Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I love this guy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: I love this guy Reply with quote

Couldn't have said it better myself, or did I? Bwahaha

Q: With your best people either already here or locked in with the Eagles, where will your list come from?

A: One of big weaknesses in the league is people's inclinations to hire people they know or they feel safe with. I know people through the league in all categories -- salesmen, marketing people, position coaches, general managers. I have good people in mind in every area and they won't be my friends or at least that's not what will drive it. It won't be driven by people I've worked with. For me, the pool of potential talent is the entire league and all the relationships I've developed over the years. I'm not just going to be plucking people out of my past. You see coaches come in and the whole staff is somebody they used to work with. They're not hiring the best of the best when they do that.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/11/cleveland_browns_ceo_joe_banne_1.html#incart_2box

Although I might have added people who share a common agent. haha
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% and I'm so happy to head Banner thinks this way. Its one of my biggest fears that him and Haslam were just going to come in clean house and remodel it with 2nd hand junk they used in the past.

If Banner is true to his word then Tom Heckart should be in that talent pool for GM and if Tom Heckart is in that pool then I don't see how anyone would do better than Heckart.

Shurmur, Childress and Jauron, however, could be in some deep trouble because it wouldn't be hard to find better.

Jamison on the sig
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I agree 100% and I'm so happy to head Banner thinks this way. Its one of my biggest fears that him and Haslam were just going to come in clean house and remodel it with 2nd hand junk they used in the past.

If Banner is true to his word then Tom Heckart should be in that talent pool for GM and if Tom Heckart is in that pool then I don't see how anyone would do better than Heckart.

Shurmur, Childress and Jauron, however, could be in some deep trouble because it wouldn't be hard to find better.

Totally agree with the Heckert part. With the injuries and suspensions I think Jauron's D has been pretty solid. But yeah, no way Chilly or Shurbert stay if they do an evaluation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: