Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long does Carimi get?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Not much longer if he keeps his up. His "pass protection" is really bad. I mean could cause an injury bad. I guess that's the only thing that'll in MM90's mind be enough to bench him.

Well here is the question...is Jonathan Scott who has bounced around the NFL between the Lions x2, Bills, Steelers & us going to be better than Carimi? IMO no...It’s easy to say bench a guy but who steps in? Especially on the Oline were continuity is key to everyone…yeah we could go out and spend another high draft pick on an OT but is that really a good idea after only seeing a guy play 10 times? Again IMO no.

Well like you said thats your opinion. I have no idea whether Scott is better than Carimi. But lets not act like its completely far fetched that he wouldnt be. Gabe isnt playing very good football right now. Im extremely afraid to see tomorrow when JJ Watt takes those outside routes to the QB(like he likes to do) what'll happen. Cutler will probably take a major beating tomorrow.

There's a reason Scott was still on the street a month into the regular season…Tice has already shown patience with one of our OTs and frankly it has paid off since Webb has been solid for us this season…there is no reason to believe he won’t do the same with Carimi.

Yeah I understand Scott's story. Tice has also shown he is extremely impatient especially when a guy is blowing blocks.

J'Marcus Webb disagrees.

Chris Williams,Chris Spencer,Edwin Williams and Frank Omiyale disagree with you.

The only one of these guys who got the quick hook was Spencer…reason being we had a guy in Rachal who had 38 career starts under his belt to replace him with…

Chris Williams & Frank Omiyale got plenty of time to show how bad they were.

Right and Carimi is currently showing those same signs. Its nice when you have a 28 game starter on the bench behind him isnt it?

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Not much longer if he keeps his up. His "pass protection" is really bad. I mean could cause an injury bad. I guess that's the only thing that'll in MM90's mind be enough to bench him.

Well here is the question...is Jonathan Scott who has bounced around the NFL between the Lions x2, Bills, Steelers & us going to be better than Carimi? IMO no...It’s easy to say bench a guy but who steps in? Especially on the Oline were continuity is key to everyone…yeah we could go out and spend another high draft pick on an OT but is that really a good idea after only seeing a guy play 10 times? Again IMO no.

Well like you said thats your opinion. I have no idea whether Scott is better than Carimi. But lets not act like its completely far fetched that he wouldnt be. Gabe isnt playing very good football right now. Im extremely afraid to see tomorrow when JJ Watt takes those outside routes to the QB(like he likes to do) what'll happen. Cutler will probably take a major beating tomorrow.

There's a reason Scott was still on the street a month into the regular season…Tice has already shown patience with one of our OTs and frankly it has paid off since Webb has been solid for us this season…there is no reason to believe he won’t do the same with Carimi.

Yeah I understand Scott's story. Tice has also shown he is extremely impatient especially when a guy is blowing blocks.

J'Marcus Webb disagrees.

Chris Williams,Chris Spencer,Edwin Williams and Frank Omiyale disagree with you.

The only one of these guys who got the quick hook was Spencer…reason being we had a guy in Rachal who had 38 career starts under his belt to replace him with…

Right and Carimi is currently showing those same signs. Its nice when you have a 28 game starter on the bench behind him isnt it?

Carimi isn't playing as badly as Spencer was in the first two games of the season.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

J'Marcus Webb disagrees.

Carimi isn't playing as badly as Spencer was in the first two games of the season.

So not like a complete pile of waist....great Laughing. I feel much better now. So does JJ Watt.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said when we drafted Carimi that he would be a great guard if he didn't work out at RT and I stand by that. He gets this year for sure at RT but if a quality RT comes available this offseason I could absolutely see us moving Carimi inside to be what I think would be a dominant LG. Louis, Rachal and Spencer are all UFA after this year so it's certainly not out of the question that they could sign a vet OT and kick Carimi into OG if they don't think he will turn the corner at RT. Can't forget that Angelo drafted him, not Emery.

With all of that said, we can't forget that not only did he not play last year at all after week 2 but he didn't get to do any of the offseason stuff either. Webb is far from great but he has certainly been better this year after getting to work all offseason with Tice. Carimi didn't get that. For all (many) of us who were angry with the lack of patience we showed with Chris Williams' development, many here are pushing for the same with Carimi.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
bears2308

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
The rest of this season and all of next season.

If Carimi continues to be a weak spot and struggles in the playoffs he still gets all of next season handed to him because....he was Angelo's 1st rounder?

No. Emery knows our only weak spot on offense is the o-line and TE. If you think Emery has no idea that Cutler was sacked 7 times in the first half against Carolina and has been getting hit on a regular basis then your thoughts for Carimi are purely based on hope. I expect our 1st or 2nd to be on the o-line or tight-end position, and the one we don't draft will be picked up in FA. I'm going to guess the TE is found in FA.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

If Carimi continues to be a weak spot and struggles in the playoffs he still gets all of next season handed to him because....he was Angelo's 1st rounder?

No. Emery knows our only weak spot on offense is the o-line and TE. If you think Emery has no idea that Cutler was sacked 7 times in the first half against Carolina and has been getting hit on a regular basis then your thoughts for Carimi are purely based on hope. I expect our 1st or 2nd to be on the o-line or tight-end position, and the one we don't draft will be picked up in FA. I'm going to guess the TE is found in FA.

No because he would have played a grand total of 18 regular season games and a few in the playoffs depending on how far we go...let's be optimistic and say 21 games over the course of two season...is 21 games enough time to accurately judge a player?
bears2308

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

No because he would have played a grand total of 18 regular season games and a few in the playoffs depending on how far we go...let's be optimistic and say 21 games over the course of two season...is 21 games enough time to accurately judge a player?

If he remains terrible then wouldn't you look to replace him? That's what a good GM does. I think you're still stuck in the Angelo days.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

If he remains terrible then wouldn't you look to replace him? That's what a good GM does. I think you're still stuck in the Angelo days.

After 21 games I wouldn't look to replace him...that's called realism and not thinking you can just bin guys over and over again and keep spending resources if a guy isn't an all pro right away.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Yes, 21 games is enough time. In fact most players do not get that long as starters to prove themselves before they are replaced.

This team needs to win now as the defense, while great, does no have another year to waste waiting for quality OT play.

My guess is Carimi gets this season and of has not improved he will be replaced of at least be competing for his spot.

There is also the issue that this is a health concern and his knee will never be 100% again.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Yes, 21 games is enough time. In fact most players do not get that long as starters to prove themselves before they are replaced.

This team needs to win now as the defense, while great, does no have another year to waste waiting for quality OT play.

My guess is Carimi gets this season and of has not improved he will be replaced of at least be competing for his spot.

There is also the issue that this is a health concern and his knee will never be 100% again.

Yeah it makes you wonder why guys like Roddy White or D'Brickashaw Ferguson wern't cut after poor seasons to start there carrer...hell Tony Gonzalez was pretty average his first two years why did KC not cut him?...maybe we should just all overreact more to 10 games of football.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
this
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Yeah it makes you wonder why guys like Roddy White or D'Brickashaw Ferguson wern't cut after poor seasons to start there carrer...hell Tony Gonzalez was pretty average his first two years why did KC not cut him?...maybe we should just all overreact more to 10 games of football.

If Gabe Carimi playing average football there wouldnt be a need for this thread.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

If Gabe Carimi playing average football there wouldnt be a need for this thread.

Yeah was Ferguson average in his 1st season?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

No one is over reacting and saying replace him right now.

Major Wright did not get 21 games of being bad before we drafted Hardin.

Izzy was average over 16 games last season and we drafted to replace him.

Why did pool jumper not get 21 starts before we gave up on him? Iglesias did not get 21 starts.

21 starts is far more than most players get to prove themselves.

We are saying that if this continues [hypothetical] then we need to look at other options. Because 21 games is a lot of time and most 1st round picks who look terrible for 21 games have competition or are replaced. God, Chris Williams got 6-7 games at LT before the plug was pulled on him.

And we are not a rebuilding team that has time for guys to develop we are in win now mode over the next 2-3 years.

I want Carimi to be good and start at RT, but I am preparing myself for the fact that he might not based on what I have seen.

Last edited by WindyCity on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Yeah was Ferguson average in his 1st season?

Where did I say I want Gabe Carimi cut?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: