenzie will NOT draft football players that don't know the game. Most of these guys aren't coming out. If you didn't lose me at Ziggy in the 3rd you lost me at Klein. I like Long as an UDFA. That's a lot of FAs for not having any $. As the night sets in I'm a bit faded so forgive me if I'm a bit incoherent.

JPP didn't 'know the game' when he came out either. Ansah has similar skills. He's a freakish athlete with a nose for the QB.

You watch a lot of BYU Baggabonez? Because I do and I can tell you Ansah is a football player. There is a reason Mike Mayock of all people are shining the light on him. He's a pass rusher who under the right coaching can refine his skills and has a chance to be special.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

JPP didn't 'know the game' when he came out either. Ansah has similar skills. He's a freakish athlete with a nose for the QB.

You watch a lot of BYU Baggabonez? Because I do and I can tell you Ansah is a football player. There is a reason Mike Mayock of all people are shining the light on him. He's a pass rusher who under the right coaching can refine his skills and has a chance to be special.

Admittedly I don't watch a ton of BYU football but I do respect the program and I have watched some snippets of Ziggy. Imo, Ziggy possesses rare athleticism and size/speed ratio to go along with sickeningly long arms. However, McKenzie will definitely not draft another foreign project player when he currently has a number of projects under way within the same DL unit. In addition, I don't know if you've heard of a bias against Nigerian-born players but there is evidence that it does exist. (anti-Nigerian bias in the NFL Link) Ghana is Nigeria's neighbor. Personally I think it's ridiculous but it's suggested this type of player lacks aggression. Ziggy is a mild mannered, humble well-educated athlete (only in our backwards world is this a negative). The NFL is quite a step up from BYU's level of competition in terms of physicality and aggression. BYU ain't playing an SEC schedule and highly doubt Ziggy would have played his way up to starter as a walk-on. GMs are going to think he'll wilt when grown men get in his face despite his combine numbers and that will negatively affect his draft stock.

JPP was born in America, grew up in So. Florida and played in highschool and at a CC and went to S. Florida as a juco transfer. I actually think Ziggy and JPP have little in common although he is a nice story. Ultimately Ziggy gets drafted late 3rd or 4th by the Giants; a organization perfectly suited for his development.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read aso might be let go next season by Philly.. Please bring him back
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilcrazycat1 wrote:

He'll cost too much money.

PM sig requests.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilcrazycat1 wrote:

Don't get this though. In anything but man cover scheme he is of no distinction. Average to poor in run support, zone, nose for the ball, poor hands. In what way does he help our team now that we're not running a man island scheme?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: