Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where's Vinny Curry???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BirdsFan06050


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19553
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curry needs to play.

That is all.
_________________
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48325
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20121121_Vinny_Curry_ready_for_debut_on_Eagles_defensive_line.html

Quote:
Vinny Curry wore a high-top fade two weeks ago. The rookie second-round pick thought he was going to make his debut at defensive end, and wanted the hairstyle for his first appearance in front of Eagles fans. But Curry was a healthy scratch again.

Aww Sad

Quote:
So Curry got another haircut last week. His luck still did not change and he did not dress for the 10th consecutive game.

Double Aww Sad Crying or Very sad

Quote:
"I'm pretty sure the fans want to know where their [second-round] pick's at," Curry said last week. "I'm wondering the same thing. But it's damn sure not a talent issue. They have their guys set already. Ankle sprain in the summer, that's all I could think of."

_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34459
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let that hair go to waste Washburn
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7666
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Curry dressing this week?
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 32414
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
So is Curry dressing this week?


he wears clothes every day.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48325
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
So is Curry dressing this week?


If both Vick and McCoy are out, then yeah it looks like it.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48325
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if we couldn't have any more reason to cheer for Vinny Curry:
http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/11/27/eagles-wake-up-call-curry-stands-tall/

Quote:
He finished the game with five tackles – the most of any of the team’s linemen.

Quote:
“It’s go-time,” Curry said, when asked what was going through his head before the game. “This is what everybody’s been waiting for. This is what I’ve been waiting for, my family. It’s my Mom’s birthday tomorrow, actually. It doesn’t get any better than this.”


Quote:
But Curry was lying. He knew something could have made the night better. Not an Eagles win, but having his mother in attendance. Unfortunately, though, she died of cancer last October. This would have been her 52nd birthday.

“She would have been proud because I played my butt off,” Curry said. “I just tried to really hustle-hustle.”


Quote:
Asked if it had sunk in that he was finally on the field playing for the team he grew up rooting for, Curry had the right response.

“The only thing that’s sunk in is this loss,” he said. “It hurts.”

_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiltman


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 14404
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
As if we couldn't have any more reason to cheer for Vinny Curry:
http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/11/27/eagles-wake-up-call-curry-stands-tall/

Quote:
He finished the game with five tackles – the most of any of the team’s linemen.

Quote:
“It’s go-time,” Curry said, when asked what was going through his head before the game. “This is what everybody’s been waiting for. This is what I’ve been waiting for, my family. It’s my Mom’s birthday tomorrow, actually. It doesn’t get any better than this.”


Quote:
But Curry was lying. He knew something could have made the night better. Not an Eagles win, but having his mother in attendance. Unfortunately, though, she died of cancer last October. This would have been her 52nd birthday.

“She would have been proud because I played my butt off,” Curry said. “I just tried to really hustle-hustle.”


Quote:
Asked if it had sunk in that he was finally on the field playing for the team he grew up rooting for, Curry had the right response.

“The only thing that’s sunk in is this loss,” he said. “It hurts.”


Ugh bit of a punch to the gut there....

You can't not like Curry....hopefully he continues to shine these next couple weeks now that he'll get more time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 16007
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Vinny Curry and really hopes as he pans out as a prospect because he has the type of personality that you want on a core member of the team. You can't teach passion and he has it. I hate when people loosely throw around Dawks name but he was the last member of the team that I can think of that has the kind of passion Vinny brings to the table.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
I love Vinny Curry and really hopes as he pans out as a prospect because he has the type of personality that you want on a core member of the team. You can't teach passion and he has it. I hate when people loosely throw around Dawks name but he was the last member of the team that I can think of that has the kind of passion Vinny brings to the table.
Yup, we all should be on the Curry bandwagon.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48325
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More praise for Curry and reactions from teammates:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-talk/Curry-adds-energy-to-struggling-Eagles-d?blockID=807299&feedID=692

Quote:
“Vinny rides to the game with me for every home game, and he was jacked,” Cox said. “He was ready. He was excited. I was excited for him. I think one time he got too excited in the locker room. I told him to just calm down, his chance was coming. Vinny did a great job with it being his first game since college.”

Quote:
“I just wanted to get a sack,” he said. “I came close a few times, but first game, I just wanted to get a sack and do something big to help the team.”

Quote:
Curry said it’s tough to enjoy his playing time and production considering the team hasn’t won since September.

“I had a good game or whatever, but I just feel bad for these guys,” he said, looking around the locker room. “These dudes work hard, you know? And we’re just not reaping the rewards, and it hurts.”

_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RBrown86


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 22734
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curry's the man, got to love him. I'm excited to see him and BG get a ton of reps this week.
_________________

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkb77


Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 1543
Location: Holland, PA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's impossible not to like this guy as an Eagles Fan. I mean dudes basically like one of us, we can atleast count on him to go out there play his butt off and actually give a Sh!t. When we lose it truely hurts him cause he's a Eagles fan just like us. I think his passion is exactly what this team needs, he knows what eagle's football is all about and I really have high hope for him moving foward.
_________________

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that it took this long to play Vinny Curry when they took him so high in the draft and with how much they have struggled to rush the passer is a microcosm if the incompetence of this organization

Just think, if Curry had been playing earlier in this season perhaps you get a pass rush vs Big Ben in a game they blew at the end. Or maybe vs the Lions

It's hypothetical but it just goes to show that coaching staff of the Eagles has outsmarted itself over the years
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7666
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
The fact that it took this long to play Vinny Curry when they took him so high in the draft and with how much they have struggled to rush the passer is a microcosm if the incompetence of this organization

Just think, if Curry had been playing earlier in this season perhaps you get a pass rush vs Big Ben in a game they blew at the end. Or maybe vs the Lions

It's hypothetical but it just goes to show that coaching staff of the Eagles has outsmarted itself over the years


We didn't outsmart ourselves. We assumed Jason Babin and Trent Cole were in a slump and would get out of it. Then when we were statically elongated we cut some dead weight.

And at the beginning of the season, we assumed our depth was so deep, an it really was, we just couldn't get to the QB. If Daryl Tapp wasn't retained, curry would've seen the field sooner.
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group