Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baltimore Ravens vs. Oakland Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Dean Pees is officially the most idiotic DC in the league, I think...

via ProFootballFocus:
The Ravens moved rookie Courtney Upshaw all around on defense but he struggled to have any impact on the Raiders running game when they lined him up at defensive tackle

Question though -- not that I agree with putting Upshaw at DT by any means, but aren't you clamoring each week for our coordinators to be more "creative"? Do you not think that maybe Pees was trying all sorts of different formations to get a feel for what creative schemes/lineups he can use and see how it works in a game situation?

Just curious as it seems, at least to me, to somewhat contradict what you are yelling for each week that our offense/defense sucks. I feel like Pees may have just been experimenting some different things, and instead of thinking "Hey, he's trying to be creative" you say he's a gigantic idiot. Doesn't quite make sense to me.

Creative within the bounds of realism. Like someone else said, putting him there in OBVIOUS passing situations makes sense, but putting him there to stop the runs is idiotic.

Yes, I praise creativity, but not like this. Not putting an OLB at DT.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

via ProFootballFocus:
The Ravens moved rookie Courtney Upshaw all around on defense but he struggled to have any impact on the Raiders running game when they lined him up at defensive tackle

Question though -- not that I agree with putting Upshaw at DT by any means, but aren't you clamoring each week for our coordinators to be more "creative"? Do you not think that maybe Pees was trying all sorts of different formations to get a feel for what creative schemes/lineups he can use and see how it works in a game situation?

Just curious as it seems, at least to me, to somewhat contradict what you are yelling for each week that our offense/defense sucks. I feel like Pees may have just been experimenting some different things, and instead of thinking "Hey, he's trying to be creative" you say he's a gigantic idiot. Doesn't quite make sense to me.

Creative within the bounds of realism. Like someone else said, putting him there in OBVIOUS passing situations makes sense, but putting him there to stop the runs is idiotic.

And what if it worked out well? Kind of like Ingram in San Diego? Would you have criticized it then?

My point is, you harp on the coaches not being creative enough, and yet when he attempts to be a bit more creative, you call him an idiot for doing so.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

via ProFootballFocus:

And what if it worked out well? Kind of like Ingram in San Diego? Would you have criticized it then?

My point is, you harp on the coaches not being creative enough, and yet when he attempts to be a bit more creative, you call him an idiot for doing so.

I think you're both missing the point. This shouldn't be a Dean Pees issue because Dean Pees didn't say this. The writer of the article, Gordon McGuinness, said it. To which I would reply, "Well, D'uh." If Upshaw is in the DT position, he's not there to stop the run.

Had Pees played him there all game, then maybe we should be having this conversation.

Personally, I think this was one of Pees best called games... regardless if we gave up 20 points. I mean, when was last time you saw a dollar package?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Laughing Steelers already 3.5 point favorites and they haven't even played this week yet. I can't freakin wait.

I remember reading that the line was already up to four. Funny stuff... As far as the fake FG is concerned, at least one Raider wasn't too offended:

"Bothered? No. Iím bothered by the way we played. Theyíre trying to win the game and they can run whatever plays they want. Thatís a class organization, itís a classy team. Iíve played against them a bunch. Not bothered by that."

Carson is pure class.

Anyways, I'm just so glad we came out that inspired for a trap game. Time to ball out once again next week and go Keith Bulluck on 'dem towels in front of the entire nation.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Laughing Steelers already 3.5 point favorites and they haven't even played this week yet. I can't freakin wait.

I remember reading that the line was already up to four. Funny stuff... As far as the fake FG is concerned, at least one Raider wasn't too offended:

"Bothered? No. Iím bothered by the way we played. Theyíre trying to win the game and they can run whatever plays they want. Thatís a class organization, itís a classy team. Iíve played against them a bunch. Not bothered by that."

Carson is pure class.

Anyways, I'm just so glad we came out that inspired for a trap game. Time to ball out once again next week and go Keith Bulluck on 'dem towels in front of the entire nation.
I thought Lendale White stomped on a TT?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

bmore4life815

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Carson is pure class.

I thought Lendale White stomped on a TT?

I remember seeing Keith Bulluck hold the towel up in front of the camera and stomp on it right afterwards with someone else. That may've been White.

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing You think the line is down to 3 yet?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Laughing You think the line is down to 3 yet?

Haha, I'm cheering for the Chiefs so hard right now. Stil ldon't think they're that good, but would love for them to look like the most talented team in the league tonight. Threads in NFL Gen as a result are totally worth being up on the Stillers by 2 games with the chance to virtually put them away next week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I hope the steelers lose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't believe for a second that Ben misses our game. He will make a "heroic" return to play to his normal level like nothing happened.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The steelers are the luckiest team ever
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Well, Ingram was known for being moved around everywhere at South Carolina so I'm not sure that's an apt example. Upshaw is/was pretty much an edge-only guy and that's where most of his strengths lie. I guess it wasn't a bad idea to try it but I think SnA said it best - creative within the bounds of realism.

Integrity wrote:
Personally, I think this was one of Pees best called games... regardless if we gave up 20 points. I mean, when was last time you saw a dollar package?

I think it was probably his best called game of the season. Yeah it was only the Raiders but the play-calling and the flow (if that makes sense) of the defense looked much better than what we've seen. There were still a couple of issues but I hope some of what we saw becomes a trend and not just a fluke week where Pees was creative because they were playing a bad team.
RayReed2052

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
The steelers are the luckiest team ever

got that right

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love seeing the Steelers play a super physical overtime game 6 days before we play them.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatest .jpg ever:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: