Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Way too early 2013 Mock Draft

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
treece300e


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 405
Location: Nampa, ID
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Way too early 2013 Mock Draft Reply with quote

Way too early, but I thought I'd post it for fun. I did it at 4:30AM, so any criticism is warranted, but be gentle.

Round 1 - Jonathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Round 2 - Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
Round 3 - Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
Round 4 - Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
Round 5 - Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St.
Round 6 - Mister Cobble, NT, Kentucky
Round 7 - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St.

Kind of ironic that it's defense heavy, but I think it's necessary at those positions. 2NTs might be a bit much, and I think we'll possibly go FA, but it may not be bad to bring in a couple big dudes to man that spot so we don't have Mitchell or Crick playing there while they are undersized and don't plug the gap versus the run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 2794
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Kawaan Short-DT, strengthens the interior D-line and makes ILB less of a priority.
2. Terrance Williams-WR, #2WR with potential to be a #1.
3. Xavier Nixon-OT, he and Newton battle for RT and the other is swing OT.
4. Andrew Jackson-ILB, solidify ILB opposite Cushing.
5. Johnny Adams-CB, we lose McCain to FA and add some depth with Adams.
6. Quinn Sharp-P/K, younger better cheaper P for field position battle and emergency depth at K as well.
7. Zach Boren-FB, for the short yardage/goal line situation when you need to pound the ball.

I also think we could be getting Comp. picks in the 3rd for Mario, 5th for Brisiel, and 6th or 7th for Allen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mse326


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 15954
Location: mike23md on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Way too early 2013 Mock Draft Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
Way too early, but I thought I'd post it for fun. I did it at 4:30AM, so any criticism is warranted, but be gentle.

Round 1 - Jonathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Round 2 - Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
Round 3 - Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
Round 4 - Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
Round 5 - Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St.
Round 6 - Mister Cobble, NT, Kentucky
Round 7 - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St.

Kind of ironic that it's defense heavy, but I think it's necessary at those positions. 2NTs might be a bit much, and I think we'll possibly go FA, but it may not be bad to bring in a couple big dudes to man that spot so we don't have Mitchell or Crick playing there while they are undersized and don't plug the gap versus the run.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKI-tD0L18A
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11920
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to pretend we get an extra 3rd, 6th, and 7th in compensatory picks.

1st || Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
2nd || Kevin Minter, ILB. LSU
3rd || Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
3rd || Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
4th || Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
5th || Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois
6th ||
6th ||

I will finish the rest later.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4514
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Jesse Williams drops to the 3rd round.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11920
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
No way Jesse Williams drops to the 3rd round.


I know it's a stretch, but this is huge, deep draft for defensive linemen and most places have Williams rated as their 4th or 5th DT. I don't have my big board/top 64 put together yet, but I won't be too surprised if he's a second day pick. I will grant that the end of the 3rd is optimistic, though.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treece300e


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 405
Location: Nampa, ID
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Way too early 2013 Mock Draft Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
treece300e wrote:
Way too early, but I thought I'd post it for fun. I did it at 4:30AM, so any criticism is warranted, but be gentle.

Round 1 - Jonathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Round 2 - Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
Round 3 - Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
Round 4 - Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
Round 5 - Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St.
Round 6 - Mister Cobble, NT, Kentucky
Round 7 - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St.

Kind of ironic that it's defense heavy, but I think it's necessary at those positions. 2NTs might be a bit much, and I think we'll possibly go FA, but it may not be bad to bring in a couple big dudes to man that spot so we don't have Mitchell or Crick playing there while they are undersized and don't plug the gap versus the run.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKI-tD0L18A


Yeah, I did that partially for the response. It's a decent 7th round value, and one that I wouldn't be mad about if he was learning behind Schaub and Yates, and to compete with Keenum for the 3rd QB spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marco79


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 11559
Location: Bloomington, IN
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Carr is going to be so much higher than a 7th round pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 598
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it is looking like Joel is Manning go to TE in Denver over Tamme will we get a COMP pick for him as well.... i am praying that this year we can restructure antonio smith so he can stay three more years and hope fully some how lure Henry Melton out of Chicago. That DL would do alot of damage. If not here is my mock draft. thinking we get a 3,5,6 for comp pick

1 Kawann Short DT Purdue
2 Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
3 Jonathan Brown ILB Illinois
3 Oday Aboushi OT Virginia
4 Marquess Wilson WR Washington St.
5 Brandon Ford TE Clemson
5 Silas Redd RB USC
6 Michael Mauti LB Penn St.
6 Darius Slay DB Mississippi St.
7 Walter Stewart OLB Cincinnati

I think this would help us out the most and YES i have TWO ILB's in this draft. All bec idk how sharpton will be once back and i hate brady james. what do you think
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 2794
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
I'm going to pretend we get an extra 3rd, 6th, and 7th in compensatory picks.

1st || Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
2nd || Kevin Minter, ILB. LSU
3rd || Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
3rd || Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
4th || Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
5th || Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois
6th ||
6th ||

I will finish the rest later.


I love the Quinton Patton pick, but I don't see Jesse Williams falling that low or Terry Hawthorne either. Hawthorne will probably go late 2nd or early 3rd at worst.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 2794
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2013 amended mock with 3rd and 5th round comp. picks.

1. Kawaan Short-DT
2. Terrance Williams-WR
3. Xavier Nixon-OT
3b. Andrew Jackson-ILB
4. Johnny Adams-CB
5. Braden Hansen-OG
5b. Quinn Sharp-P/K
6. Baker Steinkuhler-DE
7. Zach Boren-FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11920
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, if we're looking for a late-round nose tackle, A&M's Spencer Nealy just dominated Barrett Jones (maybe the best college center in the country) as a 1-gap nose.

I don't know that he'll get a Combine invite, but if he ends up at the Shrine Game I'd put money on him wearing Steel Blue come the first of May.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8869
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Way too early 2013 Mock Draft Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
Way too early, but I thought I'd post it for fun. I did it at 4:30AM, so any criticism is warranted, but be gentle.

Round 1 - Jonathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Round 2 - Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
Round 3 - Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
Round 4 - Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
Round 5 - Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St.
Round 6 - Mister Cobble, NT, Kentucky
Round 7 - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St.

Kind of ironic that it's defense heavy, but I think it's necessary at those positions. 2NTs might be a bit much, and I think we'll possibly go FA, but it may not be bad to bring in a couple big dudes to man that spot so we don't have Mitchell or Crick playing there while they are undersized and don't plug the gap versus the run.


it is really early, but i like the positions taken, just dont know much about the players, but if we come out better on the O-Line and D-Line then we will be feeling pretty good

only thing is i think we might go ILB in the 1st
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
treece300e


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 405
Location: Nampa, ID
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we have scouts looking at numerous teams, but I just had a friend tell me they saw a Texans scout at the Oregon game a few weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they were looking at Kiko Alonso at ILB. I love the way he plays, but I'm not sure he's the "thumper" role typically used next to Cushing.

I haven't seen anything about where he's projected for the draft, but I think he could be the next coming of Braman; big bodied LB that excels on ST and works his way into the starting lineup after a year or two.

EDIT: Okay, maybe he's not a good option now that I discovered he's had some issues off the field: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6466594
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group