Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timothy67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

Okay I want to know.

What offensive minded head coach is likely to get fired this year that the Bears should look at to replace Tice with in the off season.

Why? Because we all know that the way the offense is going right now the Bears are not going deep in the playoffs even if they make it. If that happens then Lovie in typical Lovie fashion is going to throw Tice under the bus to save himself.

So who should the Bears be looking at potentially?[/quote]
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay has already had 3 OCs here....after 8 games we shouldn't be looking at anyone right now.
rub10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we would be better off evaluating the position AT THE END of the season. Theres still alot of football to be played
Timothy67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay then think of the question this way.

What offensive minded head coaches are likely on the chopping block at the end of the season.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy67 wrote:
Okay then think of the question this way.

What offensive minded head coaches are likely on the chopping block at the end of the season.

Anyone who is already on the chopping block isn't someone we would want here. The only one I could thin of would be Norv Turner, but we fired his brother a few years ago, so I doubt he would want to come here. Not to mention the guy who replaced his brother was let go of only 2 years later and if we fired Tice after only one year as OC we would exactly be presenting him with much job security.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something interesting for everyone who is complaining about Mike Tice…

Jay completed 19/26 passes for a completion rate of 73.1% for 229 yards with 3 TDs & 0 INTs…

Forte ran 12 times for 103 yards and a TD at an average of over 8.5 yards per carry…

Marshall caught 9 balls on 10 targets for 122 yards with 3 TDs…

The Offence alone put up 358 yards with 4 TDs & 3 FGs...completed 42% of their 3rd downs plays and only committed 1 turnover…

Is the offence great? No...but it’s a new offence with a first time coordinator and a lot of new moving parts…8 games in there could be far worse places to be than we are right now.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So typical of the shortsighted nature of the NFL today. Firing people is apparently the answer for everything. Rolling Eyes

This is a team that needs to shore up its red zone offense. Remember as well, they're still playing behind a less-than-talented line.
rub10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Something interesting for everyone who is complaining about Mike Tice…

Jay completed 19/26 passes for a completion rate of 73.1% for 229 yards with 3 TDs & 0 INTs…

Forte ran 12 times for 103 yards and a TD at an average of over 8.5 yards per carry…

Marshall caught 9 balls on 10 targets for 122 yards with 3 TDs…

The Offence alone put up 358 yards with 4 TDs & 3 FGs...completed 42% of their 3rd downs plays and only committed 1 turnover…

Is the offence great? No...but it’s a new offence with a first time coordinator and a lot of new moving parts…8 games in there could be far worse places to be than we are right now.

/\/\ This.

I believe Tice has done an average job so far with this offense, and trying to get the right people involved. He has pretty much solidified the Oline (for the most part), which I can't remember the last time this has happened this early into the season. However, Tice does have some areas he needs to work on to bring this offense to the next level it has the potential to be such as:

-Running the ball more, early in the game and/or when Cutler starts to show signs that he is getting erratic.

-Calling more max protection earlier in a game if Cutler is taking to many hits

- Getting Forte more involved in the pass game. He is a very good receiver and mismatch for a linebacker but we dont seem to take advantage of this as much as we should be.

among other things.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

Timothy67 wrote:
Okay I want to know.

What offensive minded head coach is likely to get fired this year that the Bears should look at to replace Tice with in the off season.

Why? Because we all know that the way the offense is going right now the Bears are not going deep in the playoffs even if they make it. If that happens then Lovie in typical Lovie fashion is going to throw Tice under the bus to save himself.

So who should the Bears be looking at potentially?
[/quote]We are not going to be firing an offensive coordinator.

Instability and inexperience is the biggest problem with our offense. We are not going to add to that by replacing Tice.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:
Okay I want to know.

We are not going to be firing an offensive coordinator.

Instability and inexperience is the biggest problem with our offense. We are not going to add to that by replacing Tice.[/quote]No, the offensive line is the biggest problem with our offense. Let me save you from your first probable response to this right now, the excuse they need more time together is garbage. JMarcus Webb is just bad. We need more talent on this Oline, not more time together.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:
Okay I want to know.

Instability and inexperience is the biggest problem with our offense. We are not going to add to that by replacing Tice.No, the offensive line is the biggest problem with our offense. Let me save you from your first probable response to this right now, the excuse they need more time together is garbage. JMarcus Webb is just bad. We need more talent on this Oline, not more time together.

Both are tackles are bad right now(not to take anything from how bad Webb has been). Carimi as it was pointed out throughout the game is a huge liability right now.

I've been agreeing with you more and more BA. This is getting scary. Laughing

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Jay has already had 3 OCs here....after 8 games we shouldn't be looking at anyone right now.

I hate that excuse. Just because we haven't found a competent OC in years doesn't mean we should stop looking because Jay's had "too many". Tice is not the answer to our OC woes.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I hate that excuse. Just because we haven't found a competent OC in years doesn't mean we should stop looking because Jay's had "too many". Tice is not the answer to our OC woes.

Rolling Eyes Geez, give it a little time man... New OC and moving parts is gonna bring some growing pains. It actually is an excuse... Just ask Sam Bradford. I feel for that kid.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

After 8 games that is a statement that shouldn’t be made.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:
Okay I want to know.

Instability and inexperience is the biggest problem with our offense. We are not going to add to that by replacing Tice.
No, the offensive line is the biggest problem with our offense. Let me save you from your first probable response to this right now, the excuse they need more time together is garbage. JMarcus Webb is just bad. We need more talent on this Oline, not more time together.[/quote]Webb has been pretty decent, that was his first non-false start penalty of the year. And it was a a technique and scheme issue, he ends up trying to block 2 guys, so the 2nd guy he throws his arm out in an attempt to slow him down. Webb would have to labeled as serviceable at this point, which is a big step up from the piece of garbage he was last year. Carimi on the other hand....

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: