Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gotta ask this again... Mike Wallace in 2013?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Let's just learn to draft like Pittsburgh and get our own guy.. Wallace is 2009 3rd rd pick, 84th overall.. Cool

Problem is that we are limited on draft picks and need to use the higher picks on issues that need to be resolved in the secondary. Especially after signing 2 WR's this offseason to fairly good contracts, drafting one would be a luxury.

well-- maybe .. but come our second round pick I say we have to take the BPA among the DB's, Wideouts, Inside backers , even a monster TE..
don't forget about RT. as for TE, I'm not sure i agree. I think they will re-sign Fred. Logan is a good back up and Paul is developing pretty nicely. He's shown flashes of what he can be.

As midniteric would say, it all depends on what we do in free agency. That will determine what positions we will target in the draft.

I'm oK with RT,,Polumbus, Brown, Compton .. Adequate. I still want one of those Gronk type TE's! AND I'm worried Fred may never be FRED again.. serious injury..
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Let's just learn to draft like Pittsburgh and get our own guy.. Wallace is 2009 3rd rd pick, 84th overall.. Cool

Problem is that we are limited on draft picks and need to use the higher picks on issues that need to be resolved in the secondary. Especially after signing 2 WR's this offseason to fairly good contracts, drafting one would be a luxury.

well-- maybe .. but come our second round pick I say we have to take the BPA among the DB's, Wideouts, Inside backers , even a monster TE..
don't forget about RT. as for TE, I'm not sure i agree. I think they will re-sign Fred. Logan is a good back up and Paul is developing pretty nicely. He's shown flashes of what he can be.

As midniteric would say, it all depends on what we do in free agency. That will determine what positions we will target in the draft.

I'm oK with RT,,Polumbus, Brown, Compton .. Adequate. I still want one of those Gronk type TE's! AND I'm worried Fred may never be FRED again.. serious injury..

I HEAR You on the Gronk type TE!!! And never been sold on Davis anyway, but I'd love for us to have a Beast at TE
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So TE and Wr at the expense of DBs and a RT prospect?

Yeah, that makes sense... Rolling Eyes

Hello losing season in 2013... Laughing

Why don't we take a 2nd round qb also. Just for ish and giggles. Laughing

Jk guys, but yeah I don't have either position high on my list this year. Possibly next year though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Jk guys, but yeah I don't have either position high on my list this year. Possibly next year though.

Now Turtle, somewhere back in this post ,, or was it another one ? anyway ,,I said BPA among DB's, Wideouts, ILB and and yes,,if a MONSTER TE happens to be there .. Shame on you
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Now Turtle, somewhere back in this post ,, or was it another one ? anyway ,,I said BPA among DB's, Wideouts, ILB and and yes,,if a MONSTER TE happens to be there .. Shame on you
there are no Gronk's in this draft. gronk is a one in a generation talent at the TE positon, if there was one like him available id take him of course, but there isn't.

so, to me, even if Davis is Gone. Paulsen and Paul are capable of replacing that production. Logan has been damn solid since Davis went down 4 to 5 receptions a game, and Paul is only going to improve this offseason for next year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulsen is THE classic overachiver and I love his work ethic..,, He just doesn't have ,,,speed.. Paul has very good speed but not size.. and injury and contract --Fred may not be back. T E has become a position of need all of a sudden.
I've been checking Walter prospects and I agree ---no Gronks this year.. A couple of T E's worth a 3rd pick.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Let's all overreact!!!!!
We got our RB in the 6th round remember? Maybe we can take a chance on a TE later in the draft??? I know our team needs I was just saying yes it would be nice to find a Beast TE. Jeez no one can dream any more Wink
Griff3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first 3 picks in the draft have to be spent on defensive players. Griffin has proved that he can score points, along with Morris with our current offense. What the Redskins need is a defense that can stop the other team from scoring points.

Also I so want to see D.Hall move to Free Safety for a couple games before the season ends. I think that would be his best position at the moment.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Let's all overreact!!!!!
We got our RB in the 6th round remember? Maybe we can take a chance on a TE later in the draft??? I know our team needs I was just saying yes it would be nice to find a Beast TE. Jeez no one can dream any more Wink

For some reason I feel as though we are living out the teaser to a summer release. We see that we can have just a little bit of vision into the future and now all of a sudden we should gut everything and upgrade positions that dont need upgrading.

Kyle's offense is not focused around the TE and the middle of the field. Primarly it is to run the ball to set up play action using multiple fronts to confuse defenses and acquiesce to the QB strengths. The Redskins are not NE. They focus on a spread offense that entails under routes which include RB's , slot WR's which are small, and TE's that are mobile, but can block as well. Hence why they dont really have a true #1 WR. Cause no matter how you slice it, Welker is not a #1 and neither is Lloyd.

That is not our offense. Davis will suit our offense well when he has had a full off season to actually work with RGIII and be healthy.

The teaser should be about the defense, and not some monster TE. Seriously? We don't have the picks to actually use on a TE. It is the one spot that we are pretty solid at, minus an injury. Can we find a guy in the 5th that is agile and can block? I would love to, because I dont like Paul playing the TE spot.

But again, I feel that is a luxury more than a need. People just need to calm down and let the progression of the offense come to RGIII instead of wishing for things that we dont need to be something that the Redskins are not and have never been.

The closest thing to the Redskins being the New England Patriots was some 80 years ago when the Redskins were the Boston Braves.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Paulsen is THE classic overachiver and I love his work ethic..,, He just doesn't have ,,,speed.. Paul has very good speed but not size.. and injury and contract --Fred may not be back. T E has become a position of need all of a sudden.
I've been checking Walter prospects and I agree ---no Gronks this year.. A couple of T E's worth a 3rd pick.
who cares? He's a tight end. The giants won a Super Bowl with Ballard (who's slower than Paulsen) as their TE. Heath miller is the steelers TE and they've been to 3 Super Bowls with him, Winning 2. Speed is a luxury at that position, not a necessity.

You are putting too much stock in the position.

And Paul has the speed anyways. Lets continue to develop both guys and put our resources elsewhere (DB&OT) to make us the best team we can be from 1 to 53

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff3 wrote:
The first 3 picks in the draft have to be spent on defensive players. Griffin has proved that he can score points, along with Morris with our current offense. What the Redskins need is a defense that can stop the other team from scoring points.

Also I so want to see D.Hall move to Free Safety for a couple games before the season ends. I think that would be his best position at the moment.
id like to see DHall at FS also the last few games so you all can see what a horrible idea it is, then cut him ASAP Laughing
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Griff3 wrote:

id like to see DHall at FS also the last few games so you all can see what a horrible idea it is, then cut him ASAP Laughing

ME TOO turtle!!!

Also mike23md, VERY nice post about the TE being a luxury position for our Offense. Istill want two burners on the outside to take advantage of RG3's deep ball lol. But I totally get and agree with what you are saying about the TE position. And turtle also good point about the NYG winning with Ballard and Steelers with Miller

From what you guys are saying we should be set with Paulsen, Davis, and Paul
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niles Paul is a Hybrid TE/H-back, he has his own position and has done well at it.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, The Giants are now weak at T E and struggling on O, The Cowboys-- go to man-Whitten. Patriots-Gronk, Atlanta Gonzales, etc. Watch Celek kill us Sunday --The better teams have,,and make great use of talented T E..'s.. It's not a luxury IMO,, so we'll shake hands and see what happens.. Silenced
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Niles Paul is a Hybrid TE/H-back, he has his own position and has done well at it.
for the most part I agree. He's been blown up on a few blocks that I've seen. IMO he still needs to get stronger and an end line blocker vs DEs and lbs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: