Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where's Vinny Curry???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[inappropriate/removed]
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
Everyone wanted to give andy reid another chance lmao. I'm gonna feel sorry for any team that hires him that has to go through the same nonsense we have been going through for 14yrs.

EVERYone? Not I said the fly.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[inappropriate/removed]

Laughing LOL the youtube link had the fbomb in it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F uCKJSZpj8
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen this forum rally around a draft pick this much. Makes me wonder if it has more to do with being a local kid from Philly then overall talent? Don't get me wrong I too want to see the kid play and have wondered why when healthy he can't even be activated for game day till week 12?. However had this been any other draft pick without the above storyline, you guys normally would be killing this kid for not starting immediately, being as a bust and horrible draft pick by the Eagles. Whether people agree or not it is possible in practice Curry just wasn't progressing quick enough in Washburns scheme and with Castillo's playbook to justify a roster spot. Just saying. Now with that said I too hope he lights the soles on fire because He, Graham and Hunt are the DE of the future at this point.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 11 Gm/ 63 Rec/ 980 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
mm6492

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
I've never seen this forum rally around a draft pick this much. Makes me wonder if it has more to do with being a local kid from Philly then overall talent? Don't get me wrong I too want to see the kid play and have wondered why when healthy he can't even be activated for game day till week 12?. However had this been any other draft pick without the above storyline, you guys normally would be killing this kid for not starting immediately, being as a bust and horrible draft pick by the Eagles. Whether people agree or not it is possible in practice Curry just wasn't progressing quick enough in Washburns scheme and with Castillo's playbook to justify a roster spot. Just saying. Now with that said I too hope he lights the soles on fire because He, Graham and Hunt are the DE of the future at this point.
I think people just wanna see what he has. WIth where he was drafted, we eventually need to see him on the field. Sitting him as we continue to stink is stupid. Maybe he would at least play with some motivation or fire.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

We do "rally" around Curry because of his story, but at the same time, we had a deep DE rotation coming into the season. There is no way he would take Cole or Babin's spot, and Graham/Hunt showed promise in the preseason. It was more of a numbers game with Curry not beig active until now IMO, but with the season essentially over, it's time to see what we have in him. Well, that and horrible coaching decisions, that is.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

808 is spot on.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
808 is spot on.

808 is like the black spot on a banana, it just makes it even more delicious.

Oh what were talking about?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
808 is spot on.

808 is like the black spot on a banana, it just makes it even more delicious.

Umm, ok. Very Happy
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curry's problem was never talent if anything we took him as WTFBPA and then kind of forgot about him.

Hopefully this call from lurie to have reid stop being a dumb arse.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
gator3guy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

The reason I wanted Curry on the field was because I know the kind of heart and passion this kid plays with. Every time I watched a Marshall game I saw #99 chasing down RB's from the other side of the play. And this is from a guy not known for his athleticism. On a team that lacks any sort of energy or passion on gamedays, it would have been nice to see at least one guy who cared. I kind of wished they never activated him though. I think sitting out the whole season would have added more fuel to his fire.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gator3guy wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

The reason I wanted Curry on the field was because I know the kind of heart and passion this kid plays with. Every time I watched a Marshall game I saw #99 chasing down RB's from the other side of the play. And this is from a guy not known for his athleticism. On a team that lacks any sort of energy or passion on gamedays, it would have been nice to see at least one guy who cared. I kind of wished they never activated him though. I think sitting out the whole season would have added more fuel to his fire.

That's all well and good and I agree with most of it. My point is given the current losing streak there is no way they would intentionally sit a players who was showing in practice he was head and shoulders better then his counterparts. Everyone's job is on the line. To do so would be beyond idiotic. Therefore there must be a valid reason we as fans are not privy to for not being active until now. He can have all of the things you described but if he is struggling with the assignments, technique and or system there is no reason to see the field. To me that is more likely to have happened then intentionally sitting the better player for no other reason then, they wanted to. That's all.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 11 Gm/ 63 Rec/ 980 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Nabbs, it's hard to teach a defensive end how to play improper and undisciplined football contrary to what he has been told all his life.

Wash- "Holy Christmas son, why are you stopping?"
Curry- "Coach if I abandon outside contain won't they just make me look silly?"
Wash- "Wide-9 baby, wide-9."
Curry- "Huh?"
Wash- "You'll never get it like Babin does."

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Well Nabbs, it's hard to teach a defensive end how to play improper and undisciplined football contrary to what he has been told all his life.

Wash- "Holy Christmas son, why are you stopping?"
Curry- "Coach if I abandon outside contain won't they just make me look silly?"
Wash- "Wide-9 baby, wide-9."
Curry- "Huh?"
Wash- "You'll never get it like Babin does."

So wish this to be true.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

That's all well and good and I agree with most of it. My point is given the current losing streak there is no way they would intentionally sit a players who was showing in practice he was head and shoulders better then his counterparts. Everyone's job is on the line. To do so would be beyond idiotic. Therefore there must be a valid reason we as fans are not privy to for not being active until now. He can have all of the things you described but if he is struggling with the assignments, technique and or system there is no reason to see the field. To me that is more likely to have happened then intentionally sitting the better player for no other reason then, they wanted to. That's all.

I would agree with you if Reid wasn't the coach. He's a stubborn guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: