Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans 3-6 @ Dolphins 4-4 GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

More yards on Sunday?
Reggie Bush
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Chris Johnson
83%
 83%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 18

TT4Life7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
This game goes to show how good the Titans CAN be. No one's really ever questioned the talent or potential. I always thought with the talent we have (along with proper coaching, execution, and discipline) the Titans could be a very good football team.

Unfortunately for us, the Titans haven't been known for consistencey. We still have 3 pretty good football teams left to play. Also everyone's counting out the Jags. Yes they are not good (at all), but they are still divisional rivals. They have beaten us in the past when they really had no business doing so. They're gonna play Tennessee hard like they always do.

5-2 is still a reach to me (based on the entire season, not just this one game), but if the Titans continue to play like they did today we have a shot.

Here's to hoping that Bud's comments lit a fire under everyone's a**!

Eh, there were a lot of questions about talent on this team. Brown didn't look good at first, still serious questions at DT, no pressure whatsoever from the DEs early in the year, safeties still up and down, Locker is still a question mark in some ways, Britt inconsistent, CJ playing horribly... there were definitely questions about talent, and the questions were warranted, too. The fact that some of these guys have stepped up just means they're improving (mostly young guys) or have discovered the pride of a job well done (older guys).

You are confusing talent with production.

There are not many Titan starters who do not have the potential to be very good players.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready to call this year a wash for Britt. He has been less than impactful. I don't know if he just struggling coming back from the knee or what.
But he has made pretty much no impact on this team,this year.

Brown and Ayers are really growing. Being a former LB, I can see them really coming into their own and play with confidence. Ayers especially, he is trusting his instincts and his eyes.
Brown is starting to get it too. I see him knifing into the backfield more and more often.

When McCarthy is fully healthy again, probably next year, this LB core will be nasty.

Britt though...is just disappointing.

CJ has turned on his light. He is officially back. Ducking his head down, not hesitating and shuffling......good to see him back..
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
This game goes to show how good the Titans CAN be. No one's really ever questioned the talent or potential. I always thought with the talent we have (along with proper coaching, execution, and discipline) the Titans could be a very good football team.

Unfortunately for us, the Titans haven't been known for consistencey. We still have 3 pretty good football teams left to play. Also everyone's counting out the Jags. Yes they are not good (at all), but they are still divisional rivals. They have beaten us in the past when they really had no business doing so. They're gonna play Tennessee hard like they always do.

5-2 is still a reach to me (based on the entire season, not just this one game), but if the Titans continue to play like they did today we have a shot.

Eh, there were a lot of questions about talent on this team. Brown didn't look good at first, still serious questions at DT, no pressure whatsoever from the DEs early in the year, safeties still up and down, Locker is still a question mark in some ways, Britt inconsistent, CJ playing horribly... there were definitely questions about talent, and the questions were warranted, too. The fact that some of these guys have stepped up just means they're improving (mostly young guys) or have discovered the pride of a job well done (older guys).

There are not many Titan starters who do not have the potential to be very good players.

And you're confusing potential with talent.

More likely there's a semantic disagreement here.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:

How could you have potential with no talent?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:

Wait, what?

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I'm ready to call this year a wash for Britt. He has been less than impactful. I don't know if he just struggling coming back from the knee or what.

Brown and Ayers are really growing. Being a former LB, I can see them really coming into their own and play with confidence. Ayers especially, he is trusting his instincts and his eyes.
Brown is starting to get it too. I see him knifing into the backfield more and more often.

When McCarthy is fully healthy again, probably next year, this LB core will be nasty.

CJ has turned on his light. He is officially back. Ducking his head down, not hesitating and shuffling......good to see him back..

I honestly think replacing Jerry Gray with a passable DC could vault this defense into the top half of the NFL, if not the top 10.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Wait, what?

TT4Life7 wrote:

To me, saying a player has great potential means he has the tools do be something special, in the way that Zach Brown has a lot of potential based on his physical gifts (in his case, great speed). But being fast (or strong, or tall, or whatever attribute is in question) is not the same as being talented. Talent implies a degree of ability beyond impressive physical skills. Almost all of these guys have great potential, I mean they're in the NFL for crying out loud. Of course the potential is there. But not all of them have the talent required to excel. They could end up being pretty decent/pretty good, but never break through because they're not especially talented.

For instance, Mike Martin is an absolute monster in the weight room and based on his strength alone he has great potential. But if he hasn't any talent, he's just going to be a strong guy in a helmet for a few years then disappear. Hopefully he turns out to have some good talent, or develops some talent, to combine with his physical characteristics and becomes Andrew Luck's worst nightmare. We'll see.
Blazed-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

I honestly think replacing Jerry Gray with a passable DC could vault this defense into the top half of the NFL, if not the top 10.

Besides Ayers our pass is no bueno.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Titans. Nice little boost heading into the bye week..

2014 Adopt-A-Titan Zach Mettenberger 7
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our gameday threads are so huge compared to everyone elses.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Britt having somewhat of a CJ (from last year) kinda year. He's coming off an injury that is pretty serious (ACL) and it is going to take him some time to get back into the swing of things. If he doesn't improve by next year, then I will be worried. As it stands, I am not.

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:

and.............................

That's what she said! Smile
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
justing101 wrote:

and.............................

That's what she said! Smile

lol that is indeed what she said.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy who hardly ever gets any love is Frank Bush. He has done an amazing job with our young LB's.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Wait, what?

TT4Life7 wrote:

To me, saying a player has great potential means he has the tools do be something special, in the way that Zach Brown has a lot of potential based on his physical gifts (in his case, great speed). But being fast (or strong, or tall, or whatever attribute is in question) is not the same as being talented. Talent implies a degree of ability beyond impressive physical skills. Almost all of these guys have great potential, I mean they're in the NFL for crying out loud. Of course the potential is there. But not all of them have the talent required to excel. They could end up being pretty decent/pretty good, but never break through because they're not especially talented.

For instance, Mike Martin is an absolute monster in the weight room and based on his strength alone he has great potential. But if he hasn't any talent, he's just going to be a strong guy in a helmet for a few years then disappear. Hopefully he turns out to have some good talent, or develops some talent, to combine with his physical characteristics and becomes Andrew Luck's worst nightmare. We'll see.

If Zach Brown only had speed and Mike Martin only had strength then I doubt the Titans would have drafted them in the 2nd and 3rd round. Both of them have shown "talent" not only during their collegiate careers, but also in their limited time in the NFL. If you have talent to play football then you have some potential to be a good football player. If you have zero talent then you could not possibly have any potential. Some are more talented then others therefore increasing their potential to be good football players. Talent and potential go together. You cant have one without the other. Everyone in the NFL has talent (some more than others), and all have potential (if not they wouldn't be playing in the NFL), but if every player could exceed in the NFL based on talent then JaMarcus Russell would be a top 5 QB. You either got it or you don't.

My original argument was that the Titans are young and talented, and with proper coaching, execution, and discipline they have the potential to be a good football team. There's no doubt that any of them are "talented" (even Michael Griffin showed he had talent at one point but he fell off for one reason or another). Each had their question marks coming out of college and each had areas of their game that needed to be improved, but if they didn't have some talent then they wouldn't have been drafted (or just signed to a contract), I promise you that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: