Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where's Vinny Curry???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Just playing Devils Advocate ,I too would like to see Curry. However there has to be a reason Todd Bowles wouldn't insert him into the line up. Could Vinny not be the smartest cookie in the bunch and having issues with the playbook and assingments? Is he just not showing much in practice? Is he not picking up Washburns scheme? It's not just black or white play or don't play. If he is showing any of the above signs (not saying he is) there is good reason to sit him. It's not like this wide 9 Wasburn scheme is easy to adapt to. Just saying.

I disagree it is pretty easy to adapt to for the DE....the scheme is to make it easy for them lining out wide and rushing the passer is so basic that its kinda impossible not to get. And with no evidence saying that's been an issue at all and how he did in the preseason (against backups admittedly) I seriously doubt that's it. I agree there might be other reasons but at this time Babin, Tapp, or Hunt can sit on the bench for a day so we can see what Vinny can do...even if it is just on the occasional passing down...but Curry is/was pretty good at the run too...unlike Babs

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Just playing Devils Advocate ,I too would like to see Curry. However there has to be a reason Todd Bowles wouldn't insert him into the line up. Could Vinny not be the smartest cookie in the bunch and having issues with the playbook and assingments? Is he just not showing much in practice? Is he not picking up Washburns scheme? It's not just black or white play or don't play. If he is showing any of the above signs (not saying he is) there is good reason to sit him. It's not like this wide 9 Wasburn scheme is easy to adapt to. Just saying.

I think you are more on-point as far as a realistic view of it.

Yeah, there has to be a reason why he isn't seeing the field. It's not like we're heavily invested into some of these fringe activations, and yet, Curry never suits up.

Coaches don't want to lose their jobs or look bad by putting a guy out there who is not prepared to play yet. But with that being said, how much is there really to lose? The guys between the big three: Cole, Babin, and Graham--and Curry aren't seeing the field very much. Tapp and Hunt? They seem to be seeing the field less and less.

After everything that has already happened this year, including the fact that our last win was in September, what really is the risk of putting a guy out there even if he doesn't understand the defense? Sure, you don't want to get the guy hurt, but we're not putting him out there as a starter.

And maybe he'll improve with some field experience.
Or, maybe, he'll prove the coaches wrong and make some big plays. You just never really know.

The same coaching staff that made the mistake of putting Casey Matthews as a starter at MIKE entering into last year are just as realistically prone to erring in their call in regards to Curry.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also there is never anything short of funky politics and shady decisions made on any football team.

Maybe Curry rubbed Washburn the wrong way or something.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinny Curry has never lost at Risk... Can Transform Megatron from Robot to Gun Form faster then any one i ever met... He always pokes his Caprisun straw in perfectly the first time... Ran his own Lemonade stand for 2 years when he 8 and never once sold one glass of Lemonade from that stand and he bought his mom a Bentley by the time he was 11.... teaches sail boating class on the Delaware River and he doesnt know why just said it came natural.... Speak Spanish... Reads in the Bath Tub... Doesn't drink alcohol only Chinese herbs...Anything but dumb

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Doubt it. It's Not good, he wasnt active over dion lewis

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:

How do you doubt it?

Washburn is a very much "My way or the highway" type person. Given his apparent sway over the defensive side of the ball, that could be why Vinny is riding the pine this year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now your doubting vinny curry geez guys
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:

How do you doubt it?

Washburn is a very much "My way or the highway" type person. Given his apparent sway over the defensive side of the ball, that could be why Vinny is riding the pine this year.

That's true, but do Curry seem like a guy that would question a guy like Washburn?

Washburn is the kind of coach if you have talent and a work ethic they love to play for him, Curry fits both of those criteria.

I'm not buying "He rubs Washburn the wrong way" or "He isn't ready".

Hunt and Tapp haven't done much, and it worries me that they went with 4 RB's and/or haven't given Curry the shot of the two players mentioned.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
Phire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:

How do you doubt it?

That's true, but do Curry seem like a guy that would question a guy like Washburn?

Washburn is the kind of coach if you have talent and a work ethic they love to play for him, Curry fits both of those criteria.

Hunt and Tapp haven't done much, and it worries me that they went with 4 RB's and/or haven't given Curry the shot of the two players mentioned.

Then how do you explain his deactivation every game.

Not being ready and bad relations with Washburn are both viable speculative theories considering we can't prove or disprove either, the only thing we know is that he isn't even suiting up.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
Now your doubting vinny curry geez guys

He's a high draft pick not Starting or producing right away. Isn't this how it goes? I mean what's good for the goose is good for the gander right? Why would he be any different?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Washburn wants to groom Curry and let him learn from two pro-bowlers and not let him go out there and completely overthink himself when he screws up on one play.
Phire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Maybe Washburn wants to groom Curry and let him learn from two pro-bowlers and not let him go out there and completely overthink himself when he screws up on one play.

If they are leading by example, Curry isn't learning anything Laughing

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:

How do you doubt it?

Then how do you explain his deactivation every game.

Not being ready and bad relations with Washburn are both viable speculative theories considering we can't prove or disprove either, the only thing we know is that he isn't even suiting up.

Much Like our lack of pressure/sacks... It makes no sense

BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottomline is that Jim Washburn and Howard Mudd are the two most overrated coordinators of all-time

They think they know everything and because Vinny Curry doesn't fit that gimmick scheme that was flash in the pan as my Falcons Gritz Blitz, he doesn't get on the field, even though you are struggling to get sacks and even though he was taken in the 2nd round!
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
The bottomline is that Jim Washburn and Howard Mudd are the two most overrated coordinators of all-time

They think they know everything and because Vinny Curry doesn't fit that gimmick scheme that was flash in the pan as my Falcons Gritz Blitz, he doesn't get on the field, even though you are struggling to get sacks and even though he was taken in the 2nd round!

They aren't coordinators, but they might as well be given the amount of influence they have on our offense/defense.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: