Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans 3-6 @ Dolphins 4-4 GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

More yards on Sunday?
Reggie Bush
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Chris Johnson
83%
 83%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 18

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shout out to Michael Roos for completely dominating arguably the best pass rusher in the game in Cameron Wake. Didn't even allow a single pressure all game, I don't believe.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Wait, what?

TT4Life7 wrote:
How could you have potential with no talent?

To me, saying a player has great potential means he has the tools do be something special, in the way that Zach Brown has a lot of potential based on his physical gifts (in his case, great speed). But being fast (or strong, or tall, or whatever attribute is in question) is not the same as being talented. Talent implies a degree of ability beyond impressive physical skills. Almost all of these guys have great potential, I mean they're in the NFL for crying out loud. Of course the potential is there. But not all of them have the talent required to excel. They could end up being pretty decent/pretty good, but never break through because they're not especially talented.

For instance, Mike Martin is an absolute monster in the weight room and based on his strength alone he has great potential. But if he hasn't any talent, he's just going to be a strong guy in a helmet for a few years then disappear. Hopefully he turns out to have some good talent, or develops some talent, to combine with his physical characteristics and becomes Andrew Luck's worst nightmare. We'll see.

If Zach Brown only had speed and Mike Martin only had strength then I doubt the Titans would have drafted them in the 2nd and 3rd round. Both of them have shown "talent" not only during their collegiate careers, but also in their limited time in the NFL. If you have talent to play football then you have some potential to be a good football player. If you have zero talent then you could not possibly have any potential. Some are more talented then others therefore increasing their potential to be good football players. Talent and potential go together. You cant have one without the other. Everyone in the NFL has talent (some more than others), and all have potential (if not they wouldn't be playing in the NFL), but if every player could exceed in the NFL based on talent then JaMarcus Russell would be a top 5 QB. You either got it or you don't.

My original argument was that the Titans are young and talented, and with proper coaching, execution, and discipline they have the potential to be a good football team. There's no doubt that any of them are "talented" (even Michael Griffin showed he had talent at one point but he fell off for one reason or another). Each had their question marks coming out of college and each had areas of their game that needed to be improved, but if they didn't have some talent then they wouldn't have been drafted (or just signed to a contract), I promise you that.

We'll have to agree to disagree then.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
A shout out to Michael Roos for completely dominating arguably the best pass rusher in the game in Cameron Wake. Didn't even allow a single pressure all game, I don't believe.

Edit: NVM

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has recently come to my attention that Fernando Velasco is a free agent after this year. This honestly has nothing to do with my love for the guy, but I'd really like to see something done about that sooner rather than later. He's getting better every week and, with holes at at least one of the guard spots, we need to just get him signed up long-term.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
It has recently come to my attention that Fernando Velasco is a free agent after this year. This honestly has nothing to do with my love for the guy, but I'd really like to see something done about that sooner rather than later. He's getting better every week and, with holes at at least one of the guard spots, we need to just get him signed up long-term.

Agreed. He's impressed the hell out of me. He's improved alot since Week 1. Like to get him locked up long term and then draft someone to play RG or takover for Hutch and move Hutch over to RG.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

Not from what I saw.. I saw Wake coming after Locker all day, forcing throwaways and flushing him out of the pocket.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Not from what I saw.. I saw Wake coming after Locker all day, forcing throwaways and flushing him out of the pocket.

Not what I saw at all. In fact, the only times Locker left the pocket was when he fell down, on the 4th down, and when it was designed to do so, IIRC.

One of the many things I loved about Locker yesterday was how he played like he normally plays. Unfortunately, Vince Young after injury would have played scared. Jake Locker is fearless.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

The majority of Locker's roll outs were designed that way. And I don't recall a throw away that was due to pressure, but maybe I'm forgetting one.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
14:00 TEN @ MIA Analysis

- Where to start with a Titans team that had a combined +18.1 grade? The three highest grades were for Jake Locker (+3.7), Steve Hutchinson (+3.4) and Derrick Morgan (+1.9).

- The Titans offensive line gave up just six pressures the entire game with another pressure coming unblocked. It meant Locker only faced seven pass plays under pressure. One ended in a run, one in a sack and and four with incomplete passes. If only Miami could have generated more pressure.

- Altteraun Verner gave up just 0.28 yards per snap in coverage. Jason McCourty was targeted far more often and gave up 1.69 yards.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/12/pff-reaction-blog-week-10/
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alterraun Verner needs to be paid. Still baffled at how McCourty was extended first...

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Alterraun Verner needs to be paid. Still baffled at how McCourty was extended first...

Contract runs up after the 2013 season, so we've got time.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/11/12/why-was-cj-playing-in-fourth-quarter-of-blowout/

Quote:
Titans coach Mike Munchak said one of the reasons was that Johnson wanted to remain in the contest as long as possible. Only twice in the team’s first nine games had Johnson logged more than 20 carries before yesterday.

“He wanted to stay in,” Munchak said. “We haven’t had a whole lot of games where we’ve had that many chances and he had a shot to run 20-plus times. I think he wanted to get a feel for what that felt like.”

Johnson finished the game with 23 carries for 126 yards and a touchdown. Four of those carries came in the fourth quarter, as Johnson was active until the Titans’ final offensive series.

“We were going to take him out a series earlier and he said, `Why don’t you give me one more series?’” Munchak said. “We said that was fine because we were going to run some plays he hadn’t run in a while – counters, some other things he wanted to get a chance to run.

Something clearly has clicked with CJ.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009122008/2009/REG15/dolphins@titans#menu=highlights&tab=recap

I wish we played the Fish more often.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/11/12/why-was-cj-playing-in-fourth-quarter-of-blowout/

Quote:
Titans coach Mike Munchak said one of the reasons was that Johnson wanted to remain in the contest as long as possible. Only twice in the team’s first nine games had Johnson logged more than 20 carries before yesterday.

“He wanted to stay in,” Munchak said. “We haven’t had a whole lot of games where we’ve had that many chances and he had a shot to run 20-plus times. I think he wanted to get a feel for what that felt like.”

Johnson finished the game with 23 carries for 126 yards and a touchdown. Four of those carries came in the fourth quarter, as Johnson was active until the Titans’ final offensive series.

“We were going to take him out a series earlier and he said, `Why don’t you give me one more series?’” Munchak said. “We said that was fine because we were going to run some plays he hadn’t run in a while – counters, some other things he wanted to get a chance to run.

Something clearly has clicked with CJ.

In my opinion, it's simply him gaining confidence back in the O-line. It shows.

Also, why we aren't running counters on the regular with a guy like Chris effing Johnson just makes no sense to me...

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk if anybody knew this but uh...WERE In THE HUNT!!!

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture?module=HP11_content_stream

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1. Nate "The Great" Washington
2. Michael Preston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: